_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Many Thanks - Members Friendship
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 10:24 PM UTC
Many times lots of members of Armorama help each others with advice , stuff they send via email or post, and this is the way of a community acting.
But i feel obliged, 1 to thank my friend Engin aka "Graywolf", from Turkey , for sending me over, a pack full of printed diorama stuff , (maps, posters, c rations, cardboxes , ration packs and Verlinden dry transfers for my M113 Vietnam version and other vehicles this era..), immidiately after we just talked it over , just for the dry transfers , and he send me over a pack of treasury, that came from Turkey to me in only 4 days!!!. All though this is something common in Armorama, some people knowing the relations, between Greece and Turkey would think ,a lil more about it.
I was thinkin of not posting anything about it due to Engin's kind of modest character (not showing off), and so i apologise to him, but it was a good example of how a hobby could bring closely some people with supposed distance.

Just thought i had to say it buddies, thanks for your time .

Engin Thanks a lot (:-)
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 01:19 AM UTC
Dear friend Costas
Thanks for the nice words.All I can say we are both members of the ARMORAMA and members of the same family share easily. I had more than I need of this stuff (more than I need till death ) and I send them to you easily, otherwise you know a modeler never shares his diorama materials
Besides it is not only me. Long ago I messaged the forum if anyone can send me the scan or photocopy of an article about Armorama published in a military modelling magazine and about a week later postman brought me the magazine. I just thanked dear friend Arthur in personal messsage ..now you gave me a chance to thank in public.Thanks Arthur .
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 01:43 AM UTC
BRAVO, BRAVO, Major Goose And Graywolf !! These are just some of the reasons that this is site is one of the VERY BEST !! sites and demonstrates what it takes to makes a community like this such a popular and well liked place for folks to come to and to join us. As Men and hobbyist, We have a duty and an obligation to help each other in order to bolster our hobby. And show the type of Christian Love that is endeared in all of us. WELL DONE GUYS !! And remember to keep sharing with others as you are able to. :-)
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 01:44 AM UTC
BRAVO, BRAVO, Major Goose And Graywolf !! These are just some of the reasons that this is site is one of the VERY BEST !! sites and demonstrates what it takes to makes a community like this such a popular and well liked place for folks to come to and to join us. As Men and hobbyist, We have a duty and an obligation to help each other in order to bolster our hobby. And show the type of Christian Love that is endeared in all of us. WELL DONE GUYS !! And remember to keep sharing with others as you are able to. :-)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 02:23 AM UTC
As far as I can say, staff_jim made a bridge between countries. Imagine that! I'm a Filipino and I'm talking to some people - Canadian, French, Germans etc. We all have a good atmosphere here! We share ideas, needed and expressed comments. We developed a bonding unchained by boundaries, culture and language. What I say is, What makes this site great is by the people who share in it. Congratulations ARMORAMA! We salute you!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 05:21 AM UTC
A great big WELL DONE to both Graywolf for doing it, and for you Major_Goose for taking the time to tell us about it. A while back I asked if anybody had decals for the Italeri or Zveda M13/40. Without a seconds though Scoccia sent me the decal sheet for that kit, and since it was in pretty bad shape the one for the Tamiya kit as well. A real gentleman and scholar.

Yes it does really seem that Jim as made a real community here, not just a bunch of separate modeles but an international group who know no borders. Congrats to all for keeping this the very BEST modeling site on the web.
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 427 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 01:57 AM UTC
You are right about this community. But how's this for a trade?

I'm sent some good ol' USA beef jerky to The Netherlands for soem rubberized horsehair for using for terrain undergrowth. Now, I don't know if the jerky goes on a model or in the modeler, but it's flying there now.

Darn that book Osprey "Terrain Modeling". All the goodies they mention aren't available in the USA. Flex-i-bark, Porion, rubberized horsehair, etc. Best book I've ever seen on the subject, but no domestic source.

Selahead (Kansas Sunflower)
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 02:59 AM UTC
Oh, shucks...You guys, I am all chocked up now This is just too emotional

Seriously, it is awesome you guys feel the same way I do. This truly is the best modeling site and community on the web. :-)
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 03:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Darn that book Osprey "Terrain Modeling". All the goodies they mention aren't available in the USA.

I agree. What will you take in trade for some of that horsehair?

Patrick
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 03:21 AM UTC
Hi guys

A short time ago somthing very similar happen too me. I put a post up asking if anyone had a 35th scale radio they would like to trade. I was offering parts from Tamiya's M4A3 Sherman, and expected to make a swap. Chuck a.k.a Cfbush2000 contacted me saying he had a radio that he would give me. The radio arrived a short time later and is currently getting ready to take its place in the vehicle, This small act of kindness kept moving what could have been a staled {spelling??] project. I glad I have a chance to thank him publicly.

While this is not really a place to post this its somthing I've wanted to say since I've joined the site. I only recently returned to the hobby this past summer. to make a long story short I've recently became disabled and as a result have a great deal of time on my hands. I want to take a second to thank everyone on the site for helping me back into a hobby that I can't for the life of me figure out why I left in the first place. Thanks folks you have made a hard situation a lot easier.

Wolfsix
P.S. Armorama is the true meaning of community
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 07:16 AM UTC
Ola People

Although I have thanked the people personally I want to do it here too. Pure to show the comradery beyond the Armorama ranks.
Couple of weeks ago when I was looking for stuff for my jagdtiger I was looking for Engine Grilles and Dave (SS74) said he still had a couple of them laying around of wich he would not do anything with In that same period I was working on the SdKfz 250/10 but as I was making the Polish captured version I didn`t have the polish eagle markings on them. Dave had these too from an old hetzer set and I received them just a bit longer then a week later.

Another good point was when I was working on the Airborne Jeep I needed three Jerrycan holders but the PE set only had one. I scratchbuilt the other two they were not bad but not like the PE version. Cliff (MrRoo) said he had two left wich he didn`t used and I received them also within 10 days.

Now these are only two Examples I have received from a lot of guys really usefull links, scans pictures texts, extractions from books, booktips, and name it I`am really thankfull for the comradery here inside Armorama

Slainte

Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
entire network: 846 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 07:36 AM UTC
Long live ARMORAMA!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 08:14 AM UTC
I guess as time goes by, most of us that are really involved in the site will need or see someone else we can help. I for one have been involved in this several times. I swapped kits, sent instructions and parts to people received needed items and bought some rare kit at a drastically reduced price. It's a great club and I wish we could all get together for a beer (or soda in your case Chip). I'ld really love to meet Sniper and debate with him and meet Sabot to find out how the Army is from his perspectve. To see Gunnie's and Animals work for real rather than pictures. And to run up and down the Italian penninsula with Scoccia. So to all my friends out there.....Prost
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 842 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 08:51 AM UTC
I told you all, when I found this site, it was a very special place. This thread just helps to prove my point. The relationships we have forged here are truly stronger than our native countries have between themselves. I have found that, through Armorama, I can put up with grumpy old men, (sherman2), guys so caught up in their own little world they don't care about others,(Matt) , career military hard heads, (Sabot), teenagers that don't even now what it is to support themselves, let alone a family, (Pnzr-Cmdr), pocket-protector wearing website owners who stay just out of reach( staff jim), talented freaks who are REALLY in the wrong business (Gunnie), retiree types with nothing better to do, (Animal), wrong side of the world know-it-all's (MrRoo)...heck, I could go on and on and on....

hehehe...I love this place....and you guys (and gals,(Faust))...hehe
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 08:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

and you guys (and gals,(Faust))...hehe

If I`m not a guy and not a gal in what category do I fit in then ???? #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)

animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 09:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

and you guys (and gals,(Faust))...hehe

If I`m not a guy and not a gal in what category do I fit in then ???? #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)

You my friend are a Armoramaian of the highest level (++) (++) (++) #:-)
 _GOTOTOP