_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
UH-60 Blackhawk Inlet Barrier Filters
monkey2fly
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 05:35 AM UTC
Hello Everyone
I am new to this web site but I would like to thank everyone for their input. I am planning to build a Armored Hummer for my best friend that served in Afghanistan and am trying to incorporate every detail of his HUMVEE. Thanks to this site I was able to overcome the issue of the up armored turrent with scratch built plans found on this web site. I am amazed how good everyones different projects are!
I am sending out a call for help for my project. I am currently building a 1/35 scale UH-60 Blackhawk and trying to match every detail of the ones I flew in Iraq. We had the K&N Inlet Barrier Filters installed over the engine intakes. I am desiring to scratch build them but have no idea where to begin. I have scratch built other items I will be including but the IBF system will be a greater task. I have pictures posted on my gallery and will post more except the site will not accept the file size of the pictures. I have 70GB of pictures from anything like buildings to aircraft to armor but the picture size is to large. Anyway if I can help anyone else with detailed pictures of equipment in Iraq let me know. Otherwise check my gallery of Blackhawk pictures and maybe someone will be willing to give this task a shot.
Thanks
Monkey2fly
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 08:29 AM UTC
I found some photos of the same a few months back and was going to try the same thing. The photos I've found were limited as to how they were attached. As to where to start, well looking at them again I’d start out from the front, sides and work my way back. Is there anyway you can get it’s measurements. If so I’d be willing to give it a shot and share a set with you.

Joe
monkey2fly
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 08:35 AM UTC
Yes, It may take me awile and I may have to go to the manuals but think I can get the measurments. I was thinking about eye balling it otherwise. I have any view from any direction if you need them.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 08:51 AM UTC
Yeah I'm sure I can eyeball it as well. I went looking at your gallery photos, would you have more and even some larger ones. Again I'd give it a shot.

Joe
monkey2fly
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 10:12 AM UTC
Give me your e mail and I will send you larger more detailed photos as well as any other part of the Blackhawk that you want more detail of. I have limitless pictures of various aircraft and Blackhawks from my tour in Iraq. I would put them here for everyone to see but the web site will not accept the file size of my photos. If someone will tell me how I will put them on this site for all, but till then. I have a buddy there now and I will email him and ask him to get measurments, that will be the quickest.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 06:24 PM UTC
If anyone can build them, Joe can. I would start with a rectangle and go from there. I too would like to see more of your pics. If you can't fit them here, try Prime Portal, www.primeportal.net Don is always happy to post pics at his site.

Also, welcome to the site. Check out the Helo Campaign build over at Aeroscale (tab at top left of screen) in the Campaigns section. There are a few of us doing H-60 versions.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 09:44 PM UTC
Take a look at products by Cannon & Co. It's possible you could modify one of their kits to suit your needs.
 _GOTOTOP