_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Godzilla Attack on ShermiesRule
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 05:36 AM UTC
GODZILLA ATTACK ON SHERMIESRULE

NEWSWIRE (Big A)

12/10/2004- Armorama member ShermiesRule hosted a meeting of several neighbors at his home. One of the attendees was a elderly man who just had hip replacement surgury. He was admiring the models on display. Well some of the models not on display were stored in shoe boxes on the floor underneath the shelf. Some how this man lost his balance, hit the stack of shoe boxes, spread the boxes across the floor and stepped all over them. It almost seems he was deliberately stomping right on the boxes!!! Said ShermiesRule, "Imagine Godzilla stomping a Japanese city!! All he needed was radioactive breath to complete the effect."

"Fortunately the losses were small. Two jeeps destroyed along with their trailers and a Bren Carrier. None of my prized Shermans and Tigers were hit," says ShermiesRule.

Reports from the site of the attack say the repair depot has already superglued the broken bogey on the Bren carrier and it's ready for a new shoebox.

As told to another Big A member, G.I. Babycakes, " It will require further assessment but it may be possible to combine all the broken pieces of the two jeeps to salvage one jeep. The trailers are a total loss although their contents can be retrieved and redistributed to other vehicles."

TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
entire network: 1,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 562 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 05:56 AM UTC
Hi,

Sorry for your loss, but at least

Quoted Text

None of my prized Shermans and Tigers were hit,"

that's very, very good news.

GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 451 Posts
KitMaker Network: 158 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 06:06 AM UTC
*said with lips moving out of synch*
i still think you should have done a forced perspective of Tokyo with the toy Godzilla walking off in the distance-- leaving behind a flattened, burning and dismally thwarted effort to stop the king of monsters.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 07:14 AM UTC
I hope your neighbors enjoyed their last visit..... :-) :-) :-) :-)
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 07:01 PM UTC
you're lucky your shermans wasnt hit by the 'Godzilla' !!!

Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 489 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 07:08 PM UTC
That had to be a tough time to remain pleasant. I certainly feel your pain. Good luck on your salvage operation.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 07:19 PM UTC
Glad thing it wasn't much of a damage.

Quoted Text

"Fortunately the losses were small. Two jeeps destroyed along with their trailers and a Bren Carrier. None of my prized Shermans and Tigers were hit," says ShermiesRule.

What? Tigers were also precious to you! Shame on you Shermaholic! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 842 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2004 - 07:54 PM UTC
First, make sure he made it home safely after his accident at the meeting...make sure he gets a good nights sleep...go over in the morning and bring him some coffee and bagels...drop one of the bagels in front of him...when he stoops down to pick up the food, RIP OUT his nrecently replaced hip and throw it as far away from him as you can. Look him in the eyes and tell him yer so very sorry...

no, really, sorry about the mis-step on his part. and remember, THIS HAS BEEN A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY MODELING INDUSTRY. HAD THIS BEEN A REAL MODELING EMERGENCY HE WOULD HAVE TRASHED THE SHERMANS TOO.

OMMMMMMMM OMMMMMM HARE KRISHNA AND IN THROUGH THE NOSE, OUT THROUGH THE MOUTH.

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 02:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What? Tigers were also precious to you! Shame on you Shermaholic! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Well when you pay $30 for the basic Tiger kit and throw on $35 Fruils and more $$$ for other upgrades, it damn well becomes precious!!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2004 - 08:03 AM UTC
I've only had two models that this happens to. Both are 48th scale bombers a B-24 in the Dragon and his tail scheme and a B-17 "Little Miss Mischief" in the after the anti-aircraft hit. (front half silver..rear in OD and gray. They get knocked off my speakers occasionly due to their huge wingspans. All tanks are stored on shelves in "the modeling room' and kept away from the "clumsy" public
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 04:16 PM UTC
OK I am about 99% successful scalping the parts from two jeeps to rebuild one jeep. Had to use sprue to rebuild a couple of snapped axles. Still missing one of the headlights. I was even able to recover one trailer. Had to repair the tow arm that snapped off by splinting it with a small section of small diameter plastic tree. Funny thing is that I still have a few assorted pieces that I can't identify. Don't know where they go. Oh well
Verboten
Visit this Community
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
entire network: 202 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 10:49 AM UTC
Well, at least your losses weren't heavy. I showed a 109 to my wife once and she dropped it on the floor. The damage wasn't severe, but I stopped leting her hold completed models! I agree, the public is clumsy, they can't appreciate how delicate they are.
BulletTooth
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 07:12 PM UTC
I knew SOMETHING good would eventually come of me not knowing any of my neighbors My deepest sympathies to the affected parties.
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 5,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 454 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 08:06 PM UTC
Hi,

Bad luck for you, but it sounds like you can repair them? Btw, nice way of letting us know...you work at a newspaper?

We once had a cleaner for a few months here.....I guess she was pretty good in cleaning, but she didn't liked my models!

Total casualties:

- Apache assault helicopter
- Ford Mutt jeep
- Flak 88
- Spitfire
- Pzkfw IV ausf D
- M36 tank destroyer

It was a massacre! After the last model, the M36 (of which I was so proud), I got my mother convinced we should kick her out of our house....and so we did :-)

USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 03:23 AM UTC
I know the feeling. First off, I have a cat, that thinks everything is a chew toy (radio aerials on aircraft and antenna whips on my tanks). Thank God for elevation.

. My sister once thought my 1/72 A-10 could actually fly. She also must have thought her foot was Zeus' lightning bolt! Needless to say, she found out neither were true from my parents perspective.

Thankfully this model was while I was in my childhood modelling where all our unpainted snap together models are covered in a creamy combination of Elmers and Krazy Glue smeared over the canopy (in which one later wonders why the snap-tite was covered in glue?). All that is currently left (having survived twohouse moves and time are a couple 500lb bombs (still unpainted and covered in glue).

But that is why we display them on shelves.

Jeff
 _GOTOTOP