_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Forgive Me
Chappy_ju87
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 146 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 09:15 AM UTC
Forgive me for I have sinned....I cleaned the bench AND the model room today
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 09:22 AM UTC
Well, time to confess!
I´ve sinned too! As a matter of fact, I do it all the time, since I do my models in the kitchen table
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 649 Posts
KitMaker Network: 261 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 09:30 AM UTC
OK, Chappy,
What did you find that you thought you had lost?
Did you vacuum? I always put an old pair of my wifes pantyhose over the end of the vacuum hose. Amazing what you can find. Even "tweezer launch" parts...LOL
E23C
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 09:50 AM UTC
Cleaned the Model room!!! Oh no!! We once I am done this Tamiya Cromwell my model room will be getting a good sorting out,I am having trouble seeing the top of the work bench for all the paints,tools and little bits of Evergreen styrene that are lying around! LOL all model rooms need a cleaning once in a while.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 09:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow! Then I guess I REALLY need to confess. I'm not cleaning either of those things. What I am doing is completely REMODELING my Study/Model room!!!
All this thanks to Gunnie...
Yes. He has indeed not only succeeded in shameing me, but also supercharging me into a much better, more focused, and more dedicated modeler. I will not hesistate to say that he has had a significant affect on my usual, rather 'plodding' style of modeling. I will forever be grateful to him for the fire he has lit. But on the other hand I am as equally angry with him for loading even more on my plate of 'things to get done'!

Tread.

:::::::::::said in a whisper::::::::::::...I'm enjoying every minute of it!...
Chappy_ju87
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 146 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 10:01 AM UTC
I even cleaned up all the beer bottles and beer caps
My next project involves alot of PE and I figured I would try to keep the cussing down to a minimum by not having to look for all of the tweezer launch parts in between cigarette ashes, beer caps, melted sprue, sandpaper, bottles of paint, plastic shavings, play-doh chunks (from the kid) and an ungodly amount of used toothpicks....
And besides, I like to start fresh after completing a model....yes I did finish one but Jim put it in the "On the workbench" album(No big deal). Its an Abrams by Tamiya
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 10:23 AM UTC
I too am guilty of cleaning the bench!
You know what that means...new project. Hmmm, which to start next?
Now if I could just get ahold of a camera.
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 10:51 AM UTC
I usually keep a pretty tidy work area. I've got 3 layers of cardboard and a newspaper section between the top of my workspace and the table. I'd get yelled at if I should spill something on the table. Normally I'm a neat freak. Or you can call me a control freak, or, like my mom says, a perfectionist. Hmmm, I was never called that before I started building models...

YodaMan
Go Red Wings!!!
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 07:41 PM UTC
I also cleaned my modeling space, but you won't believe what I found!!! The 24th bomb that goes on the F-16 !!!!! Yes, I finally found the missing bomb. I knew the cat didn't eat it. Now I can paint it and add it to the plane.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 10:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Wow! Then I guess I REALLY need to confess. I'm not cleaning either of those things. What I am doing is completely REMODELING my Study/Model room!!!
All this thanks to Gunnie...
Yes. He has indeed not only succeeded in shameing me, but also supercharging me into a much better, more focused, and more dedicated modeler. I will not hesistate to say that he has had a significant affect on my usual, rather 'plodding' style of modeling. I will forever be grateful to him for the fire he has lit. But on the other hand I am as equally angry with him for loading even more on my plate of 'things to get done'!

Tread.

:::::::::::said in a whisper::::::::::::...I'm enjoying every minute of it!...

Ahh - then I indeed have accomplished my mission :-)

Your progress must be rewarded - only light modeling tonight - then you must break and watch the Sharks-Avalanche Game4. Game3 was the BEST hockey game I've ever seen - eventhough the damn ESPN-casters are really homers for the Av's. It was up & down, back & forth, thrills, chills, spills, fights, cheats, fast pucks movements, wild skating, and some of the softest shooting I've ever seen. If every hockey game was like that one...

Gunnie
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 10:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

OK, Chappy,
What did you find that you thought you had lost?
Did you vacuum? I always put an old pair of my wifes pantyhose over the end of the vacuum hose. Amazing what you can find. Even "tweezer launch" parts...LOL

Ron,
What an excellent idea! The tip of the week!
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 11:02 PM UTC
All who favor the creation of an NHL Playoffs forum in the 'Junk Drawer' category, say 'aye'.

AYE

YodaMan
Go Red Wings!!!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 11:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

All who favor the creation of an NHL Playoffs forum in the 'Junk Drawer' category, say 'aye'.

AYE

YodaMan
Go Red Wings!!!

AYE AYE

Gunnie
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 09:24 AM UTC
Who needs hockey? I had a tornado about a mile away about an hour ago and thought the whole house might get cleaned ... from the face of the earth! Cable's still out, power's on, phone and DSL's on ... forgive me for checking the National Weather Service before coming to Armorama.

I did a thorough cleaning of the bench area a couple weeks ago and found a few goodies I'd stashed away from the Household Chief of Staff (She Who Must Be Obeyed, for you non-military types), plus a couple missing parts. Sometimes cleaning is good.

BTW, for those who must know, I had the keys, the money, the cards, the smokes, a six-pack and a flashlight in hand -- and was trying to figure out how to evacuate four cats and 110-pound dog to the shelter -- then the thought went through my mind to try to save a few models ... Like a wise man once said, "There's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness."

Spring is never boring in the Land of Ahs ...
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 10:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

.......... "There's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness."......... ...

Now THERE'S a subject title for the Forum's by God!!!

Tread.

BTW Hollowpoint, glad to hear your local weather didn't turn you into 'Dorothy'...
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 11:27 AM UTC
Man Hollowpoint, glad to hear you're safe!

Quoted Text

GO RED WINGS !!!!
HEYYYYYYY......wait a minute! Who's been missing around with my 'Personal Signature' box!?!

....Was that you Yoda Man????? ;-( ;-( :-(

Good in you, there still is. Reject the Dark Side you still can.
Hope for you, there still is.

YodaMan
Go Red Wings!!!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 10:36 PM UTC
Good the hear you're okay too Hollowpoint! Living in the Land of Earthquakes isn't quite the same as life in Tornado Alley...

Gunnie
Phantom
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 195 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 11:28 PM UTC
I'm on the other side of town from you Hollowpoint (North Oak & I-152), it was a little scary wasn't it? I've lived in Missouri for most of my 32 years, and I think I've only heard the sirens go off two or three times. We had a tornado touch down about 10 miles north in Smithville last night.

I only had a four-year-old and two-cats to move to the basement - and the models live under the basement steps, they were probably better protected than we were!

Glad to hear you made it through okay!!

-Paul
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 11:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

it was a little scary wasn't it?

Well, it was a quite interesting (I used to work in a prison -- I know what being REALLY scared is like). It looks like there were at least two twisters within a mile or so of me last night. When I went into work at the fort this morning, I was surprised at the damage there. Trees down everywhere. A few plots will be opening in the national cemetery, as many large trees will have to be removed. Some of the folks I know on post lost stuff that blew away, had vehicles damaged by trees and other blown junk, even rescued a few folks out cycling, running or otherwise recreating in the outdoors.Tough night, but no one was hurt or killed.
tazz3
Visit this Community
entire network: 62 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 12:02 PM UTC
Well i clean my work desk also cause it gets dusty, mine is in the basement,.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 07:24 PM UTC
They had Tornados all around us last night Tulsa area none here. Last big one wiped out the truck stop at Catoosa. And about a few years back took out the mall In Stroud.Kind of wild around here in spring
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 602 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 12:30 PM UTC
you will all be shot at dawn!

Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 09:20 PM UTC
Let's see: Cleaning the Model table.Hmmmmmmm. Well, Since I live in a two bed room Apt and I use the second bedroom as my hobby room. I kind of have to clean the table every time I start a new project. Sometimes even whilest in the middle of one already under way. I do not have a whole lot of space to work in as is. So I keep very careful track of every little part of each project OR AT LEAST I try to anyway. But I still manage to loose some parts occassionally. When I finish the Spitfire that I am currently working on, (which I plan on completing by the end of this week) I intend to re-clean and vacum the area. Ant then take a few days break before starting on a Fw-190/F-8 project. YES I do build Armor. But I am currently involved with a number of A/C projects. I have the Merk-III kit that I mentioned yesterday and a couple WW-2 Tamiya German Armor kits also waiting in the wings. I plan on starting in on these kit's by early Fall Sept ot Oct.!!

DAGGER -1 : When Science Fail's, Brute Force Win's
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 03:53 AM UTC
forgive me for i have sinned............. i do my model building in my underwear
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 06:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

forgive me for i have sinned............. i do my model building in my underwear

Pak, I sincerely hope you will not send any pics of you at your workbench to the gallery...

Mario M.

_GOTOTOP