Place your announcements here please.
militarymodelling.com????
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 470 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 07:37 AM UTC
Vinnie, congradulations. You have what may be controversial. A full time job based around the hobby of modeling. I for one would love it, but for many it may turn into a job rather than love of the hobby. However, since you basically did this work as a volunteer already, Im sure you will love it and I wish you all the luck.

To all others. Vinnie helped make the site great. Lets keep the news, bulids, ideas, and all discussions and submissions coming in to keep Armorama great. And as has been said before, two great modelling sites can exist with room for each. I'll check out the new one, while still remaining at the big A here. Who knows, I may find myself using both as frequently. And Im sure the editors and other staff here, as well as many members have a great relationship with Vinnie. How can it hurt to have friendly relations with another sites management?

Again, good luck Vinnie!
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 01:47 AM UTC
Removed by original poster on 02/12/07 - 13:58:37 (MST).
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 01:51 AM UTC
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 783 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 02:37 AM UTC
Hmmm....it appears as if I have unintentionally stirred up something of a hornets nest here. First of all, let me just repeat myself in saying, I was not trying to slander anyone or offend anyone. I only wanted to point out that I was less then impressed with the site, and that I thought it needed a lot of improvement and that IMHO Armorama blows that site away. If I offended anyone, posted this in the wrong place, or generally pi$$ed anyone off, I apploogize as that wasnt my intention. Vinnie, if you read this, again, best of luck, and I hope everything works out well for you. There us nothing better then getting paid to do what you love. OK, IM out now, and abandoning this topic for fear of further fueling a fire. Cyas around
This post was removed.
This post was removed.
This post was removed.
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,349 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 12:02 AM UTC
I just think that between this site/forum, Terry Ashley's site and even Cybermodeler for additional revews, there's over 10,000 previous reviews and builds. Considering I work in internet sales and can poke on forums throughout the day, I cant imagine spending time on yet another website on armor models. Not to mention I still spend time on my auto forums, motorcycle forums, and ship modelling sites too...
arnhem
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
entire network: 19 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 12:44 AM UTC
Sorry about the name.......... The name of my new site is:

Military Modelling

http://military-modelling.klup.info/

It is the translation of my Dutch page: http:militaire-modelbouw.klup.nl.

Regards, Hans
 _GOTOTOP