History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
WWII Question
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 01:14 AM UTC
What if the Axis and Soviet joined forces vs. the Allies during WWII?
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 6,149 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,551 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 01:24 AM UTC
Wow! There is a speculative question beyond imagination. I am going to think on that and get back to you. Great question.
DJ
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 10:27 AM UTC
Honestly I dont think they would have because the Germans and Russians hated each other with a passion. Thats a big reason why Hitler broke his treaty with them. Also the Japs and Russians had a long, bitter relationship with each other much like the Germans. So I really dont think that with Stalin as leader of Russia and Hitler of Nazi Germany, there would have not been longer friendships between the Axis powers.
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 12:52 PM UTC
Let's forget for a moment about the fact that Hitler and Stalin hated each other's guts. I think that if Germany and Russia joined forces the rest of the world would have been in big trouble. I don't think the Allies would have been able to defeat both of them in a straight out fight. I do believe that atomic bomb would have been used much sooner than it was and it would not have been against Japan.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 07:51 PM UTC
They certainly would have ended Great Britains freedom, we probably would have stayed out of it letting it remain a European thing. Brit Navy would have gone to Canada and we could have kept an ocean btwn us
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 10:37 AM UTC
Or what if we had done what Patton wanted to do and keep marching east to Moscow. The man was a visionary.

Patrick
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 11:56 AM UTC
Maybe it would of been the end of WW2, and then WW3 would of started with us, Mexico, and Canada, and Cloumbia of course (for their anesthetics). We would of gone to the gates of Moscow, knocked, and delivered a large nuclear pizza, with anchovies of course!

~Chip
Noodles
Visit this Community
Cork, Ireland
entire network: 75 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 07:55 AM UTC
Bye bye free world!!!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I do believe that atomic bomb would have been used much sooner than it was and it would not have been against Japan.

I may be wrong...

But I don't think the atomic bomb could have been used much sooner than it was. The development was frantic because of the fear of a Nazi bomb and, from what I've read, it was used in action as soon as possibe after the first test...

Of course, if there had been a Nazi/Soviet alliance, the whole of Europe would almost certainly have been conquered and America may well have found herself completely isolated in 1941. Without the input from Britain there may never have been a Manhatton Project...

All the best

Rowan