_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Incredible..wonders never cease.......
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 652 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 04:31 AM UTC
My wife, Kerry, is a darling. She is not only understanding with this hobby, but is going to have a go too!!!!
Just got her an OV-10D Bronco. Standing in the model shop when I hear... "Wow, that's a different looking plane, can we build that one soon?" So I bought it and she's gonna do it on her own....well....ish...
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 04:37 AM UTC
Great news, that should be a lot of fun. You could build a wing man for her.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 04:55 AM UTC
Martin, you're very lucky! My wife is a darling too, but she never wanted to get on board...
RichSharpe
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 112 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 04:59 AM UTC
Wow DF. Lucky you! It's nice to share hobbies with your significant other. Maybe one day wou'll be able to tackle a massive project together. Wouldn't that be fun?

Mine is so busy, but I bet she'd be good at it. Being a designer and working with paints and crafty things and all. Maybe later
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 751 Posts
KitMaker Network: 175 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 05:52 AM UTC
I'm jealous dude! My wife is understanding, but she would never in a million years.
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 06:14 AM UTC
Well I kind of like that my wife is not pusruing my hobby. At least we don't have to fight over who gets to use the X-acto knife :-)
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 08:12 AM UTC
my wife is a darling too. When I had trouble making a canvas hood for one of my models she suggested and then made one from a hankercheif. But the glueing and painting - no thanks is all I get when I ask. :-)
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 08:45 AM UTC
Watch her DF....before you know it she an Armoramaddicted too and she'll outrank you if you don't watch your back #:-)

Bronco....Nice kit btw !
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 02:38 PM UTC
DF, you lucky man, you!

I am so jealoused of you. for one thing, I ain't even have a wife......
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 02:59 PM UTC
That's great guy. My wife is very supportive but I can't even imagine her building one herself. The closest she comes is her work area for making stained glass items is right next to mine for making models. At least we can work side by side.

drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 03:04 PM UTC
Careful what you wish for, my life hasn't been the same since my wife discovered e-mail. I have to share the computer all the time, I don't want to share my airbrush. Don't get me wrong, I love doing things with my wife but it is also nice to have things I do by myself to relax and for her to do the same. I think it would be neat for her to try it to see what it is like though.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2003 - 11:01 AM UTC
DF,
All our kids model, cool I think. It would be fun if all of us modelled, but my wife does a lot of crafts n stuff. Our oldest, Jessica, changes sides every once n awhile, more so lately... but then again boys and shopping have taken over for the most part now... she'll start driving later on this year - I know where that one is leading...

Andrew,
I fixed the a/b situation between Danny and me - I gave him my old one and fixed the hoses and stuff so we can airbrush together at the same time...

Halfyank, Welcome to Armorama!!
Glad you found you way here!!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2003 - 05:37 PM UTC
My ex participated with me. Took her to a model show and then to the Squadron OOpen house when we were dating. She boughta model of a proposed spy plane and built it totally on her own. She also loved my favorite TV show Babylon 5 and bought one of the fighter kits and built it. She assisted me with her 350 scale Titanic and with the 2 T-rexs we built for ficticious dioramas. She was going to show hers fighting ancient Samuri, me mine is up against a Panther tank. She still asks what kits I am building and is going to gether current friend to work with her on kits.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2003 - 05:54 PM UTC
cool. ... my wife also is fairly supportave of me having a hobby, as she wants to be crafty.. that is she buys the craft's stuff but mostly never gets around to doing it. .......psssttttttt but don't tell her I said that..............
 _GOTOTOP