_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Fresh Old Meat
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 02:41 PM UTC
Hi Gentlemen & Ladies (if there are any),

Just the new old guy reporting for duty. New in that this is my first ever forum anywhere and old in that it has been about 25 years since I built my last plastic model. One of the main reasons of getting back into the game is largely thanks to you guys at this Forum for the inspiration, humor and the know-how. The other reason is the little woman is working late affording me quality time with my new mistress, diorama making.

Finished my first dio based on the 47 ronin from Tamiya and working on my second based on the SBS kayak team from Dragon in a swamp scene. Yesterday Murphy's Law resulted in a setback as my M16 melted in a thinner oil wash to become a Stone Age club cum hammer. My major complaint is that here in Malaysia I can't seem to find even half of the spiffy stuff you guys get in your countries (thus the M16 club). Any help from fellow Malaysians or sympathetic forum members knowledgeable about modelling supplies in Malaysia will be super appreciated.

Thanks and sorry if I sound long winded (can only be best ascribed to the effects of age).

Beachbum out.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 02:59 PM UTC
A big warm and very fuzzy "Welcome Aboard" Beachbum! Glad to have you join in with all the fun and knowledge we have here!
Sorry to hear about your M16. That, I can only say "sucks"!
I will like to add that most of us here get our "spiffy" stuff through the www. Since you are here at the big "A", you must have internet access. How do you feel about online shopping?
I do not know what shipping costs are to Malaysia, but it may be worth a closer look.

Oh, and by the way, isn't it great to restart your affair with plastic while the Mrs. is out?!
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 03:14 PM UTC
Hey Beachbum welcome to Armorama. Sorry to hear about the club 16. Like Ken says you could get supplies thru the net. I buy very little at the local hobby stores. I noticed that we have a lot of members fron Kuala Lumpur and even more from Malaysia. I am sure there is somione near you that can come to your rescue and help you out with the M-16 you need.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 03:16 PM UTC
Glad to have you with us Beachbum! :-)
Like Ken said, lots of us order online.
Ask lots of questions, cause every time someone asks a question, I learn something.
Chuck
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 03:25 PM UTC
Welcome to the Big A there Beachbum! You'll have a ton of fun here!

Ahhhh.... as it is snowing outside right now, I could sure go for being a beachbum my dang self!
firemann816
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 790 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 03:32 PM UTC
Welcome Beachbum !!!
Post us some pics
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 04:57 PM UTC
Hi and welcome beachbum, i dont consider myself a pro yet, but basically since tamiya monopolizes almost the whole market in malaysia, it is worth checking out the privately owned hobby shops, you can get a cheaper price there and there is a wider variety. hope that helps!
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 07:32 PM UTC
welcome to Armorama Beachbum.glad you joined us
Greetings from Turkey
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 07:54 PM UTC
Welcome aboard the best site around beachbum! Lots of people ready to share their experiences and to help.
Ciao from Italy
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 10:21 PM UTC
Welcome beachbum,
another oldie is always welcome......I not exactly alone now :-) .
I'm sure you've come to the right place for quality time pursuits....
Best wishes
Cheers
Peter
:-)
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 10:24 PM UTC
Welcome aboard and have fun
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 02:34 PM UTC
Many Many Thanks for the warm welcome guys. You are right Kencelot I do get a warm fuzzy feeling (without getting too sentimental) when guys from continents away take time out to welcome a newbie like myself. I really appreciate it.

I apologize as I don't know if this is the right area to post it but being technically challenged I have a question about logging on. Can I log on from any other computer other than the one I used to register cos I couldn't log on last night from my home pc. I registered at the Office (heh, heh).

Thanks again and let me know if anyone needs a slightly deformed Stone Age club with a night scope.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 03:39 PM UTC
Beachbum sir,

As long as you know your password, you can sign on from any PC out there - or at least the ones you have access to.
You can, when you're at the office PC, log on as usual, than go to your "my account" link at the top of this or any window, and change that password to something you can easily remember, if you did not already do so.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 01:48 PM UTC
Welcome, glad to have you with us. Enjoy yourself here at Armorama.

_GOTOTOP