_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Airbrush deciding help
mondo
Visit this Community
Mindanao, Philippines
entire network: 1,036 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 07:20 PM UTC
Need help deciding.

I currently have a Badger 150. Doing crap on me after 6 years. I want to keep in reserve.

Our LHS has 3 types of airbrushes available.

Tamiya sprayworks which was demonstrated to me last night. An Aztek A320 which needs different types of nozzles for different types of paints and a Testors #9174. I've no experience with any airbrush except Badger.

Does anyone here have any experience or thoughts with those that I mentioned?

Thanks.
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 686 Posts
KitMaker Network: 74 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 08:22 PM UTC

Hello Mate,
I bought an Aztec about 5 years ago, but couldn't get on with it, I used it 4 times, and each time it ended up a disaster. My first airbrush was a badger 200, did me good service up until recently when I upgraded to an Iwata compressor, and an Iwata Eclipse airbrush, and we get along just fine now... hope this is of some help

Jason
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 - 02:58 AM UTC
Well Mondo, I think you will get as many different answers as you do replies to this.. Its a matter of personal preference really.. Ive used an Aztec for the last 2 years or so and have been pleased with the results. I use the tan needle predominantly, it will spray about an inch wide or so and the same nozzle will do a pencil line depending on paint mix and pressure... The a/b has never given me any troubles, I have found it rather easy to handle and clean. Currently I'm thinking of upgrading to an Iwata HP-C. Ive heard some good things about that brush as well..
Good luck in your search.

dave
Pilgrim
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 516 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 07:40 PM UTC
I've gone from a badger 150 to an Aztec 470 to an Iwata HP-C and have found the Iwata by far the most accurate and definitely the easiest to use. I'd recommend seeking out an Iwata, buying over the net if necessary.

Sean
 _GOTOTOP