_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Wher is the best place to buy Vallejo paints?
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 09:01 PM UTC
Can someone tell me what the best place is on the Net to purchase Vallejo paints? I have seen some sites like WarWEb and Michigan Toy Soldier Co. advertise it but I just don't know how reliable they all are. I am surprised that Squadron doesn't carry them.

Thanks
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 09:23 PM UTC
Try greatmodel I like their service, mission model might carry them and they suppport our site. there also was another company that joined the rolls lately Staff-Jim could tell you. any of the above have good reps

JoshWeingarten
aKA shiryon
BobTavis
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 09:37 PM UTC
Michigan Toy Soldier company is very good and I have bought quite a few things from them.

R&K is the importer of Vallejo and I believe the main distributor of the stuff in the US:

http://www.r-kproductions.com/vallejo_model_colors.php
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2002 - 12:30 AM UTC
Hi Marty ...........I buy my Vallejo paints from Mission Models
in California. They have the 16 color Vallejo Paint Packs for $37.99
I live in Conneticut and I ordered my paint packs on a Monday and
received them on Thursday of the same week .........from California !!!!!!!!!!
HERE"S THEIR WEBSITE:
http://www.missionmodels.com/index2.htm

- ralph
Marty
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2002 - 03:05 AM UTC
Thanks guys,

I ended up going with WarWeb. They are located in Ohio and seeing that I am in Mass, I should have the package in a couple of days. Of course since today is Friday it will probably take couple extra days. I can't wait to try them out. Now, if I could only get a good how-to Vallejo painting guide....Hmm...

Thanks
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2002 - 11:28 AM UTC
Marty, I've been very happy with www.milminwh.com and have dealt with Neal from www.sentinelminiatures.com many times at shows. Both are excellent. BTW, where are you in Massachusetts? I'm in the Soringfield area and grew up in the Southbridge/Worcester area. Are you planing to attend Patcon on the 22nd in Lowell?
Marty
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2002 - 12:34 PM UTC
Al, I live on South Shore. It is too bad I didn't know about the show in Lowell sooner as I probably would have made plans to go. The weekend of the show happens to be my paintball weekend (probably last one this year). I will, however be going to the show in Barnstable on the 29th and then in South Attleboro on November 3rd.

Thanks
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 03:11 AM UTC
Marty,
We'll have to hook up at Baycon. For your "to do list". 13 October, Milford CT IPMS Stratford, 20 October Nashua NH, Granitecon, and closing the season, 10 November, (shameless self promotion) Wings & Wheels Out of Box Contest at New England Air Museum This is the best deal going...$1 enters a model into our unique Out of Box Only contest around here and gets you into the museum for the day. Such a deal!
Marty
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 06:36 AM UTC
Al,
Yes we should hook up at Baycon. The show at the New England Air Museum sounds really good. I have never been to this museum so it will be an interesting trip.

Thanks
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 06:43 AM UTC
Not about Valleo paints, but New England shows..

I'll be at Nashua on the 20th as well. Anyone else going?
I'm from central VT, but some of us from the local club drive down to Nashua for that club too.

I'll be the tall (6'4" ) guy with the glasses..

See ya there.
Mike
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 08:05 PM UTC
Actually I am quite lucky on these as my one hobby stores carries the line. (:-)
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 11:57 PM UTC
I know at least half a dozen model stores in the neighborhood that carry them. Generally, they are priced equally, but it often pays to check prices. I know which shops are cheaper for paint, for models, for scratchbuilding material...
Some hobby shops give a reduction to frequent customers. Make sure you get a loyalty card.
For Vallejo's paint, don't just look at modeling shops : other hobby shops and artist's shops often carry their stuff, too. Most wargamers' shops (you know : with lord of the Rings stuff, and all kinds of dungeons and dragons and sci-fi thingies) carry them too !
Jan

I dislike the internet for buying stuff : mostly those companies are not based in Belgium, so I pay fortunes on shipping cost. I only buy stuff on the net that can NOT be found in local shops.
tede911
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 39 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 10:08 AM UTC
Re: Vallejo Paints -- I ordered mine through NewWave.com BEFORE I read all the negative feedback they have gotten from others who have ordered from them in the past. I DID have to wait a month for delivery BUT, I got everything I ordered less a detail paint brush set that has been back-ordered. Now I can FINALLY start those Jarheads that have been waiting for paint for a month!!!!

Re: Vallejo Paints and Massachusetts -- I am in Cambridge. The Hobby Bunker in Malden carries the Vallejo Paint line. $2.75 per bottle. I saved a few cents by ordering online. Though, now that I have gotten myself started, I will probbably stop by the Hobby Bunker to replace/replentish my supply of Vallejo. If I could just get The Spare Time Shop in Marlboro to carry the line.....

Re: Massachusetts Shows Upcoming -- I will be going to Patcon next weekend and the Cape Cod show the following weekend. Nothing to enter yet as I am just easing myself back into the hobby after a hiatus of several years. But next Spring...... LOL #:-)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 11:15 AM UTC
To those going to Patcon and Granitecon. keep an eye out for a guy with a bug handlebar moustache. That's your humble servant amd correspondent.. Let's get together to say hello.
Marty
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 08:46 PM UTC
Ted,

Thanks for the info regarding Hobby Bunker carrying Vallejo paints. You have no idea how happy that makes me. I don't particularly enjoy buying models and supplies over the Internet. I totally enjoy the whole experience of going to a hobby shop. Hey, now I won't have to wait a week to get my paints.
 _GOTOTOP