_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Do you all realize what you do?
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 01:56 PM UTC
All of you make this hobby so much more enjoyable. I got out for almost 10 years because I would show me what me did. Then my bro tells me about a site dedicated to modelling put together by King Jim 1st. I says to myself " How many folks model and what can I learn?"
Welp the answer is..A S@#T load, and they are the nicest, politest group of people I have had the pleasure to ever type to. So, I would like to thank...King Jim and the rest of you plastiholics for bringing me back to a hobby I dearly love...Special thanks to Bro..Kencelot..the resins I send are cause I love ya dude! p.s. next RRB I post tell me I done good! Thanks guys ...to bad life cant always be so easy!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 06:05 PM UTC
Hi PvtParts

This place is amazing isn't it!! :-) Everyone has been so friendly and helpful to me since I joined :-)

Armorama has really given my modelling a new lease of life... and due to encouragement (and pressure) of taking part in campaigns, it's even making me determined to actually finish models!!! :-)

Cheers everyone, you lot are amazing

Rowan
uscusn
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 86 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 06:22 PM UTC
Isn't it just amazing learning from the nice bunch on this site. A global lot also, from Eastern Europe to SE Asia and S. America. I am humbled!

Chuck
Fly Navy!
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 09:06 PM UTC
Thanks to you PvtParts for your kind words and for re-joining the hobby. I don't know which is the situation in your country, but here the average age of the plastoholics is growing up in a worying way... You're right: I've never seen a place with so many people willing to help sharing their knowledge whithout "teaching". People here is quite unique, they do not limit themselves to tell, they also show you visually how to do things...
Ciao
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 09:47 PM UTC
wouldn't the world be a better place to live if we were as polite and helpful to each other as we are on this site doesnt matter who/what/were your from we all get on and have a laugh
right thats my tree hugging session over. I'ts bank holiday weekened here and I'm on the lash woooowoooo
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 11:03 PM UTC
What you guys said is exactly why it bothers me not to surf by and check out the forums. The coraderie (did I spell that right..lol) here is amazing.

Cheers to one and all!

HastyP
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 11:17 PM UTC
Guess what - You are part of it too. To the thanks is a two way street.

Thanks.
MadMax
Visit this Community
Germany
entire network: 248 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 11:23 PM UTC
yeah this community is just greatevery1 helps if u got a problem or if u just want a tip!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 12:15 AM UTC
Ditto to all. I've been on this site for a fair while now and I don't think I've seen a flame war yet. The people here are polite, friendly, helpful, heck they sound like a bunch of boy scouts. I really enjoy hearing from people from all over the world. Isn't it amazing how a hobby like this crosses all cultures, ages, economic conditions, and even sexes, (ok, not too many ladies here but there are some.) I really don't know what I would have done when I decided to get back into this hobby if I hadn't found this site.

Thanks to you all.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 12:15 AM UTC
All right...time for a group hug!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 12:42 AM UTC
Howdy PvtParts,

Glad you could join us over here at the big 'A'!

I have also been here awhile, (almost from the beginning actually), and I couldn't agree with you more. Jim's the superbly talented 'grand wizard' who put it all together, but it's the people who show up and hang out here who make it what it is!

O.K........now that that's been said, and we've done all the required exercise's for our membership in the Mutual Admiration Society, and we've already group hugged, It's gotta be time for some 'kissie - face', right??

Tread,
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 02:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's gotta be time for some 'kissie - face', right

To paraphrase "Gunny" Highway from Heartbreak Ridge, "We're not going to start taking warm soapy showers together."
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 04:42 AM UTC
This is THE place to be for modelling! Helpful & knowledgeable people...no chest thumping or looking down on those of us who are either new, re-joining after some time away or anything like that.

This place is the reason (Cold War Cook-Off) I finaly finished a kit, my first in 10-20 years, and it is the place I turn to with questions!!

Pvt Parts Welcome aboard!

Jim/ Jaster
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 08:03 AM UTC
Hey Bro!
After a couple years of prodding and emailing you teasing photos of some of the great models that these folks do, it is so great to see that you crumbled under the pressure and rejoined the hobby that you showed me when I was a little tike.
When I first found this site there was not that many members as we have today, (I was number 48 - cool number, ehh John?!) but I knew this was the place were I wanted to be. Man, since than more than 3000 modelers have joined in on this site, and I have been growing more and more inspired with each new RRB posting.
Now, if I could just finish one of the seven models I have on the desk!

PS: Your models do look great PvtParts! Welcome back bro! ...and a huge thanks for the resin kit!!!!!!!!
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 10:45 AM UTC
DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU DO?

Yes,and I am very ashamed.I think the modeling police are at the door now.Quick,hide the snap tight kits! #:-)
(++) (++) (++) (++)
Twig
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 167 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 06:07 AM UTC
Same here guys, I love this site. I am currently on 2 weeks holiday and have just checked the net for the first time in a week - the first place I stopped - here! Best atmosphere and best place to go to meet like minded plastic bashers.

Lee
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 06:35 AM UTC
Couldnt agree more Private Parts (luv that name) Im not the best or fastest modeller in the world but these guys only gave good critics I raise my glass to you all dudes. :-)
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 06:39 AM UTC
i agree this place is amazing i left the hobby for 2 years iam back.
there are a lot of great people here.
that give me good adivce when i need it,,
and tin- can is the guy i look up to here
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 07:30 AM UTC
:-) Yep this place is amazing, I class everyone here as a friend. This place is my modelling club. I am also excited about where Armorama is going, I've been here almost a year and seen a few changes and an increase in members, what will another year bring. I wonder, Jim, is this what you expected when you started this?
I very rearly watch TV now, modelling and Armorama. The fact that I have actually finished 16, models (17 tomorrow) since the beginning of the year, 5 of those from scratch, is down to encouragement found here. THANKS :-)
Mal
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 04:42 AM UTC
Thanks for the kind words and the vote of appriciation. I am glad Ken convinced you to join up.

Cheers,
Jim
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,314 Posts
KitMaker Network: 185 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 05:43 AM UTC
I have to agree with everything said above.

I knew I was "hooked" on Armorama when for the first time and for whatever reason, the site was down or I could not connect -------I literally broke out in a sweat (lol)-----maybe not quite that bad, but seriously, this place is my first, and last stop, every day.

Beautiful model pics, unlimited store house of information, wonderful people in chat----everybody wins here!!!

As others have mentioned ---"kudo's" to Da Jim.

Steve
 _GOTOTOP