TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
has anyone played the new CALL OF DUTY game
USMarine
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
entire network: 475 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 06:15 PM UTC
Hey

has anyone played the new call of duty game on PS2

1.Is it any good
2.is it like cally of duty finest hour at all
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 11:19 PM UTC
I am playing COD 2 on PC if that counts. Pretty much like the first one. Good game.

Shaun
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 289 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 07:34 AM UTC
I play Call of Duty 2 on the pc. Here's my thoughts on it.

As soon as you play it you'll see the differances in graphics. Its stunning on the pc. Hit a wall with a round and it will blow off large chunks based on the weapon type, then it will smoke.... soooo pretty! Throw a grenade in the air, let it explode in the air and you'll see a plethra of frags and debrie that a frag grenade does when it explodes, when it hits the ground, you'll see bodies fly in the air, never seems to be the same way along with so much dirt and dust that its just something that you'll wanna see over and over again.... sooo dam hot!

Every now and then you'll see a cut scene that seams itself right into the game, ie. a guy will run by ya, go to kick in a door that you need to go through and all of a sudden you'll see the man lift off the ground flayling in the air all the while heavy machine gun rounds are blowing through the door that he was trying to kick in. Smoke trails, blood, heavy drama, really cool stuff.... soooo soooo erotic!

I found that more things are interactive, meaning you can shoot up rooms, bottles of wine etc. I think they really did a nice job with the sounds of weapons and surrounding noises.

There's an over all sensation of being a part of a larger picture in this game. Large crowds of men will charge screaming, they'll cover you while you reload etc. But then all of a sudden you're going to find yourself alone. Hmmm.... hello guys, guys? Guys!!!!

Another thing I found was cool is even though it is linear, there's still ways that you can flank instead of that old hide behind a barrel and shoot it out stuff. Let the a/i do that, you go looking for away to get around the issue and get those bastards from behind.

I'm nearly 46 and this is a long way from Pong, Ms Pac Man and Donkey Kong. I love it and I give it two thumbs up. If you want to add some stress in your life and say Woe! That was cool! Get this game and be all that you can be.
Marty
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 08:05 AM UTC
I too have been playing the PC version of COD2. I am done with the single-player campaign so now I am raising hell in on-line skirmishes. I agree with EasyOff…graphics are really good. They truly set the mood. I love the smoke grenades. What an effect! The physics of the game are right on as well. But is it just me or do the towns look very much like they did in the original COD? I don’t mean the visuals. I mean the general layout and the buildings. Perhaps I am experiencing déjà vu (or maybe it’s the drugs).
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 04:04 AM UTC
Haven't picked it up yet but am looking forward to getting it. I have COD1 and loved it, the single player campaign was a blast and the multiplayer was a real hoot. We should get together an Armorama game one night, have some fun and shoot each other up (COD1 or 2 when we all have it). Still have to get United Offensive add-on for the first one, it's hard to find around here for some reason.

Here's another recommendation, Sniper Elite. It's a BLAST of a game! It's a WWII sniper game, plays in 3rd person perspective until you go to the scope. At first I wasn't too keen on the idea of playing in 3rd person but it really does work well and gives you better situational awareness, especially since you're skulking around a lot hiding as a sniper. Very fun and challenging, for $30 it's a sleeper hit I think.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 04:16 AM UTC
Maurice,

I bought COD 2 two weeks ago at Walmart. Yours should have it too.

HTH,

Shaun

PS. I'm up for a multiplayer game.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2005 - 04:27 AM UTC
Oh yea, COD2 is around here no problem it's COD United Offensive add-on I'm having a hard time finding. I'd still like to play that one to finish out the COD 1 experience.

What other games does everyone have? We should get a list going of what people like to play and maybe do some round robin playing, pick and choose a new game each week or each month and meet up and play.

EasyOff
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 11:36 AM UTC
Yes Marty, online some of the maps ARE the same old maps, but they've completely reworked them. New entrances, more burning stuff, more cubby holes... Oh man, I have cramps in my hand from a couple hours of online play.

Its all good. Dude, I shot at the a/i in single player game, and the guy started tap dancing because I was shooting the ground near his feet. I laughed so hard. I've NEVER seen a/i do that.

Its a blast!
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 06:55 PM UTC
Played COD2 for PS2. Completed it in 3 nights. Better graphics that the earlier version. I was disappointed over not have the Russian or Brits as a change of pace. The Liberator section was pretty cool.
As was the fighting in the Stuarts.

EasyOff
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 25, 2005 - 02:03 AM UTC
I have yet ever played a PS2 or Xbox. I wish I knew someone that had one close by, I'd like to see how the game plays on a big screen tv sitting across a room and not a foot from your face like a pc.
USMarine
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 01:23 PM UTC
whats the Liberator section is that the planes
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 04:44 PM UTC
I generally find the console versions superior to the PC versions. I have both the XB and the PS2. Playing them on the large screen is way better. Graphics-wise I find the consoles smoother play. Online, everyone is equal in hardware so there is no advantage for someone who owns the latest graphics card.
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 02:37 AM UTC
Was there a liberator section in the pc version of COD2? I can't remember it.
USMarine
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 12:01 PM UTC
If anyone is looking for the PC call of duty games and expansions packs there are a few at this web site www.trademe.co.nz but im not sure if other countrys can buy.but you could still give it a shot.
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 03, 2005 - 03:52 PM UTC
The PS 2 version has one section were you fight at multiple locations on a B-24 Liberator, including bombardier. Never played it on the PC so there must be different versions based on the operating system.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 03:58 AM UTC
Just played COD2 on XBox360. It's very smooth and the graphics areee outstanding. It took a little getting used to the controls as the XB360 has some new buttons not on the previous controller
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 09:57 AM UTC
Picked up COD2 this weekend for PC, about halfway through the British missions and I'm really enjoying it so far. We'll have to plan a night of Armorama COD fun, a COD2 Internet LAN party Armorama style.
USMarine
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 01:24 PM UTC
im gona be getting mine after xmas for PS2
EasyOff
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2005 - 12:04 AM UTC
Oooh armorama party sounds fun! I wish that you could play the missions via lan or internet and see how long you could last

DUCK AND COVER!!!
Marty
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2005 - 01:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oooh armorama party sounds fun!

I second that.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2005 - 02:26 AM UTC
Cool, we should play a little this week. If I can only tear myself away from the SP campaigns, lol.
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 12:47 AM UTC
i want it for the PC--COD2 that is, but I am worried my system is not up to snuff. What kind of video cards and specs are you guys using/running?

Sean
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 01:41 AM UTC
No kidding, I played it on the XBOX 360 and it is AMAZING!! I seriously think it is the BEST FIRST PERSON SHOOTER AND WWII GAME EVER Graphics wise, it is second to none, gameplay is intense and never slows down, and is the most fun I've ever had in a game.

I highly recommend the tank levels!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 05:08 AM UTC
I don't know which version I played the other night. My 12 year old nephew has an x-box and he plugged it in and sort of showed me how to play it. I had too much fun just shooting up the bad guys at Normandy. Got a chance to bond with nephew a little more (still can't get him into model-building) and was able to talk history and teach him about weapon systems.
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2005 - 03:55 AM UTC
So whos up for a COD2 game?