_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New Filipino modeler
blank
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 190 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 10:34 PM UTC
Hey everyone,

I'm Joshua Sy, a new Filipino modeler. I'm completely new to modelling, and have only been building them (mostly AFVs, with some small-scale planes) for a few months now. I was wondering if there are any Philippine distributors for Iwata airbrushes and ICM, SKIF and Zvezda models. I've gotten sticker-shocked on the Tamiya T-72 kits available online ($40!) and have heard that kits from those manufacturers are OK quality, with lots of models on Russian subjects, and a hell of a lot cheaper! Thanks for any help, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 10:44 PM UTC
Ola Blank

You really did come to the best site in the world. And no matter if you are a newbie to modeling or a veteran in plastic who have seen all the 7 seas we threat you all equal here.
Here you`ll find a wealth of information and for you it`s funny to hear that there are a lot Of Filipino modelers that are quite active in the forums. and can answer all your questions you have.

Hope you have a really good time here

scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 11:12 PM UTC
Welcome aboard Joshua. You reached the best place around!!! I'm sure you'll have a nice time on Armorama.
Ciao from Italy

HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 11:46 PM UTC
Welcome Blank

Glad you have made it into our fold. YOur question should get an answer here as the knowledge among members is astounding.

Cheers
HastyP
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
entire network: 720 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 12:58 AM UTC
welcome aboard
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 03:25 AM UTC
Welcome Blank. As everyone has said this is the best modeling site on the web. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. We all can learn something from this site. We welcome fresh ideas and sugestions here. And remember the only stupid question is one that is not asked...
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
entire network: 534 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 03:34 AM UTC
welcome to the greatest modelling site ever.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 06:13 AM UTC
Greetings from London Joshua, enjoy the site. :-)
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 06:43 AM UTC
Hi Joshua

Welcome to Armorama! :-)

You're going to have a great time... this place is the best!! :-)

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 07:46 AM UTC
Hi Joshua, welcome
Mal
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 08:25 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Blank a.k.a. Joshua!

The closest Iwata retailer I could find for you is in Indonesia:
Bintang Palapa
33 Tunjangan St.
Surabaya 60275, Indonesia
Phone - 315323153
Calling them may provide more help. I also found a link to various Craft and Hobby shops located throughout the Phillipines. I know the list of links is for "cross stiching" shops, but there are lots of hobby and craft shops listed there as well. Here in the States many of the craft shops also carry airbrushes. Scroll through and click on the links for more detailed info on each of the shops:
Philippine Cross Stitch Shop Locator

I hope this helps a bit.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 02:08 PM UTC
Hi Josua! Welcome to our cyber-tambayan

Haven't found any ICM or SKIF kits here yet. I've spotted a few RPMs and Zvezdas at Lil's Park Square. Iwata airbrushes are also a bit difficult to find locally. The most common airbrushes here are from Badger. The cheapest Badgers are available at Enriquez Art Supply (or something like that) along Recto. They are also available at National Bookstore but their prices are considerably higher.

You might want to check out our forum for more localized tips. Big Jim gave us our own forum to play around with. Click here.
blank
Visit this Community
entire network: 190 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 11:21 PM UTC
Thanks for the help and warm welcome guys. I was wondering where's a good place to find models and stuff online, preferably 1 that ships to the US (I have relatives there that can mail it to me). Any help you guys can offer would be nice!
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
entire network: 1,941 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 01:32 AM UTC
Hi Blank:

Welcome to the best modeling site in the www. If you need help with modeling questions just ask.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 02:06 AM UTC
Whooo pee! Another Pinoy! Join us in our little forum here in armorama. Pinoy ata to! :-) See you there!
rysorne
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 115 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 10:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey everyone,

I'm Joshua Sy, a new Filipino modeler. I'm completely new to modelling, and have only been building them (mostly AFVs, with some small-scale planes) for a few months now. I was wondering if there are any Philippine distributors for Iwata airbrushes and ICM, SKIF and Zvezda models. I've gotten sticker-shocked on the Tamiya T-72 kits available online ($40!) and have heard that kits from those manufacturers are OK quality, with lots of models on Russian subjects, and a hell of a lot cheaper! Thanks for any help, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

Hi, Josh welcome to Armorama, we have our own Pinoy forum, about the airbrush Badger is available in National Bookstore and also the parts its a quality airbrush but quite expensive and also you need to buy an air compressor just a small one design for AB. If you have some problem or difficulties about modelling dont hesitate to ask, lots of people are willing to help you.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 06:32 PM UTC
Welcome aboard, Make yourself At home!

~Chip :-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 10:32 PM UTC
Sorry for the late greeting, but here it is...

Greetings! Yeah, Armorama is the best model site, primarily (for me, at the least) for its organization, and the folks here as well.

We Filipinos are quite a lot (and noisy talkative hehehehe) bunch here, with our very own forum (thanks to Staff_Jim! ) where we discuss things on Chinitas, Chinitas, Chinitas, and more Chinitas. And, yeah, models also #:-) . So, visit us and join in our noisy chatter! :-)

BTW, is it by chance that you found this site, or did someone recommend it to you?

Also, check the following link: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/12258&page=1 This is where you can read us Filipino members' profiles (and where you can put yours too - if you're not shy ).
 _GOTOTOP