_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
More questions on wespe weathering
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 01:44 PM UTC
If I dipped the feet of a 1/35 scale fig in some wet brown paint and then pressed his feet against the surface of the floor would it look like foot prints from someone who had just been outside to talk to acommander or to take a pee and stepped in a puddle of mud?
Steve
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 26 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 02:23 PM UTC
Hi airwarrior,
I personnaly don't think it would look that great to just dip a figures boot in brown paint and press it onto the vehicle, a better idea may be to try this, although I've never attempted it myself it sounds like it may work with some practice? carefully cut a peice of fine sponge to the size of a 1/35 soldiers boot, glue it to a rod or some sort of handle for easier handling, grind down some pascals of the desired color to a fine gradient on peice or styrene or cardboard, press the sponge foot into the pile pascal chalk, than press it onto the vehicle where desired(don't go overvboard!) and if successful it should leave the remnants of a foot print on the vehicle, pascals are very forgiving and if you do something wrong they are easy to remove, if desired you can also airbrush on a coat of sealer to keep the chalk down on the vehicle, anyway it's just an idea, I've never even tried this myself but it ssounds like it may be worth experimenting with, have you used pascals to weather your vehicles before?
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2003 - 02:31 PM UTC
No I havent used pascals before but i will look for them thanks for the tip! :-)
Steve
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 26 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 - 03:21 AM UTC
Hey,
Pascals are great for weathering, although I don't use them much myself, you can buy them at any Micheals or other big craft store, just get some earth tones, I think the key to the idea above if make sure that peice of fine sponge is to make sure it actually looks like a boot

-Steve
 _GOTOTOP