_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Great Guy Alert! Shawn Barclay (Carleton)
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 06:07 AM UTC
I would like to share with you experience I had with one of the members of Armorama. His name is Shawn Barclay (Carleton) and this is the story:

Back in December of 2005 I purchased 1:25 scale Revell model of a Kenworth K100 Aerodyne. At that time I asked whether anyone on Armorama had any photo references for this particular truck. I got some good responses but no photos. This is when Shawn sent me a PM offering to take photos of the next K100 that comes into his shop.

This was over 13 months ago. Fast forward to today…Just this past weekend I received another PM from Shawn asking whether I was still interested in photos of a K100. He then proceeded to send me some 50 high quality shots of the outside and inside of the cab, detailed shots of the Cummins motor as well as other parts of the truck.

You can probably imagine how psyched I was. Shawn definitely made my day. I can now start building the kit and knowing that I have enough reference materials to be able to add some otherwise unavailable details is priceless.

What really impressed me was the fact that Shawn didn’t forget about my request and kept it alive for over a year.

Here is to you Shawn!

You rock my friend!
modelmaker9
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 06:48 AM UTC
That's great, it is nice to have people on this site like that. Modeling is such a great hobby! It's so much fun!

-ModelMaker9
MeCOwhy
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 60 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 02:49 PM UTC
YEAH!

And that's what I love about Armorama!

Cheers Shawn!

Good luck with your build Martin (or is it Marcin? )
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 02, 2007 - 11:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Good luck with your build Martin (or is it Marcin?)

Hmm..how did you know? :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP