_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Missing images in reviews...help please
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2005 - 12:41 PM UTC
Hi boffins,

I realise things have been hectic with all the changes on site but I did mention a few weeks ago that there seems to be a problem with some of the kit reviews I’ve done in the past.
There has not been any response to my original posting.

I’ve checked again and the problems are extensive. Many reviews have all the images missing. At least at my end.
And on one there is a boat image that has come from God knows where plus an American flag next to the title?????

Can someone please comment.

Many thanks.
Peter
:-)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2005 - 09:15 PM UTC
Peter,
I looked at this last night and most of these broken image references I can fix with a pretty simple find and replace in the database. However with the update to the newer (5.0) version of PhotoPost there were some file-name changes that occurred that might still prevent the thumbs from showing up (but the larger images should still work).

We had started a project to re-work all of these older reviews and put the images in via the new ID system (which means no awkward HTML to fix). But I guess there are still quite a few of them still not updated. I think Rowan may be getting some help in the Aircraft section soon so this may be something we will re-visit.

Thanks,
Jim
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2005 - 10:08 PM UTC
Hi Peter and Jim

Sorry, I missed the post about your Review images - I spotted the Features problem post and replied at the time to say I'd restored the pictures.

This has been an ongoing project to catch up with, but I'm afraid work is preventing me spending as much time as I'd like on-site to tackle both old and new material (I'm posting this while I render a film sequence).

All the best

Rowan
Anonymous
entire network: 260 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 02:51 PM UTC
Hi everyone

Sorry for going OT, but I still can't get my password sent to me. I also can't start a new topic in this forum group, so that why I use this option.

I'm told that my password is incorrect, so when I saw yesterday that the problem with mailserver was solved I was very happy, so imediatly I asked for a password to be sent to, but no mail arrives. In pure desperation I have even tried to create a new account, but also here I don't get any mail with my password.

I hope someone will take the time to help me.

I can be contacted on this mail: [email protected]

Regards
Per Kristensen
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 03:16 PM UTC
Hi...
I just wondered....

Many many thanks for the replies.
I missed Rowan's earlier response, it just didn't get through to my end.

But all's well that ends well

Now I know its no problem..

Thanks again

Cheers
Peter

:-)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 10:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi everyone

Sorry for going OT, but I still can't get my password sent to me. I also can't start a new topic in this forum group, so that why I use this option.

I'm told that my password is incorrect, so when I saw yesterday that the problem with mailserver was solved I was very happy, so immediately I asked for a password to be sent to, but no mail arrives. In pure desperation I have even tried to create a new account, but also here I don't get any mail with my password.

I hope someone will take the time to help me.

I can be contacted on this mail: [email protected]

Regards
Per Kristensen

Hi Per,
Yes you are not alone with this issue. When we switched to a new multi-server environment 2 weeks ago our internal email was no longer going out correctly. This means no new members are getting their sign-up emails with passwords. We are working on a fix for this problem and will hopefully have that out later today. All site users will be emailed (via a bulk mailing) with instructions on how to activate their accounts and get passwords, etc.

Thanks for your patience.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP