Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Bad Karma
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2004 - 03:48 PM UTC
The other day I was walking down to my mate's house at 5.00am as he gives me a lift to work (We are both postmen) when a fox came out of someone's garden. It was only about 10 feet away and instead of running away it stopped and gave me the most evil stare. I could almost feel the bad vibes gathering around me. A really wierd feeling.

I thought "Don't be silly, it was only a fox." I got to my mate's house but he wasn't there so I ended up having to walk to work, about 50 minutes. Nothing to complain about except I would have a nine mile walk whilst delivering mail later in the day.

I got to work and it was the busiest day we'd had in ages. I was swamped with mail to sort. The manager was being awkward and we had a heated discussion about how unco-operative I am. Then I eventually got out delivering the post.

I accidentally knocked two little kids down some steps, you should have heard them crying! Then I carried on delivering and realised I'd left a package back at the office. Possible sacking offence. I dropped a bundle of mail in a puddle, and later in trying to light a ciggie using some mail as a windbreak I set fire to one of the letters. Finally after finishing my round I decided to call in on a woman I know for some light relief. She is the girlfriend of one of the bosses at work and he doesn't know I've been seeing her. As I walked up the path guess who came out of her front door? He couldn't say anything as he was supposed to be at work and if we'd ended up having a punch up he'd have had to explain to his boss why he was out of the office. Since then all the managers at work have been giving me some hassle.

I'm not in the least supersticious but the whole time that these things were happening I couldn't help thinking about that fox and the evil look it gave me.
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2004 - 04:07 PM UTC
WOW, haha sounds like a day to me! hope everything else goes well...... :-)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2004 - 04:14 PM UTC
Where did your friend go when he left you high and dry?
SpiritsEye
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,041 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2004 - 08:21 PM UTC
relax, everyone have those 'days'!

brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 12:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Where did your friend go when he left you high and dry?

He plays in a band and they'd had a gig the night before. He ended up sleeping at his mate's house and didn't regain consciousness until nearly lunchtime. I wasn't bothered about not getting a lift to work, it was just that all these things happened after I saw the fox and I seemed to know it was going to be one of those days.
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 12:45 AM UTC
i can just imagine the fox. "i was on my way to my mates den when this postman suprised me, instend of running away the postie gave me an evil look, i thought no more about it ...............
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 06:29 AM UTC
LOL LMAO Martin...... hope the package you left behing wasn't someone's model they've been waiting weeks to receive.... :-) :-) :-) :-)
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2004 - 07:38 AM UTC
Someone definatley pointed the bone at you Martin.Had a bad day myself on thursday had an angina attack while riding me bike to work nearly went under a car.sitting in the gutter in agony no ba***** stops for yer been of sick since,oh well ive got a lot of modelling done
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 02:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The manager was being awkward

What a poetic way of saying that someone is an a-hole. :-) :-) :-)
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 05:14 AM UTC
It sounds lke I got all your good kharma that day, dog. My boss gave me a nice present because he was so happy with the job I am doing. Then I got my Christmas bonus. The largest Christmas bonus I ever got was $50 bucks and a nice radio. This one was $500! Then the vice president of the company gave me a bunch of really nice polo shirts with the company logo on them. After that, I was getting ready to leave and my supervisor (who happens to run {url}www.modelwarships.com{/url}) gave me a model for a build the local IPMS chapter is doing. More on that later. To top it all off when I got home my roomate had grilled some chicken and he made enough for all three of us guys, so I had a home cooked meal waiting for me whn I got home.

Now the model is from Whiteman AFB. Our local IPMS chapter was asked to build some plane models for their new museum. Which is cool in itself, but they gave us a little motivator to get the models done. When we finish them, we each get an hour in the B-2 flight simulator.

So Martin, please know that your horrible, horrible day was worth it to give one of your modelling buddies one of the best day of his life. If the theory of kharma is true, I should be looking forward to swapping kharma with you soon. :-)
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 08:28 AM UTC
Martin,take my advice,shoot the bloody fox,make a puppet out of the skin,call it Basil Brush,make your fortune and retire a wealthy man,that is true Karma,LOL
Arthur :-)
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2004 - 03:49 AM UTC
Well.... I got an A on a health test today.......

Sounds like one crappy day! What ever happened to the letter you burned? Hopefully it wasn't some sort of winning lottery ticket, or a check for a billion gillion dollars, but what ya gonna do?
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 1,969 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2004 - 04:20 AM UTC
LOL! Martin, you do have a most interesting life !
Here, have beer Mate!

Cheers,

Garry