_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kiwi Korner
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
nzlav
heavykev
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 04:14 AM UTC
Has anyone thought about trying to build a NZ LAV.

I have been looking at the new Trumpeter Stryker kit and wondering how hard it would be to put a turret on it a convert.

I saw one on the Auckland motorway last week and didn’t realise how big they were.

cheers

Kev
cohiba
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 42 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 05:32 AM UTC
Hi Kev,

Thought about it? Ewan's already built one, surprise surprise:-).

He pretty much just stuck a LAV 25 turret onto the Trumpeter Stryker and added a couple of boxes. Not 100% accurate, but it looks the part. I think its on display in Modelcraft and Hobbies right now. You'll be able to see it at the Nationals if you're coming down.

Cehers
Richard
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 11:14 AM UTC
Thats wicked Richard, Do you know if anyone will be taking photos of the entries? I would be great to seem some photos from the event on armorama.
cohiba
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 42 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 01:54 PM UTC
Andy,

There sure will be some photos taken. But why not come down for the weekend, enter a few models and enjoy one of the greatest scale model shows you're likely to see around these parts.

For those that are members of the Scale Models Wellington IPMS yahoo group you can download the March 2007 issue of the Connections newsletter with Ewan's article and photo of his Stryker/NZLAV conversion...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScaleModelsWellingtonIPMS/files/Connections/

You can also see over 100 photos from the 2005 Scale Models Expo here...

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/ScaleModelsWellingtonIPMS/photos/browse/c8ae

But the bummer is that you need to sign up and be a member of the group to have access.

Cheers
Richard
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 03:37 PM UTC
Man i would really like to come see the scale model show in wellies but its gonna be one expensive trip with the missus and the little man.

Someone please take alot of photos at the event!

I would be eternally grateful if you could submit a report on the show to www.militarymodelling.com as well!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 - 05:19 AM UTC
Or you could submit one here as we have a lot of users Internationally (and in New Zealand) who would enjoy it.

support.kitmaker.net

Thanks for using our site!

Cheers,
Jim
Brigandine
Visit this Community
Dunedin, New Zealand
entire network: 553 Posts
KitMaker Network: 148 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 - 05:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Andy,

There sure will be some photos taken. But why not come down for the weekend, enter a few models and enjoy one of the greatest scale model shows you're likely to see around these parts.

For those that are members of the Scale Models Wellington IPMS yahoo group you can download the March 2007 issue of the Connections newsletter with Ewan's article and photo of his Stryker/NZLAV conversion...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScaleModelsWellingtonIPMS/files/Connections/

You can also see over 100 photos from the 2005 Scale Models Expo here...

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/ScaleModelsWellingtonIPMS/photos/browse/c8ae

But the bummer is that you need to sign up and be a member of the group to have access.

Cheers
Richard

I've signed up ; It's a good site. So is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ipms_dunedin/

Cheers
Jeff W.
chris1
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 949 Posts
KitMaker Network: 129 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 - 11:21 AM UTC
All I can Say is
BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER
I passed 3 or 4 parked at Hatsfields beach last year and no camera
BUGGER

Chris
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 - 08:59 PM UTC
Richard I would love to come down, but I just don't have the spare time at the moment. So many university assignments due. But please take as many photos as you can it will be very much appreciated.
heavykev
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 - 04:38 AM UTC
Richard,
Ewan's built one already, well F*#k me

After a bit of research, found this link on here and theres no way I,M gonna try and do this.

http://armorama.com/forums/97053&page=1

I think I'll wait till someone brings out the kit.
I am going to be building a NZ Army Hilux in Afghanistan

Wont be down for the show but hope it all goes well.
Too broke and too much music to make

cheers
Kev

andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 12:08 PM UTC
For all those interested in a NZLAV model heres one being done over at missing links. NZLAVIII
TANKDUEL
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 105 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 07:05 AM UTC
This 1/16th scale R/C LAV might interest some of you. I don't have one myself yet.
http://www.matotoys.com/canada/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=179

Hi there Kev, it's been a few years since the RC Tank Club made an appearance at IPMS , let me know if you guys would like to do something again.
Nev
DAR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 250 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:20 AM UTC
Hi All
Is there any decals available for NZLAVs? I need something for my Real Model conversion as there's nothing supplied in the box.

TIA
Dave.
kiwisoldier
Visit this Community
New Plymouth, New Zealand
entire network: 50 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 - 01:18 PM UTC
There is none out there as far as I know but I have seen one in Armorama somewhere.If they are still carry on the naming tradition they will be named with indervidual names starting with the letter "A" . This is a guess but all the QA SQD vehicles had it put on the drivers front side . I also think now they have a callsign number on the side of the turrent again this is a guess best bet would be to go to the NZ ARMY website and ask there www.army.mil.nz
On the campaigns section under the Stryker campaign I have posted a few pics of my NZ LAVIII. I am still trying to work out how to post them on this forum(Cos infantry gunners can't read to good) See what you think.
russ
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
entire network: 432 Posts
KitMaker Network: 57 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 - 10:06 PM UTC
Hi guys,

The NZLAV that Andrew has a link to on Missing Lynx was made by Ian Garnett from a Trumpeter Stryker with alot of scratch to convert it to a current NZLAV lll of 161 Bty based in Linton. I've seen it first hand and it is very nicely done. Its as close as you will get to an NZLAV, as Richard says Ewans one is just a Stryker with a LAV25 turret.

There is a completed pic of Ian's LAV somewhere here on the big A and if you dig around a little you will find it on Mssing Lynx also. I have only been able to find the one done by Sean which is also very nicely done.

Cheers
Neil

DAR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, October 03, 2008 - 12:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

There is none out there as far as I know but I have seen one in Armorama somewhere.If they are still carry on the naming tradition they will be named with indervidual names starting with the letter "A" . This is a guess but all the QA SQD vehicles had it put on the drivers front side . I also think now they have a callsign number on the side of the turrent again this is a guess best bet would be to go to the NZ ARMY website and ask there www.army.mil.nz
On the campaigns section under the Stryker campaign I have posted a few pics of my NZ LAVIII. I am still trying to work out how to post them on this forum(Cos infantry gunners can't read to good) See what you think.

Thanks Sean.
Nice work on your NZLAV.
kiwisoldier
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 02:59 PM UTC
I've done some looking around and found that there is a conversion for the NZLAVIII from a company that goes by the name of REALMODEL they have a web page and the price for the conversion is about 85 Euro which is about $176 NZ without freight.
It comes with turrent, rear storage box and all the other bits and bobs but I think that a bit of scratch building you can save some money
DAR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2008 - 10:39 AM UTC
I've got one on the go at the moment, if you're interested:
http://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/121800&page=1
kiwisoldier
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 09:17 AM UTC
Nice going so far Wish we could get some of the after market kits for our models because as goood kiwis we have modified all our equipment to suit us.
My Model was scratchbuilt from a stryker body and then it was about three months later . Worth the effort though as this was my first go at kitbashing/scratch building
 _GOTOTOP