_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Current projects?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 08:48 PM UTC
I have the most projects at the one time ongoing since I started modelling. Not a good idea. Im so pi*s*d off looking at some of them now I dont want to finsih them. Its definately the last time i will start so many at the same time. I need that feeling of getting something finished and the enjoyment of starting on something new!
At the moment.......
Tamiya- horch and flak, early M4, willys jeep, JS3, panzer II and Italeris panther ausf D.
I also started scratch-building a church ruins which I hope to have an article on someday. I have lost all enthusiaism for it at the moment!
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2002 - 02:03 AM UTC
I'm kind of like PlasticBattle with one too many projects going on at once. I currently have the old Tamiya Tiger I that needs painted and weathered, 2 Tamiya Panzer II Ausf Fs that need weathered, the AER T-38 that needs rivets added and then painted and weathered, a Tom Modelbau TK-3 tankette that is on hold until I can figure out how to scratchbuild a certain piece, the Encore wz.34 Polish armored car that is still early on in the building phase, and the Italeri M4A1 Sherman for the group build. Truthfully, all of the projects are on hold while I work on my Sherman and then I plan to tie up the loose ends before starting my next project which will probably be the Zvezda BT-5.
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2002 - 12:10 PM UTC
Just finished a MBZ truck with 2cm Flak in the bed and a scratched built trailer.

For a change of pace I'm trying an airplane (gasp!)
1:48 scale Spad 13 from DML. Lots of teeny parts and photoetch.

DaveMan
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 137 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2002 - 06:14 PM UTC
I have a few projects going myself. I am working on a IMCA dirt modified (A copy of my real racecar from two seasons ago) and a 1/72 Skyraider, along with a p-47 D, and a Dragonfly. I also just ordered a Bf 109 for the group build. I also have two kits that I was given as gifts, that need to be finished this year. I got a Bradley for my Birthday last spring, and the senders are coming up to visit for the holidays, so I need that one finished. Quickly too! (I haven't built armor before, so this is going to be an adventure!) and I was given a PT 109 recently, so I need to find a project for this kit. If anybody has any advice about building Tamiya's old M2A2 Bradley kit, let me know. I figure that it will be a smooth OOB build, with a little paint detailing, and a nice shelf model. If there are any pitfalls or warnings, I would like to hear about them before I jump in this week.

Dave
Urquhart
Visit this Community
Portugal
entire network: 6 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2002 - 08:05 PM UTC
I am building Tamiya 1/35 "Wespe" with resin interior from Verlinden and PE from Eduard. Next will be Dragon D-Day paras (82nd and 101), and a dio with Tamiya Kettenkraft (2 of them) a "pupchen", rairoad tracks, winter, a cliff, well...in the head it looks nice but, i´m afraid it will turn into a mess!
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 05:11 AM UTC
I have a Pz I from Tristar finished minus the tracks and weathering, have a Tamiya Tiger I with tank workshop partial interior, Aber full upgrade set, and Friul tracks been on the work bench for almost 3 months. I hope that I can at least finished the construction for the rear hull this month. I just finished my Tamiya 48th ME 109 to try out on aircraft. And today bought myself the aged 1/350 Tamiya Bismarck to try on the ships...so you can see a lof of projects going on here as well....

I hope once I got them finished, I can build the Stug III F/8...men too much kits!!!
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 02:54 AM UTC
I'm working on the Acadamy Early Tiger right now. It's almost finished..then...... I don't know if i want to build the Famo or the AFV Club SdKfz 11. I never enter my projects in contests or competitions...I just couldn't handle the rejection. I do a fairly decent job and my skills have improved over the years...but i'm not quite to the point where i want to publicly display my work. When I have to put my project down( because I'm frustrated and sick as heck of it) for a while...I build and paint figures...I have enough to keep me busy for a looooooooooooooooooong time and it keeps me happy!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 01:31 AM UTC
after a complete summer of working and no modeling I`m taking up the work on my
"Eisfrei" dio wich contains a Stug 40f a BMW motorbike and a big load of german soldiers in winterclothes
The stug got stuck on a complete devastated russian road the officers are talking what to do next and the footsoldiers are playing on the ice and are throwing snowballs at each other
The tank is almost finished only need to fix the tracks on it and a good paintjob the motor is also finished and most of the soldiers are finished too the only difficulty are the snowball throwing men because you can`t buy them so there is a big scratchbuilding involved too
I`ll try to post some pictures of the snowball throwing soldiers I already finished they look really good

mkctanker
Visit this Community
entire network: 36 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 02:31 AM UTC
I am currently working on the old Tamiya 8ton halftrack with the quad 20mm. I decided to go all out to detail this puppy by removing the gun base and putting down a new nonskid floor and using the Tamiya 37mm gun instead like the armored cab version. I bought the new armo barrel with the purferated flash shield and some madelkasten wheels and track to replace the old track thats not detailed on the in side. I'm also scratch building a trailor to be towed along behind. I don't have a large house so I am building this on a base that I can mount brackets to so it will mount right to the wall. The only other modifications I am considering is an armored windshield and plates in front of the radiator. It will have 4 figures mounted on it and appear to be on the move.

mkctanker
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 02:53 AM UTC
AND.....The DAGGER is working on an Italeri M-60 Blazer to be done in the NEW TEAM BRAVO colors, I hope to have it completed by the end of this month since I also have a New
TAMIYA Challenger-1 Mk-3 waiting to be built next.. The Blazer SHOULD be done by the end of this week, IF I can just get some straight building time to myself and not get sidetracked by other things. Then I should be able to.

DAGGER-1
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 02:43 PM UTC
I am putting the final touches on the DML PZ III Ausf.N. I am going to do the final color in the camo tomorrow.There is a nice picture(drawing) in Panzerkampfwagen III at War by Concord,which is my color guide.
Baycon is coming,and I want to enter a collection of Pz III's. Looks like about 11 to go to the show.i have to get the weathering up to the same level,and standardize some details. I got a 2nd last year for a Stug collection,so who knows this year.
I have this urge,to do a "what if ' next. I downloaded a YB49 jet wing for my FS 2002.It was in Air Force blue.Hmmm,the mind boggles......
clovis899
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 774 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2002 - 04:16 PM UTC
AFV Club M-10. With the full interior it feels like two builds going on at the same time, I know it is taking twice as long!

Coop
 _GOTOTOP