TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
28 days later
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
entire network: 779 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 09:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am way too tired of flashy effects that sugar coat most stinker movies over here.

that's right, its like if they are trying to scare you with loud sounds instead of a good story line. this movie really gets me to think about what I would do if something like this happened.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 10:19 AM UTC
Movies with less splashy FX that use more subtle FX tend to have a more 'realistic' feel to them and can scare the crap outta you just because of that. One perfect example of a disturbing movie with non-splashy FX (minus the pea soup scene) is The Exorcist. Scary because it feels real... love that type of scary movie.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 10:23 AM UTC
one scary movie that most people over look is outbreak released during the ebola virus chaos in Africa it's scary because it shows a real time disease/bio weapon kicking in and its effects although I like horror flicks this one for me is the scary one
earwig61
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 188 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 03:13 AM UTC
My son had been bugging me for weeks to see this flick. The hype was "scariest move ever". Overall, I thought it was a fair movie, with little fright-bite. We were both disappointed.
bracomadar
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 410 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 02:11 PM UTC
I liked this movie. I don't care much for horror movies, but zombies are cool to me somehow This was different from any zombie movie I've seen. I had some friends that didn't like it, but they are the ones who liked Jason X and I hated that movie (along with all the rest of those type of horror movies). I've never seen Dog Soldiers, but I guess I gotta rent it now I like werewolves too. (++) (I couldn't find a wolf smiley, so I guess they need to make a werepig movie)
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
entire network: 779 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2004 - 12:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

We were both disappointed.

I told you, you either totally love it, or you don't
" (++) the killer werepigs part three" :-) :-) :-)