_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Focused or not ?...
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 11:36 AM UTC
I try to do anything (WWI or II) that no one else does. I find the odd ones! #:-) #:-)
simonrw
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 53 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 12:00 PM UTC
I don't focus on anything, I just build whatever takes my fancy (said the man with the 1/72nd Victor K mk.2, the 1/24th Harrier, the 1/48th Apache and the 1/48th Bf108 in various stages of construction
uilebheist
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 69 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 12:27 PM UTC
WW2 German, mainly Eastern front, just started work on my first piece of Russian armor . I like the Russian stuff so far, think I'll build more. Just got my Karl today though, that will keep me busy for a day or two.

jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 719 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 12:55 PM UTC
I build German WWII armor - with an emphasis on the open topped fighting vehicles. I don't have a Tiger or Panther to my name... of course that will change soon, as I picked up a couple of the DML Panthers. I prefer to build StuG's, PzKpfw III's and IV's for some reason.

That said I will be doing an American M-10 for the TD build (as well as the trench campaign) .... I must admit that it is fun eyeballing green plastic for a change. I've also been pondering the Formations M4A1 a bit as well... I might just have to dabble a bit with US stuff... who knows?

Gonna do a PzKpfw IV for the RMG campaign as well as the Workhorse of the Reich build, and an M-10 and Flak 88 for the trench campaign.

Later-
Jeff

capnjock
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 860 Posts
KitMaker Network: 340 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 01:45 PM UTC
Build everything but mainly stay in armor. Build in all era's and whatever strikes my fancy at the time. All of my models are stored in a jumble and dispayed someplace around the house in any open spot. Organization is not mu strong suit!
capnjock
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 02:55 PM UTC
I build mostly WWII U.S. vehicles and figures -- particularly Sherman variants. I find that I would rather specialize than generalize, that way I can get more bang-for-my-buck when I buy refernce materials. I also find that after a few kit-bashes, my scrap box grew to proportions where I could really add detail and variation to subsequent subjects (part-swapping).

I build other subjects, too. I enjoy an occasional TV or movie figure, as well as an aircraft. I also like to have representative vehicles from other WWII combatants, German: Tiger I. Panther G, Volkswagen, SdKfz 250/5 Beobachtungspanzerwagen, etc. Soviet T-34/76 Model 1942, BT-7, SU-76M, KV-85, etc. Japanese Chi-Ha, Italian M13/40, British/Canadian Sheman variants, M3 Lee, Valentine, etc. -- plus lots of unbuilts stacked in the garage.

I display most of my military models in glass display cases. Dios are in a barrister-style bookcase (glass doors). TV and movie figures on on shelves around the TV/entertainment center and computer desk. I also have a few figures and models in and on a glass-doored bookcase at my office.
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 05:19 PM UTC
Good question...

Over the past many years I have built mostly WW2 Allied armor/softskins. Then came my 15+ year hiatus.

Now my focus is very much on current western Armor. I could see some Modern western A/C being built, especially helicopters. I accumulated a fair amount of Modern era kits (armor and a/c) after Gulf War 1, and didn't complete any of them. They await me.

There is a potential for a car or 2 along the way as well. In my basement are half a dozen mid 70s sedan type racing cars...a couple of Ford Works Capris (I owned one of those in the mid 70s-raced a couple of times in IMSA), a 1/12 BMW IMSA sedan, a 1/20 427 Cobra, as well as a couple of others.

Display...I have to finish a few first! The debris of my old builds lie in various boxes...

Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 05:36 PM UTC
I mostly do WWII stuff tanks, afv, miniatures and dioramas and very little modern stuff which has to do with my country's army . I ve quitted years now airplanes naval and other stuff but from time to time i do what is needed for my 1/35 dio's, i mean a helicopter or a speedboat. ohh i forgot to mention that i only work in 1/35 cause i find it good to do anything right (not to small not to big) and there are a lot of themes in this scale. I put my models in order of making and the last ones are top shelve. I mostly do german and american stuff and less british russian or anything else. Also i tend to deal with periods of war history .this year i ll be dealing with vietnam era and thus ive already purchased a number of models i choose to build and i also am going for a big dio with a huey that will participate in the heli campaighn.
greets from Greece
Costas
M113
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 411 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 11:01 AM UTC
Thank you all guys for your answers.
I guess we all have this "display" or "space" problem huh ?
But..i hope we all sove this problem very soon (in some way)

Take it easy...

Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 1,290 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 02:16 PM UTC
My recent efforts are Golden Age US military aircraft (I have 1/72 scale Grumman FF-1, F2F-1, F3F-1, and two 1/72 Vindicators in build) and other 1920-302 biplanes. Those and whatever variants of the M113 that I can fins.

Jeff
Machu
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 208 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 02:20 PM UTC
I only build German armor...I display them however looks best :-)
Gaucho
Visit this Community
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
entire network: 416 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 02:44 PM UTC
Hey buddy, wait for me, still don't finish the subject.
I'm trying to focus my sight in AFV 1/35, I swear, but sometimes appear some plane, or ship, or figure, then they are looking at me, asking for some glue drops, a little of paint...
So, there we go.
I put my models every place where there is space. Some books already gave up place for them. When I was younger, my brother finished (smash) with my models, for that there was plenty space in that period. Today I don't have this problem, so my models are reproducing quickly.
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 415 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 03:14 PM UTC
I build U.S., German, Soviet, Japanese, Italian WW11 armor. The models are displayed on open shelves which I am working on enclosing. Keeping them dusted is a bear. I try to display the models in series by country. IE Pz1, Pz11, Pz111, Pz1V, etc.
M113
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 03:30 PM UTC
Hahaha Mano, :-)

How can this subject finish without you ?
I know what u're talkin about, it happens to me sometimes also, for exemple, even tho i'm focused one WWII european & eastern theaters, my nick is "M113" #:-) And as u know all kind of them i make. In the other hand i love to make all kind of UH-1 and UH-34 models also. Only these two. Not other modernlike choppers.
I have a special shelf for NAM..but that's it...
I know that u're an AFV'er :-) and i know also u cannot decide where to focus yet, né ? #:-)
Just follow me, mano..after 3 months u'll start to feel like "Otto Carius"
:-) Or..a tank commander of Sherman, também (:-)

Take it easy...
M113
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 03:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I try to display the models in series by country. IE Pz1, Pz11, Pz111, Pz1V, etc.

Good ypanzer :-) So we're doing exactly the same then.
Nationalities and models from first to last.

Happy modellings
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 602 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 04:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

sourkrauts panther slowly emerges through the trees only to find the rear of kencelots sherman unprotected.............he,he,he

Don't worry Kencelot, a P47 has that Tiger in it's sights right now.

DAMN!
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 199 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2003 - 02:52 AM UTC
i build whatever interest's me at the time most of the time it's british or american right now i'm trying to finish off an ertl star war's kit for my daughter.i hate the ertl kits,you get spoiled with the tamiya ones.i also have to finish the shower orders from general wife!
 _GOTOTOP