Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Virus Alert...
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 03:40 PM UTC
At the moment I am unable to use my MSN Explorer or MSN Messenger due to the fact that I have a virus in them that will not permit me to open them...

The virus is listed as HTML_MORIDIN.A now, it has been identified, unfortunately my anti-virus (Panda Platinium) has not actuallized to include this nasty in its list of Viruses...

What I am looking for is a patch which will allow me to take this nasty little bugger off my system. I did a search for it yesterday and found three entries for it - unfortunately all three linked me directly into Amazon.de website for anti-virus software

Anyone out there had a similar problem? It seems as if it's a european (possibly German) Virus...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! Jim
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 04:02 PM UTC
Hi Jim
Last night I got hit with a "Hijacker"
Only site I went to was here, and clicked on a few of the links to outside sites.
The "The Hijacker" got picked up by my firewall, coming in, and then several times trying to hijack me, and then someone trying to scan my system from the outside.
I spent the rest of the night running spybot, spy balster, adware, and McAfee viruis scan to clean the system out. Fortunately they now are all showing a disinfected/clean system.
I realize that many folks do not have the security that I have on my system, and may not know that the site they are linking us to maybe be doing less than honorable things, like installing spywear and hijackers, and are simply trying to be helpful.
I believe that now I will be forced to spend the extra cash and upgrade my McAfee to their entire security set up, at a cost I rather spend money on other things.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 04:46 PM UTC
Thanks for the tips, Gentlemen...I'll be on the lookout for these bugs...Hope they stay away!

Gunny
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 07:45 PM UTC
XP users may want to check out the link below. Windows flaw that allows a virus to infect your computer by opening a jpeg file...

Shaun

http://news.com.com/Major+graphics+flaw+threatens+Windows+PCs/2100-1002_3-5366314.html

Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 08:12 PM UTC
It is interesting that Symantec knows nothing of this virus. Is this supposed to be a Windows virus?
Golikell
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 126 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 09:53 PM UTC
I've been trying to search the internet for this "virus" but did'nt find ANYTHING about it.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 03:05 PM UTC
If you do a search with : HTML_MORIDIN. (as I did) you will get several hits. Unfortunately all are damned useless....Jim
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 04:38 PM UTC
Jim, try Kaspersky's AV. Use the trial version to remove it.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 05:14 PM UTC
thanks for the tip of Jim
cheers