Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Our Fropiles
buck
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 01:56 AM UTC
Welcome aboard, CSMeekai & cbrain! Glad to have you on board!
cbrain21
Visit this Community
entire network: 151 Posts
KitMaker Network: 141 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cbrain: Hehehe like the handle (computer virus' name hehehe). BTW, am curious, how'd you stumble into Armorama?

Yep, it's the virus alright! ehehehe.... Well, I stumbled onto Armorama through Pinoy Exchange's Model Kit Hobbyist thread. I casually post in the Electronic Gaming or Pit Stop section.
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:27 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Raymond and Michelle.. Its good you guys discovered Armorama..
Hey CBrain, a fellow Thomasian here.. grad from CAFA, how's UST? bumubaha pa rin ba sa Espana?
Let me see, it's 3 gals I know who's into this hobby Nats(JMN), Sarah Nicholas(wifey of Jojo Nicholas). Bet Bull knows her and CSMekkai..
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 160 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 01:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

aaaaaaargh! we got a female on board!!?!??! hmmmm w8t bka its only in the name coz i have a friend whose name was "mario michelle"

wow this is the first tym ive heard the female species are also into this hobby....of ors with the exception of that gAL at JMN....natalie...i think

who got you into this hobby Michelle??

I've always been fascinated by planes... a frustrated pilot... became an ece hoping i could work at the tower while having flight hours, but then, i ended up somewhere else.

1 of my uncles used to build airplane models out of matchboxes... and another would make them out of model kits, put some sorta mechanism so it becomes more interesting.

GIBeregovoy... it's 3X3..... X3, forget about the last multiplier if you want to know how old i am mentally! hehehe

heard about armorama from my friends, but i never looked it up. then i saw it in PEx... and a friend pointed out that there is this All-Filipino Forum... so, here i am! i have been lurking among the threads for some time before i actually started posting. hehe.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 01:20 PM UTC
Welcome to the new members!

Quoted Text

Uh oh, SR's hormones will be going ballistic when he finds out... #:-)

Nawala lang ako nang isang araw eh!

CSMeekai, parehas pala tayo ng interest eh. Adik din ako sa planes. I really love the Harrier. Do you? :-) ECE ka rin pala! Hahahaha. Were on the same course, after ko matapos tong ECE I'll take up aviation to be liscenced pilot and I'll buy meself a real AV-8B. Cool (Damn! Where will I get that $50M USD? )
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 01:27 PM UTC
hello, sr! i'm stuck with F-14s... although they are being shelved already, guess i just can't outgrow them. #:-) rediscovering this craft still feels kinda new.... i feel the best way to do it is to revisit my old all-time favorite plane. hehehe
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 01:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hello, sr! i'm stuck with F-14s... although they are being shelved already, guess i just can't outgrow them. #:-) rediscovering this craft still feels kinda new.... i feel the best way to do it is to revisit my old all-time favorite plane. hehehe

Ahhh!!! The mighty Cat! Yeah! Fav ko rin yan but not as much as the AV-8B. Actually dahil sa adik ako nyan, nagpabili ako ng 3 Hasegawa F-14A's (Pacific Fleet, Atlantic Fleet, Black Knights) and corresponding Eduard PE sets sa US in my attemp to superdetail them! Hahahaha. As of now, may stocked F-14D ako dito. Siguro gagawin ko lang to out of the box muna in preparation of the superdetailed one. BTW, patingin naman ng mga works mo! :-)
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 02:20 PM UTC
binubuo ko pa lang. hehehe. the other planes were among those that have been attacked by the vicious little critters that i mentioned in my first post.
rysorne
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 115 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 03:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Ahhh!!! The mighty Cat! Yeah! Fav ko rin yan but not as much as the AV-8B. Actually dahil sa adik ako nyan, nagpabili ako ng 3 Hasegawa F-14A's (Pacific Fleet, Atlantic Fleet, Black Knights) and corresponding Eduard PE sets sa US in my attemp to superdetail them! Hahahaha. As of now, may stocked F-14D ako dito. Siguro gagawin ko lang to out of the box muna in preparation of the superdetailed one. BTW, patingin naman ng mga works mo! :-)

SR I have 2 unbuilt F-14 both Hasegawa in 72 scale Pacific & Atlantic fleet this is one of the best of Hasegawa w/ 2 sets of PE, 4 sets of optional decals (Pacific Fleet), well detailed, recessed panel lines & 199 pcs. That's why I bought 2 sets, galeng talaga, bilib ako sa model na to.
Welcome to our new members Michelle & Raymond at may muse n pla tayo & I think first Pinoy lady aircraft modeller.
cbrain21
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome aboard Raymond and Michelle.. Its good you guys discovered Armorama..
Hey CBrain, a fellow Thomasian here.. grad from CAFA, how's UST? bumubaha pa rin ba sa Espana?

Haven't been to ol' UST for quite some time now. Baha? Dunno, the whole time I went to college hindi naman ako binaha dun. Pang-umaga e. ehehehe.

Speaking of favorite aircrafts.... ako naman favorite ko is the F-16 "fly-by-wire" Falcon.... and the butt-ugly A-10 Thunderbolt / Warthog.
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome CSMeekai & cbrain. The Tomcats will eventually be phased out. They're even being made into museum pieces. See this one aboard the USS Intrepid, an aircraft carrier converted to a museum in NY harbor.

And here's an AV-8 too SR.

CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:31 PM UTC
ei... cardinal! nice background! i'm drooling! hehehe...
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:49 PM UTC
Hi Michelle. Are you from Iloilo City? I'm from Iloilo too. Are you a model aircraft enthusiast too?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 06:02 PM UTC
rysone, 2 sets for 2 ACs? Or 4 sets for 2 ACs? Nahihilo ako.

Quoted Text

binubuo ko pa lang. hehehe. the other planes were among those that have been attacked by the vicious little critters that i mentioned in my first post.

Ayos lang yan! Hehehe. Gayan din nangyari doon sa sweet little Harrier ko dati.

cardinal, sweet little baby!!!!!! I love the craft! Kung may close ups ka sa interior nyan, pakisend naman sa e-mail ko. Ang tagal ko nang nagreresearch sa interior eh.

Swerte naman natin! AC modeler pa yung first lady Pinoy member #:-)
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 06:05 PM UTC
cardinal... ilonggo, puro-puro... bag o ko lang gid nabasa gin post mo sa previous pages... diin kamo sa delgado? tabuc suba ko ya sa jaro. model enthusiast... since i was a kid. stopped when my cousins played with them and broke them. nadudla! hehehe. ubra ka tapus gub on man lang!

nice backgrounds! really! hisa' ko ah! hehehe
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:01 PM UTC
You guys remind me of my college Ilonggo roommates
cbrain21
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:46 PM UTC
jak maawatan, ading...
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 08:01 PM UTC
shak ammo, manong! hehehe... grammatically mali yata sinabi ko!
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 08:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

shak ammo, manong! hehehe... grammatically mali yata sinabi ko!

Aba! Ada ti ilokano! I can understand the dialect to a level na hindi naman ako mabebenta sa Ilocos! haha!

GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 09:25 PM UTC
CSMeekai: Ah... 27... yup, my fuzzy math hehehe

(Enters into Sir David Atenborough mode)

[Sir David Atenborough]Observe, the discourse between CSMeekai and Shonen_Red, on how they have found common ground, from their modeling subject the aeroplane, to more specifically the Tomcat. Observe how Shonen_Red, magically types at his keyboard, hoping, perhaps...[/Sir David Atenborough] #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)

For F-14 enthusiasts, one must-have book is Jon Lake's F-14 Tomcat book which has 1/72 line drawings of the F-14, a two-page spread of a cut-out view of the F-14D, weapons, history, etc. Good book. :-) (and I have it! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Available for loan at P100 per day )
Wanze
Visit this Community
entire network: 277 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 10:30 PM UTC
Welcome to CS Meekai and Cbrain21,

It's great to see that the Filipino contingent is steadily growing at Armorama. Well, guys have fun building and hope to see some of your builds soon.

Wanze
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 10:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

CSMeekai: Ah... 27... yup, my fuzzy math hehehe

(Enters into Sir David Atenborough mode)

[Sir David Atenborough]Observe, the discourse between CSMeekai and Shonen_Red, on how they have found common ground, from their modeling subject the aeroplane, to more specifically the Tomcat. Observe how Shonen_Red, magically types at his keyboard, hoping, perhaps...[/Sir David Atenborough] #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)

For F-14 enthusiasts, one must-have book is Jon Lake's F-14 Tomcat book which has 1/72 line drawings of the F-14, a two-page spread of a cut-out view of the F-14D, weapons, history, etc. Good book. :-) (and I have it! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Available for loan at P100 per day )

Oy minor pa ako considering I'm just 17 :-). About that book, may complete interior images yan?
flex_cs
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hello, sr! i'm stuck with F-14s... although they are being shelved already, guess i just can't outgrow them. rediscovering this craft still feels kinda new.... i feel the best way to do it is to revisit my old all-time favorite plane. hehehe

CS MEEKAI: wow tomcat fan din ako....started to love it after TOP GUN and of course the F-18! what scale do you mostly build?
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 02:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

cardinal... ilonggo, puro-puro... bag o ko lang gid nabasa gin post mo sa previous pages... diin kamo sa delgado? tabuc suba ko ya sa jaro. model enthusiast... since i was a kid. stopped when my cousins played with them and broke them. nadudla! hehehe. ubra ka tapus gub on man lang!

nice backgrounds! really! hisa' ko ah! hehehe

Sa may Delgado St. kami gaistar. Modern armor mostly U.S. ya hilig ko. Same with you since I was a kid, started with Matchbox aircraft models. I like to get around to military museums here whenever I can. The USS Intrepid museum is one that has a good collection of aircrafts from the WW2 Hellcat's to the now retired Concorde. Nice to know an ilongga modeler.

SR: Sorry, no pics of interior. The planes are on display on the flight deck but you can't get on them. I think the only cocpit pictures I have is of the Cobra gunship.
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Aba! Ada ti ilokano! I can understand the dialect to a level na hindi naman ako mabebenta sa Ilocos! haha!

ada ti ilocano ngem saan nga shak.. hehe...

Quoted Text

CS MEEKAI: wow tomcat fan din ako....started to love it after TOP GUN and of course the F-18! what scale do you mostly build?

i just rediscovered the hobby... i'm building an F-14A, 1/144 scale... planning to collect that scale for now until have regained my "skill".