_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Quality of ICM models?
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 08:45 AM UTC
Can anyone tell me if the ICM line of models (figures and armor) is any good? There are a couple of models I would consider getting but haven't seen any of them in person.
dioman
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 485 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 09:54 AM UTC
I haven't tried any of their armour models but I have done a few of their figures.....they need a lot of work.....new heads......filling.....fiddling....but they do turn out nice if it's something you want at a cheap price.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 10:19 AM UTC
Hi there

What scale are you talking about?

ICM 1/48 scale figures seem rather good ...

All the best

Rowan
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 10:32 AM UTC
Had a spitfire and ground crew. The spit was crap. Needed putty and didn't fit well. Crew was ok needed some putty to fill holes.

HastyP
dioman
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 485 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 10:54 AM UTC
Sorry...I was talking about 1/35th
Marty
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 01:03 PM UTC
Thanks guys for your input. I guess these kits would be more trouble than they are worth. They are indeed inexpensive but you know what they say; "You get what you pay for".
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 02:43 PM UTC
It may well depend on what kit you are building Marty. I have the ICM Panzer II D and it was a nice little kit. Detail was good, fit was right on and the parts needed little clean-up. So don't count all their models out.

Stuke
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 10:51 PM UTC
Ola Marty

I have the ICM Normandy Campaign set with the PzKfw 2 Luchs. I haven`t built it yet but the Luchs doesn`t seem too bad. White plastic but with indy links (wich is in my opinion a pro).
In the kit are 13 figures. They don`t seem too bad either. Some sinkmarks on the legs wich will be easy to fill. Further the figures don`t rival resin figs but they`ll turn out in nice figures eventually when painted.
And for the price you couldn`t hurt yourself

Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 05:33 AM UTC
Hi,

I have found ICM's T-28 and T-35 heavy tank kits to be excellent. The only issues was constructing the huge number of individual track links, whew!!!
I rank those kits:
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 06:38 AM UTC
I have the ICM PzKpfw II Luchs and the PzKpfw II Ausf. F Flamingo flame tank. Both appear to be very good kits. My Luchs was covered with a very thick and greasy molde release substance. Took a little Comet and some dishwashing liquid to get rid of it.
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 01:12 AM UTC
Hi Marty

I have ICM's Multiple Launch Rocket System BM-21 Grad. A very nice Kit all in all. Have read the usual nightmare things about the kit and found one by Cookie Sewell at: http://www.track-link.net/reviews/k172 that is more up to date! Yes my kit also has the
"Omega-K" logo on the trees. I have only one complaint about the kit "No Decals".

Grifter
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 02:02 AM UTC
I have built their Panzer II D and found it to be well detailed and fairly well fitting. Mine had some warping in the rear upper hull area....nothing that couldn't be fixed by some hot water and CA glue. I splurged for some Fruil. track on mine and I think it came out to be a very nice model. One drawback was that the decals were thick and didn't respond too well to decal solvent. I have a Pz II F kit and I will probably substitute the decals on that one or paint them.
Jakkels
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 19 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 02:20 AM UTC
I too have built the ICM PzII Luchs with the extra soldiers (Normandy kit I think) It built up fine, just needing the usual sanding etc of any half decent model. The kit tracks were quite nice too. The soldiers were OK, much of their kit was warped(ie rifles), but considering I paid less than £10 for it, no complaints. better than Academy IMHO
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
entire network: 1,757 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 03:41 AM UTC
I've recently finished building the T28 heavy tank and it was a true pleasure ! It's realy a great kit and you need absolutely no add-on, given the fact that you get link by link tracks.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2003 - 08:09 AM UTC
Some of their figures are now under the revell label I got their baled out and injured german tank crew set I was well pleased with them and the price was right :-)
dsmith
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 183 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2003 - 09:07 AM UTC
I just bought abot fifteen different ICM kits (8 tanks, and a bunch of figures) off ebay for about $150.00. Most of the tank kits are very nice (although get ready to do some heavy duty cleaning- bring out out the krud cutter ) , although the Panzer II F from the Stalingrad set semms to have big fit problems with the hull. I also got lots of figures, and some of them were very nice, I was very surprised. Basically, I thought that the german tank crews were the best. The only drawback I found, was that a few of the kits were incomplete - either missing a sprue a figures, or containing a sprue of the wrong figures. I think I got a set of Moderen Soviet soldiers in my Normandy campaine set. Hope that helps
Marty
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2003 - 01:08 PM UTC
Perhaps I should reconsider then
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 568 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2003 - 05:59 AM UTC
there quality seems ok on some kits but there little stuff i thought was terrible.
 _GOTOTOP