Go to kitmaker.net for the current dynamic site!
the Armorama Guard is sponsoring a quarterly campaign for young modelers. Through this campaign, they will have the opportunity to build a military model of their choice, post pictures in a special campaign gallery, receive a campaign ribbon, and if voted one of the top three competitors, win special awards.
What is the A-Guard?
The A-Guard is a growing group of Armorama members who support the site through annual subscriptions while sharing ideas and concerns about Armorama and it’s future. After enthusiastic discussion, the A-Guard membership, along with Staff Jim, have decided to sponsor quarterly modeling campaigns to benefit young modelers.
What are the rules, (and other information)?
· This is a quarterly campaign.
· The first campaign starts January 1, 2004 and ends March 31, 2004.
· To sign up, a campaign folder will be set up in the Campaigns section
sometime around the end of December.
· Participating modelers must be 17 and under.
· The participating modeler must be an Armorama member.
· One model submission per participant.
· One category covers all, (i.e. the modeler can build from any of these categories), Armor, Aircraft, Naval, SCI Fi, Figure, or Diorama.
· Any time period
· Any nationality
· The model must be built straight out of the box with no aftermarket items.
· The model does not require a base.
What’s this about awards?
A special campaign gallery will be available for the campaign participants to post pictures of their completed model. At the close of the campaign, Staff Jim will initiate a “vote” system where the general Armorama membership can vote for their three favorite models based on the pictures displayed in the campaign gallery.
The model receiving the most votes receives the 1st place award, the model receiving the second most votes receives the 2nd place award, and the model receiving the third most votes receives the 3rd place award.
The members of the A-Guard will sponsor the following awards.
1st Place Award – a Silver A-Guard Membership, a $20 gift certificate, and a special Campaign Ribbon designated 1st place in their profile. The Silver A-Guard membership, (a $25 value), provides the winner with 25mb of image storage space on Armorama’s PhotoPost image gallery, an A-Guard Silver Team unit identification on the recipient’s user profile and forum postings, inclusion on the Armorama Supporters Roster, and access to the A-Guard Members Forum.
2nd Place Award - a $20 Gift certificate, and the special Campaign Ribbon designated 2nd place in their profile.
3rd Place Award - the special Campaign Ribbon designated 3rd place in their profile.
All modeler’s participating in the campaign, and submitting a completed model will receive a general campaign ribbon.
Who can help us if we have questions before or during the campaign?
Staff Jim has designated the following positions for the first campaign. The A-Guard members named below have volunteered to assist in them.
• Campaign Technical Officer (TO) – “Merlin”, (a.k.a. Rowan) will be responsible for publishing photos, and helping campaign participants with technical issues)
• Campaign Drill instructors (DI's) - These DI’s are advisors to the modelers participating in the campaign. Ask the DI’s advice about modeling techniques, tips, painting, etc. (they’re here to help). The DI’s are:
“Keenan”, (a.k.a. Shaun) – support on all topics.
“Warlock0322”, (a.k.a. Paul) - air/naval/armor support.
“Jrnelson”, (a.k.a. Jeff) - armor support.
“Animal”, (a.k.a. Dave) -softskins & Vietnam era support
• Campaign Commanding Officer (CO) – “WeWillHold”, (a.k.a. Steve) is responsible for the campaign organization.
This is a great opportunity for Armorama’s young modelers to participate in a campaign, sharpen their modeling skills, show off their work, and just plain have some fun. If you have questions at this time, please send a personal mail to
“WeWillHold” for a reply.