_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
New Review Submissions procedure...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:08 AM UTC
This is more to alert sfaff than normal users, but I made some radical changes to the review submission system tonight. Gone is the old "holding area" for incoming reviews. Instead now when you submit a review via the online submission form, you will see a preview page that is almost identical to the regular review page. And when you submit the review it will be included as a unpublished review in our database. In fact you can submit a review and see the review listed (as you submitted it) on your My Account page.

At this point the editors will come in and add photos and when ready will be able to publish it. To the user this part of the process may not be all that different than before, however some changes I am considering may allow users to update the review with photos from their gallery instead of having to upload them via the support center. Then I will simply give the editors a function to switch the ownership of those photos over to our anonymous user so they don't take up your storage quota.

So some nice changes that I am sure some staff members will be happy about. For you guys... check out the new rating system on reviews!

Cheers,
Jim
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:28 AM UTC
Good stuff, and most welcome indeed. As to making the job of the editors easier, just watch the flood of submission coming in soon....
We asked for it...

Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:32 AM UTC
No. you asked for it. And you receive.

jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 01:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In fact you can submit a review and see the review listed (as you submitted it) on your My Account page.

Again thats a very good feature to have. It would at least lessen the number of PMs that come through asking if we have received the submissions from those members.

Love your work!
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 04:52 PM UTC
Continued progress and upgrades. I love that about Jim, he is never satisfied and always move the site forward.

Nice upgrade
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 05:14 PM UTC
Sounds good, and hopefully will help everyone simplify doing reviews.
 _GOTOTOP