TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Give me your "Lost" Theories
ellevehc86
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 162 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2005 - 01:59 AM UTC
I'd like to hear some of the theories on what going on, on the show "Lost".
Everyday I hear different ideas on it at work, on the radio, etc. But I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Jay
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2005 - 02:46 AM UTC
You know what LOST stands for don't you? Land of Strange Theories.

Shaun
DD-393
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 97 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2005 - 11:44 AM UTC
Since you asked, and since my daughter, wife and I are all big fans, using the theory of three half-wits will make a whole wit, here's our combined effort.

Theory 1:
They were all killed in the plane crash and are being offered redemption and a second chance at life if they perform well. Remember that each main character has the "fatal flaw." Now, what they have to perform is another question...

Theory 2:
The "thing" that lives on the island pulled their plane off course because they had "special" people on board. Note that Walt was captured by the "thing's" mysterious minions; "The Others." Eek.

Theory 3:
Someone on the plane won a free getaway package to the resort island of their dreams.

Theory 4:
Note the huge computer from twenty years ago (with all the computing power of a digital watch) filling up the whole room in the last episode. It's a Bill Gates secret plot to take over the world.

Theory 5:
They were going to fantasy island, but Tattoo got a snootful and couldn't find Mr. Roarke to shout "De plane! De plane!"

Charlie
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2005 - 11:44 AM UTC
although not an avid watcher of the program, I thought the plot vaguely reminded me of an episode of the Twilight Zone. The castaways are all really dead and this is some sort of purgurtory they must make amends for past sins. Those who disappear either went to heaven or hell based on their time LOST....

I dont know - just a theory...its all relative...
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2005 - 11:38 PM UTC
I am going with the "evil military industrial complex" thing. The island was (is) some kind of defense contractor's lab/test center. "Dharma," the logo that was all over the stuff down in the hatch is Hindu for "protector." The logo was even on the shark...

Shaun

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 08:04 AM UTC
I kinda like the already dead theory. Figure the show to last one more season after this and then it will become redundant. That and all the "spooky" crop of show that showed up like Surface, Invasion, and remake of Kolchak the Night Stalker. It always does this, one breakaway hit and either in January or the next fall you get buried in copycats
kursk
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 214 Posts
KitMaker Network: 110 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 10:20 PM UTC
its a holdeck program off the enterprise for officer cadets
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 - 11:26 PM UTC
I think the writers/producers already said the survivors were not dead. They said everything has a logical explantion...
Polar bear, logical? I ain't buyin' it.

New episode tonight...

4 8 15 16 23 42

I wonder how many people are actually playing those numbers in the lottery?

Shaun
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2005 - 04:57 AM UTC
only on ser1 episope 9 here just were they find Charlie after he had been hung, who knows might be a bizarre reality TV programe and they have all been set up
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 07, 2005 - 08:16 AM UTC
All I can say is it seems to be a load of Charlie Romeo Alpha Papa Couldn't really comment as I, obviously, have't watch very much of it.
Mal
armorguy
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 269 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 04:45 AM UTC
Alright, I do feel compelled to give me thoughts thus far.

I think that it is some kind of huge research facility. If you will recall from the movie that was shown in last week's episode, the guy said that it was set up for biological, psychological, etc. experiments. I think he's probably not lying.

I think if they stop typing in the numbers, nothing will happen. It will probably say, "Thanks for playing.", "Goodbye.", "Have a nice day." or it may just laugh at them. That's all an experiment to see what lengths people will go to just because somebody tells them to.

I have no idea how all the numbers are connected with the big guy though.

The polar bear and shark...all parts of some kind of biological experiments.

As for the other folks whose raft got all torn up and now they're back on "the island". We don't even know that that's the same island. It may be a different island with a different station...Maybe Goose instead of Swan or something.

I have NO idea why Jin or whatever his name is starts speaking perfect English in this coming episode. He may be one of the researchers or some such thing. Or he may have just been hiding his ability the whole time to be able to keep to himself easier.

I must tell you that the second season has me very intrigued so far...much more than last season.

Stay tuned!

Oh, and it's not a load of Charlie Romeo Alpha Papa, it's just a fun show. So, sit back, relax and have fun with it.