_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
Reviews: Submission Policy FAQ
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 10:16 PM UTC
This topic will hopefully clarify the policy for submitting reviews to all sites in the KitMaker Network (AeroScale, Armorama, Historicus Forma, ModelGeek, and Model Shipwrights).

Revew F.A.Q.

1.Do you accept un-solicted reviews? Yes. All sites in the Network accept reviews from members without any reservations provided the review is related to scale modeling.

2. Will my review be published automatically? Submission of a review does not guarantee publication on a site, however if you can submit at least 5 photos of an item in it's pre-finished build phase (either sprues or in-progress shots) AND craft a written review with 500 or more words that show you put some thought into the review, then it would be highly probably that we WILL publish your review.

3. How can I include images in my review? The submission form does not allow direct uploading of photos (yet!), so you will need to submit your photos to the Support Center. Photos should be ziped into a single file using WinZip or other zipping application. The total size of the Zip file cannot exceed 5 mega bytes. Also your images should be submitted in a format suitable for publishing. In other words not sized to small proportions or too blurry, badly lit, etc. We can do a lot with Photoshop but even that has it's limits.

4. Can I submit my text and photos directly to the support center? You can, however because of the number of special fields and functions in the Review area we recommend using the online form as it will allow for a more complete and rapid process.

5. How do I make my camera photos small enough to create the zip? Applications like this one are readily available if you don't have Photoshop or something similar. In the end it's better to not modify the photo to much (other than resize it) unless you are familiar with image correction tools, etc.

6. Do I have to give the item a % rating? No. You can select "first look" as the option for the type of review if you are giving more of an overview of the item. First looks should however have lots of pictures (5-20).

If there are other questions out there please let me know via this topic. I will add them to the FAQ as we go.

Thanks!
Jim
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
entire network: 5,653 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 02:17 AM UTC
Hi Jim and all!

Aeroscale users of the world, send us your reviews! I will be happy to edit and publish them!

Jean-Luc
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 08:20 AM UTC
Good news. Thanks for the clarification. Start writing gents.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 09:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good news. Thanks for the clarification. Start writing gents.

Hey Gino, maybe you can pull up the review which you pasted in the forums some time back. I think it was about the bustle rack for the Bradley?
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 11:48 PM UTC
Sure, I can resubmit it. I don't think Gary is making them any longer though. He had some issues and pretty much gave up the resin casting business.
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2007 - 02:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sure, I can resubmit it. I don't think Gary is making them any longer though. He had some issues and pretty much gave up the resin casting business.

ah bugger, thats a shame though. Will leave it up to you then but it would have been better if he was still selling it.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2007 - 10:44 AM UTC
Sorry, I have been asked not to resubmit it by Gary. He said to pass along that if anyone is interested, they should contact him for any items he previously made. He may make a few more on an individual basis.
 _GOTOTOP