_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Where is everybody?
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 03:21 AM UTC
I often wonder when I see such a full roster, where everyone is hiding. Are you looking at research photos? reading the latest reviews? The tough thing about a chat is the desire to remain, and the difficulty to "cut out" Just a thought maybe I should hit the sack, while you guy's are just hitting your prime!

Cpl Jack
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 03:28 AM UTC
Well, I usually surf the web with two explorers open; one of them always at Armorama. But, for your question, I usually look to see what's new in the gallery, and what I missed on the forums overnight (or while I'm at work ). Or, I could be drooling over Gunnie's model gallery......That's the good thing about this site though, there's enough updates that you don't need to spend all your time in forums to keep busy!

YodaMan
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 03:29 AM UTC
Actually Jack, I just happen to have the day off, (getting my wife's Grand Cherokee ready for her drive to Scottsdale, AZ.) Right now I'm jumping back and forth between 'Work' on the computer, and 'Play' on the computer. I often just leave Armorama.com on so that I have a ready reference source available, and a ready source of comrades!
Also, if you'd like to know, I am also right now simultaneously watching the film 'Tora! Tora! Tora!' on the big screen.
Sound O.K. ?

Tread.
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 03:35 AM UTC
I keep Armorama open while at work. Not normally able to chat though.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 04:11 AM UTC
I check in whenever I can mostly to read the forums. There's a lot to be learned that way, and lots of inspiration in the gallery for the next build.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 04:17 AM UTC
I sometimes keep it running in the background while I work.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 04:25 AM UTC
If I'm not at work (like today), I'm another one who keeps Armorama open, while I search around the WWW in another window for all sorts of goodies, checking back to see new posts and the like.

And like others here, I tend to have a few things going on at the same time. Model, web searching, TV or music, wife... .

Why are there only 24 in a day?
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 05:28 AM UTC
I spend most my time in the message boards. I have also been following some of the links lately which leaves this site open in the background while I check the other sites out.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 05:35 AM UTC
:-) So, I guess I'm not the only multi windowed surf commando on the net! Still I do try to stick in a cup of coffee every half hour or so. The problem is that the forums and all are so lively I sometimes get lost in the conterbalance! Whoops didn't notice, guess I picked up another stripe in exchange for bloody finger tips

BMT

Jack
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 05:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Whoops didn't notice, guess I picked up another stripe in exchange for bloody finger tips

BMT

Jack

Way to go Sergeant CaptainJack!

...and no, we're not going through this again...lol
Sabot
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 06:59 AM UTC
I usually post in 3 time periods: I wake up at 5:30 and run the hills here on the air force base. I'm usually done by 6:00 and I then do some cool down exercises, make coffee and go take a shower, get dressed, etc. I then check the latest posts while I enjoy a cup of coffee around 7:00. I leave for work around 7:30 and get there at about 8:00 (25 miles). I usually check my work e-mail and fire up the computer, my keyboard has those programable buttons at the top and I sometimes hit the Armorama button and let it run in the background for the duration of the day. I check posts throughout the day, but really pay attention during lunch (12:00ish). Sometimes you guys send me out on missions to photograph a particular item, and I try to make time for it in the afternoon since it is not as busy. I then go out for a longer run in the afternoon, anytime between 3:00-4:00, these are usually 30-45 minute runs and are 4-5 miles. I shower and then head home. I post once I get home, which depending on traffic is between 5:00-5:30. After dinner at 6:30, I start posting again. After this I start cutting plastic and setting up any spray painting that needs to be done duing the weekend. Rather boring life.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 07:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, I usually surf the web with two explorers open; one of them always at Armorama. But, for your question, I usually look to see what's new in the gallery, and what I missed on the forums overnight (or while I'm at work ). Or, I could be drooling over Gunnie's model gallery......That's the good thing about this site though, there's enough updates that you don't need to spend all your time in forums to keep busy!

YodaMan

I do the same as Master Yoda - I log in, in the morning when I get to work, and run more than one browser window. Sometimes I'm prowling the Gallerys too. I jump in between reports, projects, and phone calls, and I log out when I hit the road for home in the afternoon...

Gunnie
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 07:37 AM UTC
Well guys!
I´m also like to post in the lunch time around 11:30hrs (9:30 in US) and after dinner, around 19:30hrs (17:30hrs in US)......And I like to read all posts, check the updates and always keep my Armorama in the background....
Cheers!
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 07:42 AM UTC
I check in at different times during the day, and read the forums and reviews in the evening. If I see anyone in the mess hall, I stop in and say howdy.
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 10:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

surf commando

WOW!!!! Hey Jim, are you there? You think I could be promoted to that at 1000 posts instead of 'Brigadeer General'? That's a real neato sounding title.... :-)

YodaMan
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 02:04 PM UTC
as i get work every morning, i check my e-mail then log in to armorama.i check the updates and message boards.every time i see at least 4 members and 5 or 6 visitors,but chat rooms are empty in general.maybe,it would be better that higher rank members or volunteer lower ranks can host chat rooms as they are online, to answer visitors questions and to help them in limits.
best regards
Engin Kayral
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 02:09 PM UTC
YM,
If you'd like you can be "Jedi Knight" at 1000 posts.

Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 02:10 PM UTC
Engin,
That's a good idea. It would certainly help out the new users. I just wish the chat system was a lot less buggy than it is. Mac users have it the worst.

Any volunteers?

Thanks,
Jim
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 02:49 PM UTC
:-) Jim can see you missed out on the military adventure. Never never volunteer. Usually when asking a volunterr to step forward, all the guy's in the know take one step back. But then we are modellers after all, a special breed of creatue so who knows? This site is just going from strength to strength. What with lively intelligent conversations, sprinkled with timely reviews, and interspersed with Rob's excellent research work, and kencelot's web address book who'd want to be anywhere else? Armorama rocks!

Jack just woke up and smelled the coffee yowsa! :
P.S. After 2000 posts does when find themself seated at the right hand of the almighty? (joking, joking)
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 11:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

YM,
If you'd like you can be "Jedi Knight" at 1000 posts

Wow! Thanks Jim!!!! I'll try to find a new medal type thingie to put by my rank if it's OK with you. I've got plenty of time to find one though. Maybe I could try to put a little Jedi cloak around my avatar too!!! :-) :-)

YodaMan
Sabot
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 11:45 PM UTC
And what would your Jedi name be? Glu-Gon Yoda?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 - 02:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi-larious!

Gunnie :-)
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 - 05:16 AM UTC
:::seeing everybody step backwards:::

I can volunteer for the "Guest Duty", but it might not be all that interesting since everybody is sleeping, for the most part when I'm on.

Make a "Reception Desk" or something like that??
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2002 - 04:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Amused, I am not.

YodaMan
'Want to upset a 36' inch green Jedi, you do not.'
 _GOTOTOP