Shows and events in Europe.
Yeovilton Modelshow 2007
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 06:27 AM UTC
I just got back from the Yeovilton Modelshow, and whilst I will post a full report in the next day or so (after I have gone through the 300 odd photo's I took) here's a few teaser pics.
The show is held at RNAS Yeovilton, which is a working Royal Navy airbase, and which houses the very impressive Museum of Naval Aviation. The show is hosted inside the museum, which makes it a perfect day out for the whole family. I took my wife and daughter along today, and a great time was had by all. Even if they only have aeroplanes on display... :-)

The setting of the show amongst the exhibits is both a blessing and a curse. It makes for a very nice ambiance, but it plays havoc with the lighting of the models.

The museum has made a great effort to 're-create' some situations in 1/1 scale 'diorama's', and this is the underwater recovery of a plane from beneath the ice... The light, sound and exhibits (which are the original parts) create an eary feeling of actualy being beneath the ice, something you and I might reason away, but which had a profound effect on my daughter. This was the only exhibit she wanted to get away from...

Unlike this one... I'm only there to keep an eye on her, honest...

Cheers
Henk
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 03:42 PM UTC
Looking forward to seeing the full report, glad the family had a good day as well.

Regards

Andy
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 04:02 PM UTC
Looking forward to it Henk.

You might want to post a thread on our friendly Aeroscale neighbour's forum. Im sure they would be drooling over these as well.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 04:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You might want to post a thread on our friendly Aeroscale neighbour's forum. Im sure they would be drooling over these as well.

I most certainly will. I took a number of pics of the exhibits with the flyboys in mind. There was plenty of plastic Armour on show, but the museum is purely Aviation. There was a group of large scale R/C armour enthusiast, with some trully impressive models.
 _GOTOTOP