_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
New... Network Resolution Center
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 04:05 AM UTC
By tomorrow we should have in place a replacement application for our 3 year old Support Center. The new application is based on an Enterprise-class software solution that is state-of-the-art as a help desk system. The new system will go by a new moniker, the Network Resolution Center (or NRC for short). Some of the improvements...

Hold off trying this for the time being... fixing bugs...

Quoted Text

1. Every current user has an account. Once you create a user account you will have a matching NRC account. So your login username will be the same as your KitMaker Network username. (Caveat: The first time you wish to login you'll need to use the "forgot password" function so that the system will email you your password. I was unable to import users with their existing encrypted passwords as this software uses different encryption.)

2. Tickets support multiple file attachments! Gone is the need to ZIP everything (unless you want to for convenience). We are unsure as to whether each file will be able to be the max upload size (5mb) or that all the files together must be less than 5mb. So on that score you may still need to send partially re-sized image files.

3. Mail works! When users respond to us their email response will go into the record and the admins can see it. (Recently this was not happening)

4. Many MANY improvements for staff using it on the back end. In fact their are so many features we are somewhat lost at this point so please bare with us.

So stay tuned.... More to come as well.

Cheers,
Jim

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 12:15 PM UTC
The site is now up and live. Remember you'll need to use the "forgot password" function (put in your account email) to have a new password sent to you.

Cheers,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 09:57 AM UTC
bump
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 06:39 PM UTC
bump bump
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 07:03 PM UTC
Hi Jim

Great work! From a Staff point of view this is much better organised than the old SC - it's really clear and the way it'll track submissions is superb.

I'm looking forward to tackling the first fresh submissions for Areroscale - come on guys and gals, no excuses, get cracking putting your digital pens to paper!

All the best

Rowan
This post was removed.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 10:04 PM UTC
Rowan,
Thanks.. but thanks to Peter and Mark Smith reporting their login troubles on the regular user login I now understand there is a general problem with all the accounts I imported that is causing the logins (with the password the system emails you) to fail. All 24,000 of them.

So it appears it's back to the drawing board....

Jim
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 - 02:06 AM UTC
Hi Jim

Drat and double drat! Just when something works at the first try for me! I knew it was too good to be true...

Seriously though, I'm really sorry to hear that - because I know just how much time you devoted to getting the system up and running when you should have been taking time off to enjoy your birthday weekend!

All the best

Rowan
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 - 02:52 AM UTC
Anyone who needs immediate access can contact an editor and have them reset their password.

Thanks Rowan!

Jim
 _GOTOTOP