Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Blogging
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 2,029 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 09:10 PM UTC
Ok, just something I wanted to know

Who uses a weblog (blog) and for what?

I never heard of it until my daughter started telling me about her blog (first I thougt that she was taking about a illnes )

Tsjeee I am feeling old at 35
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 09:34 PM UTC
hi Ronny,
we can tell a weblog is a place(website) that many people share many things. Similarly; I learned what it is from my 16 years old son.
to explain it better; i copied and pasted what it is in Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

A weblog, web log or simply a blog, is a web application which contains periodic time-stamped posts on a common webpage. These posts are often but not necessarily in reverse chronological order. Such a website would typically be accessible to any Internet user. "Weblog" is a portmanteau of "web" and "log". The term "blog" came into common use as a way of avoiding confusion with the term server log.
Blogs run from individual diaries to arms of political campaigns, media programs and corporations, and from the writing of one occasional author to the collaboration of a large community of writers. Many weblogs enable visitors to leave public comments, which can lead to a community of readers centered around the blog; others are non-interactive. The totality of weblogs or blog-related websites is usually called the blogosphere. When a large amount of activity, information and opinion erupts around a particular subject or controversy in the blogosphere, it is commonly called a blogstorm or blog swarm.
The format of weblogs varies, from simple bullet lists of hyperlinks, to article summaries with user-provided comments and ratings. Individual weblog entries are almost always date and time-stamped, with the newest post at the top of the page. Because links are so important to weblogs, most blogs have a way of archiving older entries and generating a static address for individual entries; this static link is referred to as a permalink. The latest headlines, with hyperlinks and summaries, are offered in weblogs in the RSS or Atom XML format, to be read with a feed reader. Using RSS,content ranges from news and personal diaries, to political campaigns, media programs and corporations which are posted on a common web page in periodic, reverse chronological order.
A weblog is edited, organized and published often through a content management system or CMS.

Best regards
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
entire network: 2,029 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 11:10 PM UTC

Again, I feel old at 35
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 11:20 AM UTC
Ronney..... for me, and my senile mind, the easiet way to discribe it would be those little CAMPAIGN JOURNAL entries we make during a campaign........ (the ones I usually forget to do)..... :-) :-) :-)
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 12:46 PM UTC
Weblog in its simplest form is basically a journal or a diary.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 02:03 PM UTC
Never heard of them....

blogs.armorama.com/scale-modeling-blogs

#:-)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 12:46 AM UTC
I have blogging off and for about three years over at Blogspot. Usually some sort of "pithy" comments about current events. I think I have a total of four regular readers... :-)

Shaun