Ending my site
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 2,029 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 05:41 PM UTC
Friends,

I haven neglected my website because i am no longer actively building any models (just browsing other sites and admiring the work of others), and i don't think that i will restart building anytime soon. because of this my site is seeing several breakdowns and i decided to take it of the net.

I will remove the site effectivly from april, 1 2006, so if there is anything anybody wants from the site, this is the moment

Thanks for all the reply's on the site and i am glad that my site could inspire people.

Happy modeling to all
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 05:53 PM UTC
sorry to hear we will not have ''Whatever happens,keep modelling'' site anymore but i know you give the right decision for yourself...i wish the best for you and stay with us Ronny. whatever happens
Snake-NL
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 799 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 06:06 PM UTC
your Tips page on your site is really good. can you place them somewhere else? It would be sad if they are gone.

And it is a good learning process for me
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 06:17 PM UTC
Ronny - to bad for the site, I totally understand though.

I for one will invite you to offer a space for your content. There is some very good stuff out there.
PM me if you're interested....
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 06:31 PM UTC
That's most unfortunate, Ronny...
You had a really great site, but I can understand the need for shutdowns...I myself had to close my site a few months back, just not enough time in the day to do it all, mate! Anyway's, thanks for all of your past efforts with your site, and my best goes out to you!
Gunny
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,267 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 07:42 PM UTC
Ronny it is sad to hear that somebody is giving up our art form as well as your most helpful site. Maybe Jim will allow some of your superb reference materials to be given a section here. I hope that you find the time to rest and maybe rejoin us in our hobby in the not too distant future.

John
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 747 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 02:58 AM UTC
yeah I'm with slodder post some of the stuff on your site here
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 03:44 AM UTC
I'm sorry to hear this Ronny. I got some excellent info from your site. I have loads of it saved to my hard disk.

Hope things work out well for you.
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 07:01 AM UTC
Ronny, if you'd like I could place some of your content on my website. Let me know.
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 2,394 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 08:38 AM UTC
Ronny, sorry to hear this news. Your site was one of the most informative when I started to biold dios. Thanks fo rhaving it there as long as you have. CheersKevin
Spades
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 776 Posts
KitMaker Network: 190 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 09:53 AM UTC
Hey Roadkill,

Hate to see your website going away, I liked the tips and hints on it. Heck you helped me out at times over at Digital Dioramas.

Why arent you building anymore ?? Lost the interest ?? Hope to see you come back in the bldg community again.
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 2,029 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 12:17 PM UTC
tnx for the reply's.

about the content, most of the reference pictures are al ready placed here in the gallery

tips : most or links to other sites, i never claimed to own the tips just passing them allong so how to put them here or one a other site is simply copying the link

I never realised the so many people liked the site and used it as a reference, wow, tnx

No I did lot losed the love for the hobby, that is why i almost every day visit this site (and a few others) but simply life has gotten in the way.

I made a choice in my career about 2 years ago and as a result i am climbing up the ladder with great result.

This also means that I am putting in 60-70 hours in to my job (gladly) and the spare time that remains is for my kids

So, no i still love the hobby and still admire others theire work but it is a choise
 _GOTOTOP