Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Jom BORAK!!!
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 03:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

....The 'record' might probably be broken in the next two years if I buy Academy's 1/32 F-16C and F/A-18D

on the subject of 1/32 modern fIghter kits, don't forget the trumpeter flanker B.... a nice one i think, and a lot bigger than the -16 and -18...

... hmm if i want to get a large-scale aircraft.. my choice will be trumpy's 1/35 Mi-24 Hind... saw some pics on the net sometime ago..waa.. good one la...
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 03:40 PM UTC
hey .. speaking of insanely expensive kits... check out this ww2 1/35 soviet gunboat, a resin kit from MiG:

selling at a fair price of only RM1800+++....

if anyone's interested Hobbyeasy have them here ..

siapa ada berani ka? :-)
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 04:00 PM UTC
Oh Man! That's a real beauty Mojimbo. But the price its a beauty too. 1/35, must be super packed with details. Its times like this that I really feel poor. Mesti mimpi malam ini about this lovely tub, no thanks to Mojimbo.

Don't suppose you're thinking about buying it are Mojimbo? Me I'm still a cheapo that's why I'm still stuck with DML figures. No PE, an odd AFV once in a while which I still haven't made any since I got back to modelling last year. But after my first resin, the Viking set its so hard to go back to plastic. The Viking set is still the most expensive model I've had (USD 24 before postage).

Ah well I'll just have to put the boat on my "To do list if I had a Million Ringgit". Susahlah Mojimbo, why did you have to show that beautiful boat. I'll be thinking about it the whole day including toilet time.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 04:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Don't suppose you're thinking about buying it are Mojimbo?

... YES actually....

Quoted Text

...I'll be thinking about it the whole day including toilet time.

ughh.. that is sooo grossss.. ha ha :-) :-)

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 04:26 PM UTC
You are a very, very cruel man, Mojimbo. You and Jimbrae (for announcing the Gen 3 Fallschirmjager) have made this a very sad day for me. Makes one just want to stay in the toilet the whole day and not do work. Where is the justice, life betul betul tak adil.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 04:36 PM UTC
guys...guys

kesian la i tengok u..haha

that MIG sub was released sometime ago la...when i look at the website...i also feel so miskin la..........

that would be in my wish list if i become a miliionaire... besides others stuff

so who among us that are insane enough to buy the sub??

anyway, juts to let u know, i just got my optivisor...7x power..just invest for my figures painting...and i can say it really make ur figures painting really fun....

moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 04:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

.... i just got my optivisor...7x power..just invest for my figures painting...and i can say it really make ur figures painting really fun....

... oooo... that optivisor is a cool must-have thing... how much and where did you buy it ?

hey.. another fun-fun question: besides from painting models, what are other uses for an optivisor? no dirty jokes aaa....

btw, the MiG thingy is not a submarine, but a gunboat laa...
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 05:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hey .. speaking of insanely expensive kits... check out this ww2 1/35 soviet gunboat, a resin kit from MiG:

selling at a fair price of only RM1800+++....

if anyone's interested Hobbyeasy have them here ..

siapa ada berani ka? :-)

When it was released earlier this year, I was thinking of leaving my government job for a higher pay job to get the ship. In reality that was not easy.

Anyway, if wife sees me getting this Bronekater, she will break my bones, and she will probably become my Bone-eater ! Limited edition of the human-kind.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 05:16 PM UTC
Boss in case you miss the note I wrote in Jimbrae's Gen 3 thread, Thanks for the info on Hobby888. I checked out their website and although the DML figs are cheaper than Hobbyeasy tapi postage mahal. Currently I get Patrick's help for finding my figs. He doesn't normally bring in the DML figs so I guess he just layan me. Bought quite a number of boxes from him todate.

Mojimbo you are still a very cruel man. I just had to torture myself and clicked on your link to Hobbyeasy. Sakit just looking at the fantastic detail, some 1000 rivets, detailed pilot house, barrels, etc. Like this I kena balik awal hari ini, stress man. WHERE IS MY 88!
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 05:35 PM UTC
Hi,

If i am a millionaire (in USD , mind you), i would buy the real thing and fit it with the 88 fore and aft, then can meronda-ronda the Straits of Malacca and cause havoc in the shipping lanes..kakakakak (diabolical laugh )

1st 1/700 ship :Tamiya's Yahagi

sllim
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 05:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

....Anyway, if wife sees me getting this Bronekater, she will break my bones, and she will probably become my Bone-eater .....

:-) hey why did they call it bronkeater anyway? doesn't sound russian la... a bit sounded like german to me...
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 06:00 PM UTC
Jimbo...

i got that optivisor at ebay..i was so lucky when others listed it as more than USD 40..i got it for 24.99

other usage i think in electronics la...yg lain nanti aku fikirkan...

btw, i think mig also ade submarine kan??

CK, no problemo..so what did u get from patrick??

i just spare my money now for the gen 2 figs...have to wait for hobby888 to bring them in

have u guys have any resin figs??

Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 06:16 PM UTC
err....continue from the other thread

how many of u have dremel?? or something similar??

i have the one bought at pudu road....
before that i have the B&D RTX ..but sold it at low yatt.net forum... got a good bargain

but now i always dreming of having dremel by my side....;last time (last yr) i think MH ade stock dremel and they sold it for Rm120 plus...(if not mistaken la)..
masa ni i just bought my B&D rtx..so i sold it and then MH dah takde jual Dremel... so bengang

anyway, in malaysia, u can get dremel at farnell.com.my but at tripple the price...
and a DIY shop in Jaya Sec 14 PJ (beachbum's fav spot) do have the multipro with 15 acesories at Rm599..

and i saw once at a very old hardware store in butterworth sold at rm450 (old model, kotak pon kemek, berhabuk).......

so now (since last week) i'm doing the recce business at ebay.uk ..
last time before raya i lost to a got bargain..dremel multipro with 45 accesories sold for UK 32 with shipping cost UK 11
my last bid was UK 29 and i missed the mid night bidding.....

hampeh............

now who's going back from UK?? I wonder if Ikoky read this
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 08:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Aku ada Dremel, called a mini-mite, jenis cordless that i bought from Canada years ago . I used it more for my RC helis n planes n cars. But i had used to thin the plastic in models to simulate damage..Really effective!

sllim
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 08:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Aku ada Dremel, called a mini-mite, jenis cordless that i bought from Canada years ago . I used it more for my RC helis n planes n cars. But i had used to thin the plastic in models to simulate damage..Really effective!

sllim

and u must be happy then
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 08:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Aku ada Dremel, called a mini-mite....Really effective!

lim... can borrow aaa? need to drill some holes for my zsu-23 barrel la........... or maybe i pay you to do it .. errr..... errr... errr...
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 08:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

lim... can borrow aaa? need to drill some holes for my zsu-23 barrel la........... or maybe i pay you to do it .. errr..... errr... errr...

Jimbo, why would use a Dremel on a plastic barrel? The drill bit will drill through the side walls of the barrel and probably your finger (happened to me many times).

Well, if you need to use an electric drill, I have one unit I can loan you during the Dec SnT. However, I still suggest that you drill the barrels manually.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 08:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jimbo, why would use a Dremel on a plastic barrel? The drill bit will drill through the side walls of the barrel and probably your finger (happened to me many times).

Well, if you need to use an electric drill, I have one unit I can loan you during the Dec SnT. However, I still suggest that you drill the barrels manually.

ah yes... i completely forgot, we talked about that in our last s&t.... but so far no luck in finding that manual drill la.... but it's ok, no rush in finishing that zsu23...
Target_J
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 145 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 09:39 PM UTC
Speaking of drilling, my 2 finest drill bits just snapped a couple of weeks ago. It's almost impossible to get work done without them once you have tried them out.

Jimbo, why dont you just bring along the barrels the next time we meet up. It takes a very short time and i'll have no porblem getting them drilled.
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 09:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hello Jimbo

Sorry, the tiniest drill bit i have for the dremel is sebesar 4 mm..can drill sabot holes in your tank lar..
:-) . But i do have the sanding drum which i use to thin the plastic.

I drill out the gun barrels using hobby knife (x-acto blade). No problem
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 09:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jimbo, why dont you just bring along the barrels the next time we meet up. It takes a very short time and i'll have no porblem getting them drilled.

ok.. i'll bring them over (4 barrels!) the next time we meet. ...
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 09:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry, the tiniest drill bit i have for the dremel is sebesar 4 mm..can drill sabot holes in your tank lar..
But i do have the sanding drum which i use to thin the plastic. I drill out the gun barrels using hobby knife (x-acto blade). No problem

mmm.. ok... i might try the x-acto trick on the barrell anyway ... thanks lim

Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 10:35 PM UTC
X-Acto trick does not give you the depth. I usually use a drill bit of 0.2mm - 0.5mm then follow by a X-Acto to flare the opening.

If anyone is interested in getting fine bits do let know. It usually comes in a set, custom packed. I will find out the price if anyone is interested.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 01:05 PM UTC
Mojimbo I'm with Argrillion on drilling barrels manually. No matter how good you are with an electric drill, the electric drill vibrates making a hole bigger than the drill bit. Of course, I'm sure Dremel and other costly drills have a low vibration capability still you get better control manually.

I just made a trip last Sunday with my Dad to Pasar Road, Pudu the home of all things electrical. Bought myself a few 0.3mm, 0.5mm and 0.8 mm. drill bits. Much cheaper (at least 50 % cheaper) than Section 14, Jaya supermarkets DIY. Managed to even drill out the gun sight that sits on a MP 40 barrel. Now thats really small even under the 5x magnifying glass. Lovely but crazy as usual. I place the drill bits on a hand held vise in case you're wondering.
Target_J
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 145 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 01:47 PM UTC
CK, where is the shop you mentioned? Do you have the address. I definitely need to get them asap. Luckily i havent purchased them from the Jaya shop yet.

Do they also have the coloured electrical wires sutiable for wiring up parts?

A rough idea on the cost of the bits?

If i am really lucky, i might as my girlfriend to help me get them when she's around there.

I try to stay away from central KL as much as possible...especially the Pudu area.