TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Favorite war movie scenes
Chappy_ju87
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 146 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 09:44 AM UTC
Saving Pvt. Ryan I will NEVER tire of watching. In my opinion, the best war movie of all time....
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 10:08 AM UTC
I love "Kelly's Heroes" quotes ... our deer hunting camp has survived on them for years! "Laramie! Get my box of medals!"

A few more great war movie moments, most based on dialogue:

"The Beast" when the TC gives his account of how he earned the nickname "Tankboy."

"Full Metal Jacket" -- "Have you walked the walk, or do you just talk the talk..." and shortly after "...these are the finest human beings we'll ever meet..."

"The Longest Day" when Richard Burton, as a Spitfire pilot, tells the American paratrooper his story: "...open from the knee to the crotch...pinned together with safety pins..."

And for you REAL war movie lovers: the silent scene in "84 Charlie Mopic" when they all hit the ground and the NVA walks past. Punji sticks -- OUCH!
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 10:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Penny, I like that scene too. Just wished they'd used a P-47 instead, now those pilots knew how to dig up the dirt.

I agree, or a typhoon.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 08:18 PM UTC
But you gotta use what you can get. At least it wasn't a trainer like a Texan. Same deal with Patton or Battle of the Bulge (and any other 70s war movie), at least they were able to obtain real tanks to use in the movie. You've got to remember that back before computer graphics and dedicated military movie motor pools, the producers were lucky to get an armed force to allow them to use their tanks and trucks or helicopters.
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2002 - 12:27 PM UTC
my favorite combat seen is the russians attack steiner's platoon in Cross of Iron, they blow up a few t-34's and barely escape with their lives. :-)