_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Bought out the Shelf!
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2004 - 04:10 PM UTC
I don't think the individual Hobby Lobby stores get any choices on what kits they receive. On a weekday, day off, I happened to stop by a Hobby Lobby when they were stocking the shelves. New boxes of kits had come in from the "corporate warehouse" and they were opening the boxes, sticking prices on and putting them on the shelves. There were like three boxes of assorted car kits, a box of assorted aircraft kits and another box of assorted armor/ships/figures/misc. No two kits in a box matched -- they were a total mix. I asked store personnel if they could get certain kits and they basically told me they just get whatever "corporate"sends them. For what it's worth, I think you may find a few gems, but really "new" stuff is not to be expected. Still, 50% off gets a lot of goodies for conversions, dios, whatever.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 11:15 PM UTC
All I bought was another Pershing.
Had everything they had plus one .
Wish they would get some T-55's in next time then will buy everyone at every store I can find!!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 01:53 AM UTC
Bob K is right. Hobby Lobby has the same armor model kits no matter where you go. I am lucky enough to have several fairly close and drove to three different stores during one of the half off sales and they all had the same kits. I ended up getting the Pershing, Ardennes King Tiger and Marder III this week, all for about $60...

Oh, model rocket kits are on sales this week, half off, if you dabble in that...

Shaun
SFC_StJohn
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 128 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 03:37 PM UTC
I used that same coupon Friday night, got 3 models for $29.00.... You've gotta love it! I'm getting ready to build my first Panther and I'm really looking forward to it!

_GOTOTOP