Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
LOL Univesity of Nigeria
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 02:05 AM UTC
Just found the University of Nigeria website.
Now you know where all those e-mails come from!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 02:45 AM UTC
"If you require the assistance of housing, we can provide you with beautiful accommodations in the high tech business sectors of Mubi and Yola. For your convenience, we recommend removing all funds from your bank account in person, and asking your guide which local bank is most suitable for your needs. We are a very friendly bunch and love to help."

Too funny. Thanks for the link.

Shaun
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 05:23 PM UTC
I liked the part about the $10 million scholarship and keeping what I didn't use, now that's my idea of a scholarship
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 05:51 PM UTC
No Comment.....Jim

History and World Events 400 ( CRN: 25364 )
Many years ago, the United States started a special group to help encourage the growth of the Nigerian economy. It was called ARPANET and is the foundation for the Internet and our current economic prosperity. This course will teach you how the United States provided us with direct links to millions of wealthy and gullible households who assisted us in funneling millions of dollars back to our home country. They are a great people and we will never forget that.
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 27, 2004 - 12:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Macro Economics 101 ( CRN: 85623 )
Learn how to leverage your success with the economy of scale that mass email marketing provides. Sending email offers one at a time is useless and a waste of your time. If you send one stupid email offer to millions and millions of people, you exert the same amount of energy and greatly increase the chance that someone will respond to your offer.

I think I am going to have to sign up. :-)
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 06:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Accounting 419 ( CRN: 38821 )
This course teaches how to leverage yourself against the American banking system. Simply write a check for at least $40,000 to an American and wait for them to deposit it. (Don't worry you don't need to have that much in the bank). Next, say the following... "Ooops, sorry Mr/Ms American. I made a mistake and sent you twice as much money." The silly American will wait until their bank says the check clears, and then will happily remit $20,000 to you. A few weeks later, your American friend will realize the check actually bounced. This always bewilders those silly people. They always looked so dazed and confused when their banks tell them the money is there...but then it isn't. Anywho, it is not our worry. We got the money for you. Now go have some fun.

Hi Al

This site is a gem!

Thanks for sharing

Rowan
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 09:21 AM UTC
LOL! :-)
gotta love those nigerians!
i get so many e-mails weekly from these guys, i remember one (some of you may have got a similar one) saying that a nigerian diplomat, sir something arotha, had died, and he was leaving his fortune to me, as i was the only one on his list
amusing seings i dont know any nigerians! :-)
cheers
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 08:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

LOL! :-)
gotta love those nigerians!
i get so many e-mails weekly from these guys, i remember one (some of you may have got a similar one) saying that a nigerian diplomat, sir something arotha, had died, and he was leaving his fortune to me, as i was the only one on his list
amusing seings i dont know any nigerians! :-)
cheers

Have you seen the "ebola Monkeyman" site?
http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/
He's a guy who cooresponds w these scammers and gets them to send photos holding signs 'to verify their identity' with rude crude and socially unacceptable slogans disguised as names.

There are links to other sites who do the same thing, often stringing these scammers along for a time and playing mind games w them.

If I had the time it would be good fun. But I barely skimmed the site and the hobby room calls.