_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Money is no object
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 10:08 AM UTC
I would like to someday build a scene i've had in my mind for a while, It would be called

Defending the Bridge,

It would consist of a river with a Iron girder type bridge 2 lane spanning it with town buildings on either side, one side would be allies mostly dug in infantry with some anti-tank guns, maybe some half-tracks and armored cars and trucks with maybe 1 or 2 tanks hiding in buildings... defending the bridge, with an german armored spearhead attemting to cross the bridge with german tanks arty and halftracks and armored cars and infantry assulting the allies. with a couple of blown up german tanks on the bridge.

some day I will build this maybe when I retire.

Delbert
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 10:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Given that size was irrelevant, money was no problem and you had all the spare time in the world, what you try to create that would be your own masterpiece? The one dio that when completed you could sit back, let your paint dry up and never feel the urge to buy another kit.

Hehehe! It's gonna be... [Top Secret - I'm serious, Top Secret]! Hmm, if money AND time AND space were not problems, perhaps a 1/72 scale of Omaha beach head. :-) If you think that's crazy, I remember as a kid dreaming up a 1/35 scale of a WW2 US amphibious landing - complete with CVs, LSTs, etc.!
Aitch
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2002 - 10:58 AM UTC
Interesting, most peeps want to do dioramas...
When I looked at the first post I thought - Money no object, size no object... And thought of a 1/6th scale perfect one off T-34/85 as a static display on a plinth
Am I strange or is everyone else..?
 _GOTOTOP