Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
NFL Playoffs
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 02:28 AM UTC
Have any thoughts on the NFL games this weekend? Post them here.

I only have one...

Shaun
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 02:48 AM UTC
I've watched Peyton Manning disable teams before they even knew what hit them. I cann't believe they were actually beaten by anyone during the regular season.

I think I would like to see either the Colts or the Steelers with rookie Ben Roth(somethingorother)

1) Peyton Manning had a phenomenal year and this would just cap it
2) Ben is a rookie and I think he has done great coming in as a backup.
3) Tony Dungy, being a minority coach, would set a milestone
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 576 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 03:21 AM UTC
I am not sure if anyone can stop Indianapolis right now, although Pittsburgh obviously would have the best chance. They do have that old advantage of having to win one less game to get to the big dance, but Indy shows no signs of being worn out.

Also, not to discount New England, but I really hope some new blood gets there this year. The Jets, well, lets just say, I don't think they will surprise anybody!

In the NFC, mediocrity seems to rule right now, with Philly having the strongest chance, but they seem to choke in the big game. Fisher did something smart this year though, much to the dismay of the critics, by resting everyone in the last two meaningless games. Yeah, they rolled over and it has drawn the ire of some. Question is what would you do? He said he has gone into the playoffs the last 2 years banged up and wanted to change that this year.

Still, up in the air in the NFC this year.

Predictions:

Rams over the Falcons in an upset, but is it really?

Philly dismantles the Vikes

Philly takes care of the Rams in bitter cold temps in Philly to finally get to the Superbowl. (No, I hate Philadelphia, just think it will happen this year)

AFC:

Indy over New England in a high scoring affair. The Colts defense hasn't really shined this year. They are fortunate enough to be able to just outscore their opponents.

Pittsburgh roughs up the Jets.

Indy vs. Pittsburgh. That is a tough one to call. If it is low scoring, it obviously will favor Pittsburgh, but if it becomes a shootout, Indy all the way!

Too close to call, but I will take Indy.

Of course, I will probably be playing Monday morning Quarterback with these picks, but...
Hiram_Sedai
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 201 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 03:30 AM UTC
I bleed Eagles Green, so take this with a grain of salt.

I won't make any predictions because I want my Eagles to win it all. St. Donavan will do wonders, I hope.

Go Eagles!!

m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 04:12 AM UTC
Falcons and Jets...OK I can dream!
Actually, the Falcons can go primarily because defensive coordinators don't know what to do with the LBs against a QB like Vick. The Philly-Viking game will be interesting because both McNabb and Culpepper are the same type of QB; can throw and can run.
Got an idea that the turf is going to ground Indy, and in reality the Steelers are going to smash the Jets into oblivion.
Hiram_Sedai
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 05:18 AM UTC
I confess, since I live in Newnan, GA that I would like to see the Falcons win tomorrow night vs the Rams. That way the Eagles can wipe out the falcons next week. I still have bad memories of NFC Championship games vs the Rams. They cheated!!

Frag
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 437 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 06:26 AM UTC
Go Vikings!

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 06:49 AM UTC
Mike,

If anyone in the NFC is going to beat the Eagles they better do it this weekend. They haven't played a game with their starters for five weeks. I think they will be pretty rusty. Vikings have a shot, I think.

Shaun
Oh, I think Moss got fined $10,000...
:-) :-)

And is it just me or does this guy look more like someone with a pair of drawers our their head than a viking???
Frag
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 437 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 06:55 AM UTC
Shaun,

His fine was $10,000. This picture started circulating around the 'net before they even announced the fine.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 07:52 AM UTC
I'm not biased at all after watching Indy and Manning demolish my beloved Broncos, but I'm not sure he's going to do it again in NE. They just seem to have some kind of jinx up in Foxboro. It could be very close, but I don't see another blow out.

Steelers/Jets could be interesting, but I doubt the Jets will do what they did to San Diego.

Basically I'm going strictly with the home team. I understand they've won about 85% of the time at this stage of the playoffs, the week after the wild card. Next week all bets are off, it depends on the match ups.

Back to the Broncos. A columnist on www.nfl.com called the Tuesday Morning Quarterback says that if Denver plays Indy next year they should get 5 downs, that Indy can only have 10 players on the field, and that Manning will be forced to tap his head and pat his belly at the same time while taking the snap.

PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 01:57 AM UTC
My only call on this is.......Jets 13....Steelers 10.......mwhahahahaha....and Im a Giants fan..we got Lily..Peytons younger sister...phwppp!
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 02:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My only call on this is.......Jets 13....Steelers 10.......mwhahahahaha....and Im a Giants fan..we got Lily..Peytons younger sister...phwppp!

:-) :-)

Another stat to throw out there. In this round (divisional) since it's inception, the home team has won 80% of the games.

PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 10:31 AM UTC
I can always hope...Also Steelers are undefeated when scoring first at home. Waaaaa!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 11:05 AM UTC
#:-) #:-) I'm not a very big football fan.....
OK.... throw stones now...... :-) :-) :-)
But I am amazed that the JETS are still there......
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 11:52 AM UTC
Go Jets!! :-)

I have a good friend who is a die hard Steelers fan. With me being a Cowboys fan, he has given me crap in the past when the boys lose, so I am so very happy to return the favor!! Hope it holds up 17-10 jets!!

Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 04:39 PM UTC
Well so much for the Rams. Now I'll just sit back and wait for the Eagles or Vikes. Personally I hope it's the Eagles for two reasons...one, if the Falcons reach the Super Bowl I'd like to say they did it by beating the best in the NFC, two, I think the Eagles can be had, especially without "T.O"
As far as the AFC goes I hope Indy can beat the Patriots tomorrow, then go on to beat Pittsburg next week.

Cheers guys,
Mike
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 09:31 AM UTC
Hahaha, that Jets game was funny. They should've won. The snow they are getting as I write this proves how costly two hooked field goals can be. They could be playing in a dome right now, but noooo, they had to up and lose! Go Colts!

Jeff
Hiram_Sedai
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 09:34 AM UTC
"Fly, Eagles fly..on the road to victory..."

Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 12:57 PM UTC
Colts? Colts, who? He, he, he...I am sorry but I just can't help it.

GO PATS!!
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,500 Posts
KitMaker Network: 154 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 12:59 PM UTC
Keenan,

I think Manning should have been pointing at himself.
Your defense got to Brady three times, but you can't stop the Pats defense!!!!! Bruschi rules!!!!! Wasn't that a beautiful take away!!!!????!!!!

The Yahoo scoreboard shows Edgerrin James as the Colts top performer 14 carries for 39 yards and 69 Yards on 7 receptions. Pathetic!!!!!!!

Corey Dillon 23 carries for 144 yds plus another 17 on 5 receptions!!!!! Thats how you win. Eat the clock and move the ball forward.

The game I'm worried about is next week. I think they can beat Pittsburg, even on the road, but its gonna be close.

Dave S.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 01:01 PM UTC
With the demise of the Jets, I can now return from Amazed to boring again #:-) #:-) #:-)
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 01:06 PM UTC
Man if that wasn't a dominating performance from a defense I don't know what is! To shut down the Colts offense like that...the Pats might be going to Pittsburg next week but from where I sit the road to the Superbowl still goes through New England.

Mike
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 01:06 PM UTC
PATRIOTS

Quoted Text

AFC:

Indy over New England in a high scoring affair. The Colts defense hasn't really shined this year. They are fortunate enough to be able to just outscore their opponents.

I THINK NOT!
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 02:14 PM UTC
Steelers Patriots will probably be better than the Super Bowl. I don't think the Falcons are as good as everything says they are and the Eagles beat a not very good Vikings team.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 03:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Steelers Patriots will probably be better than the Super Bowl. I don't think the Falcons are as good as everything says they are

Alan, I think you are somewhat right, in that I also think the two best teams left are in the AFC, but don't underestimate the Falcons. They lead the NFL in sacks and also have one of the best running games in the league, not to mention maybe the best pure athlete in the league playing quarterback. They have surprised a lot of people around the league, including here in Atlanta. I'm not predicting the Falcons will beat Philly, but as I already said earlier in the thread, I do think the Eagles can be had. Whatever happens I do think the two best teams are left in each conference.

Cheers,
Mike