_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Unfinished kits
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 12:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

one storch
one sherman (hey I'll get around to it)
one p-47 (friggin landing gear)
one wespe
and one camel

thats alot more than expected

oh I forgot some

one f-14
one jeep
one hell cat
and one p-40 wow thats alot more than expected
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 12:59 AM UTC
Reading this post is almost like going to therapy. I look at my box of kits waiting to be built, my workbench where the unfinished kits lay about, and my bookcases where the finished kits are destined. Right now the ratio is about 25 to to 0. That's right, 4 months back in the hobby and not one completed kit.

For the record here are the unfinished kits in order of starting.

M3 Lee, finished but waiting on dio base.
LRDG Chevy truck, in quite a few pieces after unfortunate accident.
B-17, finished, thank Goodness, but still have some weathering to do.
Allied commanders kit from Tamiya, mostly I'm practicing on these guys.
Italeris British Tankers, these we planned to go with the LRDG but got put on hold when the wife dropped the LRDG.

Compared to most on here I'm just a rookie.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 11:02 AM UTC
Opening the parts bags(BUSTIN'PLASTIC) is the start for me.I have busted plastic on:
Italeri M-109A6 paladin. holdup,need to see one in the war,so I can mark it accuraterly.
Tamiya Spitfire Mk 1 for the group build,holdup,Ski herc slowdown
DML Karl Morser holdup,Ski herc slowdown.But I do put a few pieces at a time on,so there is micromovement here.
DML Stug IV early Holdup Ski herc slowdown

Italeri C-130 w/ skis The main impediment . I am doing this as a hire job,so it gets the lion's share of my attention.But if I finish something on it that has to dry,I gain bonus time,and can do something on something else.
Hmmm,I have a half hour lunch break at work,I ought to bring something in there to work on.....

#:-) #:-) #:-)
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 11:08 AM UTC
Hooray I actually finished a kit

Hooray I finished a kit The stug 40 F is finished finally the results can be viewed here

I`m really happy and I`m very satisfied with the result

brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 10:55 PM UTC
Wow, excellent job Faust, as you're an experienced kit finisher my next question is....where to put them when finished as every nook and cranny in my house is filled with part built and unopened kits? heh heh :-)
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 01:31 PM UTC
Uhhhh, let's see.......

Tamiya Marder II: Started construction, had some major fit problems, have pretty much given up on this one.

Italeri 234/3: I have the lower hull done, started scratchbuilding an interior, noticed that my scratchbuilding skills suck...threw back in box until I get some skills (which may be never).

Italeri Opel Maultier w/ 20 MM flak: Don't ask, this kit should die.

DML StuG IV early: Pretty much finished construction, added Eduard PE, zimmerit, friul tracks...after spending an insane amount of time constructing, got bored...threw in box.

Italeri Elefant: Phfftt.....trash bin, here it comes.

Italeri Jagdpanther: See StuG IV above, but actually got some paint on this one.

DML Maus: Construction finished, depleted my paint supply in covering the beast...had to stop.

Tamiya generic WW II Japanese tank: Finished building, realized how boring it looked, but managed to get a base-coat on before losing complete interest.

Italeri LAV-25: Finished construction, decided there were too many wheels to paint. Sitting on shelf. (Note to self: probably won't finish 234/3 because it has a lot of wheels too).

Italeri Leopard 2A5: Painted, needs weathering...wait.....let's pretend it just came off the factory floor. Viola!! I have a finished model......

Tamiya Kubelwagen: Added Verlinden update set, sprayed on basecoat, realized it didn't have a gun on it....chucked back in box.

Trumpeteer S-Tank: Painted, needs weathering...hmmmmm factory fresh sounding good again. Would double my finished projects number instantly.

Tamiya Marder III M: A gem of a kit, construced, painted, even started weathering. Might finish this one, just because it would be a sin not to.

Some piece of crap Tie Interceptor model: This model is a complete POS, but if I spent the time masking and painting the gazillion little panels on the "wings", then by God, I am going to finish this one! Hmmm, you know, I've never done a destroyed vehicle before, maybe this is my chance. You notice how in the movie when they are hit, they basically disappear? I think I can handle that.

Well, I think that's about it........
Jock
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 58 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 04:42 PM UTC
I've got these letter trays,as in "IN" and "OUT",and they're stacked.and..well there's a few.I enjoy putting something away for awhile.It's fun to pull out the -------- and attaack it like you finally had the answer to why you stopped it in the first place when really you were just bored.Let's see; the Horch,Opel Blitz,Italeri Deuce(finished the Tammi),Zis3 gun,6pdr.gun,Wespe,Skybow Beep,Sd.Kfz7,SdKfz9,SdKfz10,SdKfz11 and the Tiger.I'll have to buy some Zimmerit for that 'cause I'll never do it myself.JOCK
 _GOTOTOP