TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Spiderman 3... Worst of the bunch?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 07:42 PM UTC
Did anyone else find Spiderman 3 to be downright awful? My wife and I were giving each other exasperating looks within the first 10 minutes when Green Goblin Jr. was bashing Spidey into windows, walls, pipes, etc in a typical 'over the top' special effects show-off scene. I don't know why some special effects houses don't get this but there is a point at which they bend reality to the point that their effects are even MORE embarrassing than circa 1950's stuff.

Oh well... without giving too much of the movie away I guess we can own and watch Spiderman 1 & 2 on DVD and just forget there ever was another sequel. Much as I did for every Superman movie after the first one.

There is still hope for Pirates 3 and Harry Potter 5 I hope....

Cheers,
Jim
Tigerbait
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 347 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 09:46 PM UTC
You have to go into these movies with the mindset that its Hollywood AND its a comic book hero. I myself kind of expect the graphics and 'stunts' to be over the top. That said I haven't seen the new Spidey yet and this comes from a guy who says that the Ninja Turtles finally got justice done to them being animated... so take it for what its worth
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 10:05 PM UTC
I liked the movie, but some of the plot issues seemed to be forced. Like they tried to stuff too much into one movie.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 08:39 AM UTC
My daughter and her boyfriend, who at 20 and a video game junkie is probably the prime demographic for the series, saw it last night and both loved it. I guess they know their audience and know what they like.

Face it Jim, you're rapidly approaching old fart hood.

I also have high hopes for Pirates 3. I love Jack's line from the trailer, "and I owe them all money." I just hope they don't include all the good stuff in the previews.

james_mcdougall_85
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 72 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 10:10 PM UTC
I'm seeing it tonight so hopefully it will meet my expectations, thing is I never saw the 2nd one, i've been sucked into going so I don't know how I will understand it.

Wish me luck

Jamie

mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,593 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 05:31 AM UTC
I've heard both positive and negative appraisals of the film, until I see it i shall hold out on passing comment.
oh and i cant wait for Pirates 3 either.
james_mcdougall_85
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 07:10 PM UTC
I enjoyed it, the budget must of been massive! I don't think that it will be the blockbuster of the summer though cos the trailer for pirates 3 was brilliant, I'll have to go see that one.

Anyway it was a good way to spend a friday night

Jamie
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,998 Posts
KitMaker Network: 257 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 09:10 PM UTC
took my daughter to see it today, i think it was to long and they tried to hard to put to much in.
There was no real time to build the characters because they had to many and the story was so disjointed it became uninteresting compared to the first two this IMHO ruined what could and should have been a good follow up movie, when you consider all the material that is available in print for spiderman the guy(s) who agreed to this being the best available need to be shot.

Ultimately it could ruin the franchise

shame really

Keith Forsyth
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 10:40 AM UTC
I think they were trying to replicate the comic book a little better, by which I mean they were trying to fit as many bad guys as possible. The comic books had a different bad guy to fight in jus about every issue, so that means a new bad guy every 30 minutes.

I have yet to see the film, and I as Mark will refrain from judgement until I have seen it.
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 11,669 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 06:17 PM UTC
Without giving too much away. You will love Pirates 3. If you don't - check your pulse. If you have seen the previews you ain't seen nothing yet!

As for superheros stuff. . . Rise of the Silver Surfer will curl your hair gents. Ladies wear open toed shoes.

Then again I loved Ghost Rider.
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 - 01:08 AM UTC
Took my 15 year old son to see it one Saturday. All he could talk about was Spiderman 3. About half way through he said - "this sucks! Let's go."

Cannot believe the film has grossed over $600 million

james_mcdougall_85
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2007 - 07:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Took my 15 year old son to see it one Saturday. All he could talk about was Spiderman 3. About half way through he said - "this sucks! Let's go."

Cannot believe the film has grossed over $600 million

$600 million!!

I'm in the wrong trade, I should pack up and start making movies if its that easy to make money

Jamie
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 08:07 AM UTC
Personnaly, I didn't really think the movie was horrible. Having said that, it is deffinitely the worst of the three.

Emo spidey just made me wanna puke.
Jezmondo
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 18 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 10:11 AM UTC
IMO, Spiderman 3 wasn't the best - you could take it or leave it of course, but I thought that I had wasted my time on that one.....the new Fantastic Four with The Silver Surfer looks more of a better bet.....