TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Has anybody seen Matrix Reloaded yet?
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 292 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 04:49 PM UTC
Some people hate spoilers, but I love spoiling!

Anyways this has been up in the theaters for long enough:

-------------------------------------

Neo and the Architect

A: Hello Neo.

N: Who are you?

A: I am the Architect. I created the Matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions and though the process has altered your conscience, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

N: Why am I here?

A: Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly which, despite my sincerest efforts, I've been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden acidulously avoided it is not unexpected and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

N: You haven't answered my question.

A: Quite right. Interesting - that was quicker than the others.

N: Others, how many?

A: The Matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version. There are only two possible explanations.

N: There were five ones before me. Either no one told me...

A: Or no one knows. Precisely, as you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly is systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations. The program is choice. The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect. It was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it, based on your history, to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by another, an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the Matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.

N: The Oracle?

A: Please. As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99% of all test subjects accepted the program as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at an unconscious level. While this answered function it was obviously fundamentally flawed, because creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly that if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Ergo, those that refuse the program, while a minority if left unchecked would constitute an escalating probability of disaster.

N: This is about Zion.

A: You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant terminated its entire existence eradicated.

N: Bullshit.

A: Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it and we have become exceedingly efficient at it. The function of The One is now to return to the source allowing a temporary decimation of the code you carry reinserting the prime program, after which you will be required to select from the Matrix twenty-three individuals, sixteen females, seven males to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the Matrix which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

N: You won't let it happen. You can't. You need human beings to survive.

A: There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world. It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were by design based on a similar predication a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific, vis-a-vis, love.

N: Trinity.

A: She entered the Matrix to save your life at the cost of her own. Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherin the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed and the anomaly revealed as both beginning and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the source and the salvation of Zion. The door to your left leads back to the Matrix, to her and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you are going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors signal the onset of an emotion designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason, an emotion that is already blinding you from the simple and obvious truth - she is going to die and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.

N: If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again.

A: We won't.
stufer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 416 Posts
KitMaker Network: 59 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 12:07 AM UTC
blimey,that was almost as long as sitting thru the end credits of Reloaded for 10 mins,only to find out the trailer for revolution lasts 30 seconds!!at least we weren't the only ones in the cinema to do so.It's true,there is a LOT of worthy dialogue at the start and end of the film,and that Zion looks more like the Glastonbury Festival but I enjoyed it,and yes will be buying it when its inevitably released on dvd before revolution hits the screens.REMEMBER its only a movie its only a movie its only a movie
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2003 - 04:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

blimey,that was almost as long as sitting thru the end credits of Reloaded for 10 mins,only to find out the trailer for revolution lasts 30 seconds!!at least we weren't the only ones in the cinema to do so.It's true,there is a LOT of worthy dialogue at the start and end of the film,and that Zion looks more like the Glastonbury Festival but I enjoyed it,and yes will be buying it when its inevitably released on dvd before revolution hits the screens.REMEMBER its only a movie its only a movie its only a movie

Better that than sit through The Dreamcatcher for an hour and a half just to watch "The Final Flight of the Osiris". Dreamcatcher is... well, crap.

Just finished downloading "The Animatrix". Funny, I felt these 9 cartoons were actually better than Reloaded
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2003 - 04:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Better that than sit through The Dreamcatcher for an hour and a half just to watch "The Final Flight of the Osiris". Dreamcatcher is... well, crap.

Just finished downloading "The Animatrix". Funny, I felt these 9 cartoons were actually better than Reloaded
User_789
Visit this Community
Sweden
entire network: 476 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2003 - 01:45 AM UTC
First time I saw this it was quite confusing... The subtitle on the cinema was wrong translated, I think. The english is quite "hard" in this scene, don't you think so?
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 05:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think. The english is quite "hard" in this scene, don't you think so?

Don't feel badly Aragorn. This scene probably confused the heck out of those who's primary language is English. #:-)
jejack2
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 322 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 - 09:13 AM UTC
I guess I'll post my 2 cents worth also........and beat a dead horse....

Saw it, expected way more! Was greatly disappointed. Don't get me wrong action and the special effects were descent. my complaints.

Where we the kickass gunbattles from the first one?? (highway scene aside) Too much martial arts.

I swear I found inconsistencies in the plot from the previous one....and big holes in the plot also....(might be my imagination) I got in argument after argument with this "sci-fi" guy I work with.....about how the Animatrix releases are supposed to fill in the holes.....(doesn't make sense to come out after the movie...but whatever)

And lastly.....is Cadillac trying to appeal to a younger crowd..........cuz that is what I got from the highway scene....I mean props to them for getting their vehicles in the movie...but come on....

I just feel that they made the 2nd (and eventually 3rd) as a result of the response to the first movie (someone is going to say they had always planned for that, but I still feel the way I do.)

so much for 2 cents worth...more like $2 anyway....

j