_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Current projects?
Chappy_ju87
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 146 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 05:29 PM UTC
Ok, I am curious. What is everyone currently working on???
I have just finished up a 1/16 Tamiya Kubelwagen(sent in pics to be posted) and have started on the old Tamiya 1/35 M-1 Abrams. I finally finished sanding and glueing the road wheels and sprockets last night. I plan to hit this model hard this weekend, it should be a pretty quick build, not that many pieces to it.
The_Swede
Visit this Community
Jönköping, Sweden
entire network: 327 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 06:16 PM UTC
I've put my Strv122 to the side for a while (waiting for Eduard Leo2A5 etch)

Currently I'm working on the AFV Club M88A1 with AEF interior set.
I got this kit as a gift from a friend in the US. Thank you Jim.

I also have a half finished AA Strv103C with HKCW Leo2 tracks lying around.
And a AA Centurion ARV mk2 that I'm building as a Swedish Bgbv 81 ARV.
Had to perform major surgery on the lower hull thou so I took a break from that one too.
I also need more reference pictures for that project.

Thord
http://go.to/the_swede
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 06:55 PM UTC
I am working on a Swedish Heliocopter Hkp9A (BO 105 Helitow) and after seeing Scott Murphys great site I have revamped my building plan for it. I am in process of getting photos for doing extra detailing.

I also just started a M8 and a Deuce 6 2½ton for a little diorama.

With Thord's help I am working on a Strv 122 also, but that is still in planning stages. I have some other Swedish equipment in planning stages...(but Armorama keeps me at the computer...)
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 09:50 PM UTC
Well, I'm working on 120mm modern US Infantryman. Besides that I have several other figures on the bench in the various stages of completion:

-Three Fighting Men, a small vignette based on the Vietnam memorial statue
-US Pathfinder from Nam
-Virtual Fighter (from the movie Matrix)
-British Para from Falklands

German Fallschmirjager and US BAR Gunner are completed and waiting for a bit of groundwork...

Mario M.

pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 649 Posts
KitMaker Network: 261 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 09:59 PM UTC
Finishing up the Italeri M32 ARV. Tracks to do, and decals and weathering. Hope to get it done in time for AMPS
In the middle of an bergepanzer conversion from the Testor's /Italeri PzIV with Verlinden bergepanzer conversion set.. Hull and roadwheels done (whew!) and some of the resin sanded. I haven't dug into the photoetch yet.....(squint,squint)
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 10:16 PM UTC
Hi!
I´m building a Trumpeter EET-2 Osório Brazilian MBT 1/35.
It´s hull completed, turret in the sanding, puttying time....
Hope to finish it by the end of March (and write down a review, probably it´ll be the first review for this kit, ever!)
Cheers!
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 10:16 PM UTC
Just need to weather the M-4A3 Frontline breakthrough sherman and finih painting the figures. Also starting Tamiya's T-34/85 w/ Assault infantry. With aluminum barrel and Verlinden rear deck detail set.
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
entire network: 255 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 10:17 PM UTC
Working on a Tamiya T-34/76 at the moment. Want to do a wintercamouflage on it by using the white pastel method. Also working on Tamiya's 1/48 F-15J (was doing a "dual build" together with Chappy but his unfortunately "crashed"). Almost done on Tamiya's 1/24 Jaguar Mk.II Saloon as a gift for my Dad. Next I will start a WWII vintage aircraft probably. Getting tired of jets
Don't know which one I will start : MPM or ICM's 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IX, Tamiya's Bf109-E3, Hasegawa's P-47D or Typhoon, Revell's P-47N, Acc.Min. A-36 Apache or P-51A, Hobbycraft's F4U-1D (all 1/48 of course). Suggestions anyone???
NeilUnreal
Visit this Community
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 10:21 PM UTC
I've got too many things going on, but the stuff actually spread out on the workbench is:

1) My scratchbuilt brass M18 57mm RR model at 120mm scale. Finished turning the outside of the main barrel and breech. Hope to finish drilling the breech and making the breech block this weekend.

2) A Dragon 1/35 'Nam' series Green Beret that I'm super-detailing to learn to make buckles, shoelaces, straps, etc. from scratch. He will become part of a diorama with other Green Berets.

3) A Polar Lights "Bride of Frankenstein" reissue that's about 80% finished. Mainly just need to finish the "glass" bottles and beakers. (Arrgghh! Clear parts!)

4) Still collecting info and making mental plans while waiting for the last of the resin and photo-etch for my Shore Patrol jeep (based on the Tamiya Willys). After the Green Beret above is complete, I may start on kitbashing the included figure into an SP in liberty dress.

-Neil
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 10:31 PM UTC
Currently working on the old Tamiya Pz III Ausf. M and have been thinning out the side armor and detailing the roadwheels. I was attempting to drill out the lightening holes and add the hollow tubing, but that became too much work for an outdated kit. I'm just doing it to the 2 spare roadwheels instead.

Also have that very old Tamiya SAS Jeep about 90% completed. I've been trying to cleanup the Jerry cans, but most do not line up when attached. The kit is basically finished except for the add-on equipment. Trying to do this OOB, but I have a set of Italeri Jerry cans just crying out to be used.

The 1/16 Tiger will be worked on when it gets warmer and I can work in the garage. It's too big to build in the house.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 10:39 PM UTC
I'm finishing up an early M3 Stuart - scratchbuilt turret and complete interior with engine. I'm also detailing out a M8 HMC alongside the Stuart.

Gunnie
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 10:47 PM UTC
I have Italeri's Steyr Tractor about finished. I still have the tracks to add, then the weathering.
I've been scrounging cargo from the spares box and other kits. If I don't make a major mistake, this will be my first ever contest entry.
I have a UH-19 on the workbench, as well as the Revell M113 which I plan to finish as a UN ambulance. Sabot kindly sent me a resin emergency light got this project.
Also have Italeri's M8 in the works.
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 11:36 PM UTC
I to have a few things iam working on. Iam painting the AFV Club M88 and adding the accessories to the tank. Iam detailing the AFV Club M35A1 Quad 50 guntruck, And iam finishing up my favorite, the Guntruck conversion from Kirin. All I have left do to is spray it with a dull coat to keep the pastels from rubbing off and glue a few things down. Another project iam working on is kinde weird. Its a vechile that would fit in as a future kinda thing. A vechile that would be used if we were at war with everyone, everywhere kinda like Escape From La, and NY. Here it is, i took the Academy Hummer kit, and added in the back a mounted 50cal. machine gun with a Mk. 18 Grenade launcher. in the Front ring i put a
XM-134 Mini Gun, and that was painted a base coat of black the other day. Does any oen have any good color schemes i could you for this? It doesnt have to be black and a color i can always paint over it.

Mike
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2002 - 12:04 AM UTC
I'm still working on the 1/48 F-16, and I'm wanting to get a 1/144 scale F-15 done this week-end. All it needs is a paint job and polish the canopy, and that one will be out of the way.
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 01:41 AM UTC
Hi there
I'm waiting for a still warm day so i can get outside and spray paint my Academy Warrior in white.On the bench is a 1:48 testors/italeri AH64 Longbow apache
Regards
Peter
P s whats wrong with the no 666?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 02:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi there
I'm waiting for a still warm day so i can get outside and spray paint my Academy Warrior in white.On the bench is a 1:48 testors/italeri AH64 Longbow apache
Regards
Peter
P s whats wrong with the no 666?

Well Peter - without going into a deep religious discussion, the Number 666 in Catholic beliefs signifies the Mark of the Beast - the Devil. When the Antichrist appears on Earth, he or she (politically correct if you've watched The Omen IV) will bear this mark somewhere upon their body - in the shape of a clover. The Number corresponds to a name, in ancient tongue, as well, which is a signal and warning to those who believe to beware this individual.

Gunnie
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 06:44 AM UTC
I'm working on Halcyon's Alien Warrior, and gathering info for TAMIYA's HANOMAG sdkfz251/1 and German 8-ton semitrack with AA flak gun. I'll also be recieving a subchaser kit soon. I guess that's a bunch. :-)

YodaMan
Can't think of quote... anticipating Episode II trailer, 2 hours 13 minutes away...
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 07:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm working on Halcyon's Alien Warrior, and gathering info for TAMIYA's HANOMAG sdkfz251/1 and German 8-ton semitrack with AA flak gun. I'll also be recieving a subchaser kit soon. I guess that's a bunch. :-)

YodaMan
Can't think of quote... anticipating Episode II trailer, 2 hours 13 minutes away...

Funny - I've got a four hour wait ahead. More time to play with plastic...

Gunnie
Chappy_ju87
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 10:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

(was doing a "dual build" together with Chappy but his unfortunately "crashed")

Sorry dude.....We can try that again sometime, lets do a tank next time though....okay???
KMM
Visit this Community
entire network: 91 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 11:12 AM UTC
I'm putting the finishing touches on my Tamiya Pz III N, and I just made my first attempt at Zimmerit on an Academy Pz IVH - turning out pretty well so far. The PzIV is one of those ongoing projects that I work on whenever I feel like it - I'll have to pick out a new regular project here soon, and since I picked up about five kits at the recent Hobby Lobby clearance sale, its going to be a tough choice.
And the choices are:
Tamiya -
Wirblewind
PzIVD
Cromwell IV
Marder II
DML - Stug C/D
Chappy_ju87
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 11:21 AM UTC
KMM-
Just curious, what method are you using for zimmerit? I used some stuff called "Zimm-it-Rite".....great stuff and easy to use too
KMM
Visit this Community
entire network: 91 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 11:24 AM UTC
I'd like to try the zimm-it-rite but can't find it in my area yet - Its pretty new, should show up one of these days. For the time being, I'm using Testor's red putty - once you figure out how to work it, it's pretty good stuff. I've only done one side of the tank, one fender, and the front plate - but I'm pretty happy so far.
TJ
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 45 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 11:43 AM UTC
Working on an LVTR7. Have the crane and most fittings finished, just some minor stuff and paint left before AMPS.
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 330 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 08:24 PM UTC
Chappy,
Where do you get your zimmer-rite, local hobby shop or online?

Ron C.
Ashtabula, Oh
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 09:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Working on a Tamiya T-34/76 at the moment. Want to do a wintercamouflage on it by using the white pastel method. Also working on Tamiya's 1/48 F-15J (was doing a "dual build" together with Chappy but his unfortunately "crashed"). Almost done on Tamiya's 1/24 Jaguar Mk.II Saloon as a gift for my Dad. Next I will start a WWII vintage aircraft probably. Getting tired of jets
Don't know which one I will start : MPM or ICM's 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IX, Tamiya's Bf109-E3, Hasegawa's P-47D or Typhoon, Revell's P-47N, Acc.Min. A-36 Apache or P-51A, Hobbycraft's F4U-1D (all 1/48 of course). Suggestions anyone???

Hey Blue Falcon;
I did this model if you´d like to chat about it or if you have some questions, just let me know I´ll be glad if I could help you out!
Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP