_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Roll Models - 2-3 weeks before item ships?
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,794 Posts
KitMaker Network: 304 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 12:35 AM UTC
Hi everyone,

I placed an order with Roll Models yesterday (for both Waldron Punch sets) and received a confrmation by email that stated:

"Thank you for your order! It is usually 2-3 weeks before an order is ready to ship"

Two to three weeks BEFORE the order is even ready to ship??

To say that I was surprised is an understatement! I know some of us have been spoiled by the likes of Spruebros, etc., but to have to wait 2-3 weeks before the order is actually ready to ship, wow! (specially considering I'm in the states)

Anyway, I wanted to ask those who have ordered from them before, dit it really take this long for them to send stuff? I ask because I was hoping to get the sets at least by the end of next week (really need to get my s.F.H. 18 howitzer going) but now I guess I'll have to wait for a whole month before I even get the chance.

Thanks,

Rob
sfctur1
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 643 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 03:26 AM UTC
I have done a few orders through them. Prices are great but shipping times are slow. It usually takes at least two weeks before you get anything.
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,794 Posts
KitMaker Network: 304 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 05:39 AM UTC
Thanks for your reply, Thomas.

Yep, prices were nice! Two weeks should be more manageable than almost a whole month.

Thanks much!

Rob

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 09:49 AM UTC
If my history with Roll Models holds true, you'll be waiting for at least two weeks.
Of course if it's on hand, and since Roll took over Waldron Products a few years ago, you may get the punches quicker. But I wouldn't hold my breath, or pace the floor waiting for the package.
tbljones
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 12:24 PM UTC
I deal with Roll quite a bit but they do ship slowly. I generally use Sprue Brothers who's shipping is like light speed generally getting my purchases to me within 3 days of placing the order.

I normally receive my items from Roll in about 2 weeks but the last time I ordered (about 60 days ago) I waited the full 3 weeks and still hadnt heard a thing other than my order was being processed.

I emailed after 23 days and they responded it had been shipped . I recieved the package 2 days later. So it took 25 days to get my shipment which was the longest I everr had to wait to recieve anything from Roll.

I assume the 3 week clause is to cover any out of stock issues they may have. This allows them time to contact their distributor and get the items shipped out to the customer before he or she begins pelting them with emails about were their order is..

I will use them again but only if I cannot find the item somewhere else. I think in 2009 three weeks is way to long to process and ship and order. I am willing to pay a few extra dollars for the item to receive it much quicker.

That said they service is fine and I have never had an issue with quality or missing items .

I just prefer faster shipping .

Brian
discordian
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 239 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 08:56 AM UTC
wow. I wish I read this thread before placing an order.
But I just did and got the email saying 2-3 weeks.
I'm not happy about that because I order on-line for speed.
I'm about to cancel the order and go elsewhere.
mzaborsk
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 116 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 09:43 AM UTC
What we all have in common in that we live in the United States the companies are in Europe and slow to respond to our orders... we all suffer ... I would like to do business U Models for some Land wasser things but...You can't get and answer when you send E mails to these places .... What can we do? MK 35 in France is the only company who has responded to e mails the next day !

Michael

md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 11:02 AM UTC
I met John when I lived in Minneapolis. In Roll's defense, it's really more of a mom and pop type of operation than Squadron or Great Models. I know that several members of the local IPMS group drop by on weekends to help with the pulling, packing and shipping. I suspect that to keep those prices low, he carries a lean inventory and orders in what you ordered that he didn't have. Thus the longer than desired lead times.

Just my .02
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 146 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 10:20 AM UTC
got the same message for an order i placed this afternoon. but it's not likely i'm going to run out of things to build before it gets here!
davsam28
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 95 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 06:34 PM UTC
wow i am not happy either that i have to wait that long for punch sets !! i just ordered the 2 waldron sets today and i have to wait two to three weeks ! that is o.k as long as they actually ship the stuff! in my defense though i read the shipping policy and no where did it say they would wait 2-3 weeks to ship wouldnt it be more better for customer rapport to be honest and mention that?? wow for 150.00 i would expect better
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 07:06 PM UTC
I placed an order today abnd saw the message. I thought it was just a cover our butt thing, but after reading this, I know not to look for my thngs in a week. Well, I was just getting some extras for future builds, so I am not in any rush,
davsam28
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 95 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 12:13 PM UTC
Hello all i have contacted the company and they were very nice and advised me my order went to be shipped today they were very friendly and they always tell you the 2-3 wks info so they have time to get some items in and prepare for them for shipping ! i will have no problems going back to them again
 _GOTOTOP