_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
having a problem uploading photos ..
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
entire network: 5,609 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 03:55 AM UTC
Hi all ..

First posted this in the wrong place .. hopefully I will get an answer here..

Uploading photos to my account seems to be a infected by random menu change. A few days ago I had to choose from a pull down menu, where my galleries a stated as: "alpha_tango: Postman" (e.g.).

then this changed that I had to choose the gallery from a second pull down menu ..

and now I cannot upload to my own account

I have done this in the past and half way know how to do it ...

I am logged in, my quota is at about 50%, I do not see "Members galleries" in the pull down menue and there is no second pull down menue for my galleries

Staff Jim or who ever is in charge at the moment, please advise how to upload pics to one of my galleries. I already had posted pic to the avatar folder (accidently) ... and I am not the only one .. when I chose nothing the pix were uploaded to my home directory in the past

Many thanks

kind regards

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 09:38 AM UTC
Anyone???
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 10:11 AM UTC
Steffen I have no drop down menus in my gallery or to get to my gallery, so I am a little confused.
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 10:34 AM UTC
Hi Darren

The drop down menue appears when you want to upload photos --- no matter what way you use to get there (there are several) you have to chose here where to upload your photos.

The problem is that I cannot see "Member Galleries" in the upper pull down and the 2nd drop down is not visible at all ... the two fields where your big arrow is in your "how to":

Thank you

cheers

Steffen

muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 78 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 10:41 AM UTC
Hello
I seem to have a problem as well .I wanted to put the pictures into my own albums but could not pull them up. the only way that I could upload pictures was to put them into my workbench otherwise it comes up with my avartar as the only choice for me to put my pictures. or other links to campaigns etc.
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 10:45 AM UTC
Hi Shaun

that is exactly my problem!! It was o.k until saturday (with changing menus) but i could upload pix to my gallery .. now I cannot (I also cannot move the pix to my gallery .. I tried as i accidently uploaded it to "My Avatar")

cheers

Stzeffen
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 11:40 AM UTC
Steffen try following this and let me know if it resolves your problem.
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 11:59 AM UTC
Err Darren

please have a look a few posts above ... I quoted one of your pictures to try to explain what is going wrong. I am no newbie. Of course this does not save me from making basic errors ....

I uploaded this to "My avatar" as i have no writing acces to my own space:

you see, my frontend is different from yours

I would be really glad if someone could come up with a solution that is not assuming I am a complete idiot (which might be true anyway) ..

Thank you for trying to help!

I better go to bed now and see if it is just gone tomorrow

all the best

Steffen
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 12:18 PM UTC
I am sorry Steffen I was not trying to say you are a noob, I was trying to work out at what stage everything goes pear shaped. All I can suggest is you sent an E-mail to Jim via the contact us tab. Sorry I could not be more help.
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 08:13 PM UTC
Hello Darren

I do appologize! I did and do not want to insult you and I am grateful that at least one person was trying to help!

It is just that I was trying the whole day to get that darn thing to work and it just refused to do as I know it from the past.

all the best

Steffen
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 11:26 PM UTC
No worries Steffen I do understand how frustrating it can be when something refuses to do as it's told, after all I am married with a 14 year old daughter.
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 11:41 PM UTC
Hi Darren

I am glad i did no harm! .. I already upset several people here unintentionally .. maybe it's because I'm German

I just noticed a sql Warning on my upload page, maybe that is helpful for finding the problem:

Quoted Text

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/kitmaker/gallery/pp-inc.php on line 2640

as you can assume still no joy. I hope Mr. Starkweather has a solution ...

all the best

Steffen
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 01:26 AM UTC
I have thought of another possible problem that is causing this problem, is it possible you accidentally went to upload a file that was unedited IE very large? I ask as I know some staff hit problems with this after missing a large file and trying to upload it caused the gallery to keep trying to upload it and timing out every time they went to do any work. If this sounds like a possibility only Staff Jim can fix it for you.
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 01:51 AM UTC
Hi Darren

I do not think so .. I wanted to upload 4 files at once ... but already then I could not choose my home directory (here at kitmaker). My files are usually 800px wide and have about 50-150k each.

As I wrote I think that I am not the only one .. I saw more pix at "My Avatar" that are definitely no avatars. And Shaun's reply supported my feeling. It must be some sequel stuff but only a few are effected.

I already thought it was some kind of quota error as I am now at about 5MB which was the max space the last time I ran into upload problems (but then I got an appropriate error message) Now I have 10MB space I do not know when this changed (from 5 to 10) but maybe there occurred some kind of mistake then???

Totally fishing in the dark here as I do not know anything about the data base. I hope Mr. Starkweather can have a look into this in a not too distant future.

thanks again

cheers

Steffen
jrrivc
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 207 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 08:50 AM UTC

Darren,
I am having the same problem as Steffen. Ican not get any uploads to my photos or albums. When the drop down menu shows up to select where you want your photos to go to there is no MY Gallery option , I've uploaded pictures here before and had no problem. they used to have an option to send to my albums, which no longer is available. Have they changed? Any info would be appreciated, thanks

frank jrrivc
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 09:31 AM UTC
Nothing has been changed that I know of. Have either of you fired off a message to Jim?
jrrivc
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 207 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 09:40 AM UTC
Will do , thanks Darren

frank
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 09:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nothing has been changed that I know of. Have either of you fired off a message to Jim?

Yes I wrote it this morning (10:48 GMT +1)

hope he finds the time to have a look..

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 12:37 AM UTC
Bump!

I got no response from the big boss.

Problem still exists

greets

Steffen.
CMOT
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 01:04 AM UTC
I have raised your problem in the staff forum as well, Jim has very limited time and I am sure will be in touch or fix the issue ASAP.
Henk
Visit this Community
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 02:12 AM UTC
I used checked, and in my upload page I do have the drop down menu.

As a work around, can you open the specific gallery that you want to upload a photo to, and upload it direct?

Henk
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 03:12 AM UTC
Thank you Darren!

@Henk: I cannot see my home directory ("My gallery") and also not my sub galleries. I have uploaded above picture to "My avatar". So I can upload .. but I cannot access my "dedicated space". I will not post into some campaign or other special (like MoM) galleries.

all the best

Steffen
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 03:42 AM UTC
Henk/Darren,
The problem doesn't effect staff, but I tried uploading a pic on my daughters profile, and the problem is that no matter how you try to upload a pic, even going through the album upload picture, the "Choose a category to upload your images to. Pick a category that relates most to your image(s)." drop down menu only shows "Your Avatar", and various campaigns and MoM contests.
There isn't even the option of the drop down menu for "or if you would prefer to upload to one of your albums, select one here".
I'm sure Jim is aware of the problem and is sorting it out, as i did see something in the staff forum about member albums.
Andy
Henk
Visit this Community
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 03:59 AM UTC
@Henk: I cannot see my home directory ("My gallery") and also not my sub galleries. I have uploaded above picture to "My avatar".

So you can't even go to your gallery if you click on the 'Photos' button under your Name, at the top of your post?
Perhaps a cookie or other setting has gone wrong, and needs to be reset. Have you tried to clear your cache, or log out and in again? Sorry if you already have, just trying to think of some option that don't need Jim S to get involved in the coding of the site.. (hmm, i was going to insert a smiley here, but they don't seem to work, as neither do the html tags..)

Henk
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 04:13 AM UTC
Hello Henk

I can see my photos but when I want to upload stuff (no matter which of the many ways I use !!! ) I always end up on the page that I posted above and here I cannot choose my galleries. I am trying for some days now .... cache is cleared on shutdown .. believe me i would not post in user help desk if I can imagine a thing that I could do ....

so you see there is no work around if you have one bottleneck that you must pass but is not working properly. ( I do not mean Mr. Starkweather here, as I think he does a good job on the site)

Thanks for trying to help but assuming the sql warning means something there is no choice but to wait for the dbadmin to do his magic ...

Andy; many thanks to you too

all the best

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP