_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
CANADIAN BUILD
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 09:59 AM UTC
OK guys. It has been sugggested that we get on with a Canadian Build in the new year. The ribbon will be based on the Candian Forces Decoration (CD). (Perhaps subsequent builds could involve rosetes) The start date is proposed as 15 January to give us a chance to decide on a project, with the end date being 01 July.
Now we must decide on the parameters. I would suggest any modern (post WWII) Canadian Armour. However, we may wish to narrow it down a bit. This is where I need your ideas. Time to ante up chaps. Let's hear your ideas and if we come to a consensus I will submit the build for approval.
We need a title as well. Iron Beaver comes to mind but that reminds to much of an old girlfriend.
lavgnr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 10:49 AM UTC
I believe that the build is already narrowed sufficiently by our own governmental handlers..
Should anything go, as long as it's Canadian issued and armoured? Korean War inclusive? "Crazy Canucks" is an oft-spoken term when talking about us, so that's my name suggestion.
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 11:40 AM UTC
Sure would be interested, but since I seem to be stalled on my Fitter even for the Bucket Campaign, I won't get my hopes up! Maybe I can finish the Fitter for a Canadian Campaign! I like the idea of post-WW2, from Korea on to 'ultra-modern'

Cheers and Merry-Merry!
Jim
(:-) (:-) (:-)
Logan
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 523 Posts
KitMaker Network: 55 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 12:08 PM UTC
HI

I'm in... just a few dodads to acquire for my humble FITTER.

Title.... Cdn Tracks

Theme ... post Korea

Tom
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 05:42 PM UTC
Count me in.

The only thing Canadian I have is a Leopard 1A with the C1 Conversion kit(although I am a little hesitant to even touch it....don't want to screw it up!!! LOL).

Only other thing I have is Quad Gun tractor with 25pd gun and limber, not really what we are looking for with this Campaign I am thinking.

What could be do??? Canadian Armored Vehicles, last half of the 20th Century?? We haven't really got anything new in the last 4 years that we didn't have before the end of the 20th Century, so it would be all inclusive. And despite us hanging on to everything, there is still a ton (or should that be tonne?? LOL) of subjects to choose from. Just in MBTs alone you have the Centurian, Leo C1 and Leo C2 (what did the Centurion replace??? Shermans?) Plus all the personel carriers, engineering vehicles, etc, etc.

As far as a name.......I like Iron Beaver, but don't want to rehash any bad memories on the part of Paul's X....lol. Crazy Canucks???? is ok CDN Tracks is good as well.
lavgnr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 06:02 AM UTC
So I guess that I won't do my Fitter... I'll find a maintainance- oriented scene somewhere else. For names... Northerners on Guard, Canadian Shield, Maple Walnut Crunch. I know that there's more of us on here...
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,009 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 06:33 AM UTC
A canadian build is a great idea. but why would we want to limiti ti to just Post WWII vehilces? Considering how few canadian kits ever get built to begin with I think an open build for any era would be a better optiion IMHO also Figure builders could join in much easier. Something to think about.
Cheers,
Bryan
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 347 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 08:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A canadian build is a great idea. but why would we want to limiti ti to just Post WWII vehilces? Considering how few canadian kits ever get built to begin with I think an open build for any era would be a better optiion IMHO also Figure builders could join in much easier. Something to think about.
Cheers,
Bryan

Here , here. I think any era would do. There are a couple of WW II softskins I have had my eye on in braille scale...

Merry Christmas (:-)

Michael
cdnkit
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 170 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 11:01 AM UTC
You can count me in also..I'm open to any era subject.
For the name, what about "FIGHTING LEAF"?
whodini
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 359 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 12:23 PM UTC
Hey

This is a very good idea, Trackjam. I'd enter
For a name, how about "The Canadian Resistance"
Or maybe "Canada on the Move"

Rob

P.S. My first post in weeks!
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 12:46 PM UTC
How bout..... OP Canuck Steel
merkava8
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 501 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 12:48 PM UTC
I would be great if it was anything WW II to modern with figures included. This would allow for some good varitey. I think 'Crazy Canucks" rocks!
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 01:32 PM UTC
Count me in.....I have a pic somewhere of a Patricia Bren Carrier flamethrower in Korea...but maybe one of the first 113s that came into Ft. McLeod in Hemer in the early 60s to 1st Bn.
sas
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 256 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 10:17 AM UTC
A Canadian build is a great idea but limiting the build to post war,I dunno,there`s a few guys I can think of who would like it if wwII were to be included,myself included!
lavgnr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 02:05 PM UTC
Sounds good to me, I'll change my vote to include early stuff.. Gives me a chance to research kangaroos, rams, all those. That's the era most associated with Crazy Canucks, although I think they were talking about the RCAF. Good thread!
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 568 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 03:09 PM UTC
Count me in on this campaign,as far as what it should be limited to I think any era armored vehicle that canada has used should be included!Lets not limit or selfs to just modern vehicles!Hope you guys up north dont mind me giving my 2cents on this one!Also as far as a campaign name,how about Canadian Steel"armored vehicles of the mapleleaf"?
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2004 - 03:15 AM UTC
Doesn't matter to me either way, WWII to present, or Korea to present, or whatever you want to do.

All I have currently for Canadian armor is a Tamiya Quad gun tractor with 25pd gun and limber, or Italeri Leopard A2 with the Trackjam C1 update kit.

Now aircraft, thats a different story, but this is an armor build.

What ever you guys want as far as dates in service is fine with me, either way I think the Quad and 25pdr was still used in Korea in any case. So I am in with either kit.
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2004 - 05:57 AM UTC
Well there certainly seems to significant interesest. Looks like WWII will be included. I'll give it a few more days for input and submit a proposal to the staff.
rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 727 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2004 - 06:56 AM UTC
I am definitely up for this. I have many Canadian projects on the shelf. WW2 and Modern.

*side note I don't see this forum listed on the main forums list am I doing something wrong there ? *
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2004 - 07:04 AM UTC
Hi Rob,
Your not doing anything wrong , its just your listed as living in the U.S so technicaly your not "in" the group. Canadian Residents automaticaly get enrolled. Im not sure how you opt in. Perhaps if you posted the question in site talk Jim would be able to fix it for you.
Cheers,
Bryan
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2004 - 12:56 PM UTC
Or I can just answer it here.

This campaign sounds like it will be a great Canadian community thing (with additional people from the site filtering in of course).

Rob,
The reason you can't easily find the topic is that when you go to the Community Forum (what you see as "Big-A in the USA" it shows only topics originated by people in the US. For people who have Canada listed as their country they see Canadian topics. I have my country on France right now (for testing purposes) and guess what I see? Viva la France!

Anyways you can always "visit" other communities by clicking the country selector in the above right and clicking on the "show all topics" link listed on that page. Or you can defect and become a Canadian! Lol...just kidding.

Have fun guys! If you want to get this listed as an official site campaign you can submit it. Or if you want to keep it more a Internal Canadian community thing that is fine too.

Cheers,
Jim
rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 727 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 03:22 AM UTC
Thanks Jim I found that setting about 5 minutes after I posted the question (always the way ). =)
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 08:17 AM UTC
Well I just might find something to build for this campaign ..Sounds like fun ...Keep us posted.

Rick
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 11:57 AM UTC
This looks typically Canadian! We are having trouble making a consenus on things!!!! :-) :-) :-)
ex-royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 12:12 PM UTC
Well. How bout we settle on a name first..Here is a list of names already suggested.

1. Iron Beaver
2. Crazy Canucks
3. Canadian Tracks
4. Northerners on guard
5.Canadian Shield
6. Maple walnut Crunch ... :-)
7. Fighting Leaf
8. the Canadian Resistance
9. Canada on the move
10. Operation Canuck Steel ..my fav
11. Canadian Steel, Armoued vehiclesr of the mapleleaf

Ok thats it...cast your votes.