Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
It Just Keeps Snowing and Snowing and....
Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 278 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 08:00 PM UTC
Well after having no snow at Christmas and half of January we are making up for it big time now!

Its been snowing all week here in central Ontario and shows no sign of stopping. I live about an hour north of Toronto.

I live in a snowbelt so we get lots of snow but not usually this much in one week. We had to have gotten a about 8-10 inches just last night.

Here are some pics from this morning..... February 07 2007

First of all here is my son Owen's first Xmas 06 with no snow.

My House I think I am going to have to shovel off my roof soon.

Looking out my back deck.

I think this glacier is my truck. :-)

My car and snowblower after cleaning out driveway so wife (Nurse) could go to work.

My car 45 minutes later as its snowing yet again.

Good day to just hide in the old model room.

Jeff

matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 08:33 PM UTC
Feel free to keep all that Up there......I'm Just sout of all the stuff going on Near Buffalo..........
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,500 Posts
KitMaker Network: 154 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 08:38 PM UTC
Please send it here then, we've only had about 3-5 inches since November. I can here my town prepping the signs saying there is a water ban for this spring and summer now.

There is no such thing as enough snow!

Dave S.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 08:56 PM UTC
We had about 5-6 inches here yesterday. Things were pretty sloppy but most everyone got around okay. Pretty cold though. -5 below actual this morning with a wind chill of -15 to 20.

Dress for the weather...

Shaun
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 09:09 PM UTC
Send all that snow here to Nashville, TN. I want to take the day off... :-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 09:16 PM UTC
Practically none here this winter.
And Yep, without snow, we'll have the odd and even plan this summer. :-)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 09:20 PM UTC
Doh... you have to love the almost cartoonish smile that is on the truck. I swear if you sculpt some eyes on the windshild you have a character from Pixar's Cars! :-)

Cheers,
Jim
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 09:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Doh... you have to love the almost cartoonish smile that is on the truck. I swear if you sculpt some eyes on the windshild you have a character from Pixar's Cars! :-)

Cheers,
Jim

Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Practically none here this winter.
And Yep, without snow, we'll have the odd and even plan this summer. :-)

You can thank us out in Colorado for taking the bullet for you this year Grumpy. Now the rest of the country is welcome to it. I love the snow, when it melts the next day like it usually does. I haven't seen all of my yard, front or back, in over seven weeks.

Jeff it's a shame Owen missed out on his first White Christmas, but I'll bet he's having a ball now.

BTW, I've been showing my wife these pictures, of Owen, the smiling truck, and the cartoon truck. She's actually looking on this site a bit more favorably. I hope she never starts going onto it by herself, I could be in BIG trouble. :-)
RichardM
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 383 Posts
KitMaker Network: 27 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:04 PM UTC
ROFL :-) Looks like "Mater" from the cars movie :-)

Here in Quebec city we only had about 6 inch since after Xmas (instead of the usual 5 of 6 feet). But, brrrrr, it's Cold!
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:07 PM UTC
I am in New Jersey I just bought a 4x4 truck..........and not even 1"of snow yet,next year i'ii get a snowblower and we probably won't get anything next year either.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:55 PM UTC
Hmm. So that's what's supposed to be here for tomorrow eh?

Oh joy!
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 1,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 265 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 11:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

next year i'ii get a snowblower and we probably won't get anything next year either.

A sure fire good idea. My 20 year-old snow blower finally died last year, and when I took it in for repairs last summer I found out it wasn't worth repairing. So (in AUGUST!) I bought a new one, because the guy was running a great sale.

I have no doubts I'll get plenty of use out of it, but so far, I've only needed to drag it out once!!!

(I think it's related to the getting your car washed/rain thing, but I'm not certain :-) :-) :-) )

Tom
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 01:41 AM UTC
jeff,are your rails on the deck angled? Or is it collapsing?
No snow here,in RI.Very cold though.I had one of those carports,but forgot to "Furl" the tarp before a strong blizzrd last winter.It got pushed over,even though the uprights were in concrete.
I like that you own a Honda,they keep going and going...
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 03:22 AM UTC
Jeff,

Lol you should see my driveway!!! Over another foot of fresh snow today and I hear we could get up 100 cm more by Monday!!! Perfect excuse to stay in the house and do some modelling

Darryl
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 04:02 AM UTC
Well this side of the pond we are eagerly awaiting approximatley 2-5 inches of snow tomorrow. Looks like the entire road and rail network will grind to a halt, and it'll all be gone on Friday.

Keep safe in the EXTREME WEATHER

Andy
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 04:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well this side of the pond we are eagerly awaiting approximatley 2-5 inches of snow tomorrow. Looks like the entire road and rail network will grind to a halt, and it'll all be gone on Friday.

Keep safe in the EXTREME WEATHER

Andy

Yippeeee, day off work :-) .
Andy
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 05:39 AM UTC
Serves all of you folks from Ontario laughing at us out here in Vancouver when we got our dump of snow in December! The legislature here voted to not allow any snow to fall on the we(s)t coast any more this year and have it arrive to those in Ontario! :-) We knew you'd appreciate it saying that it is a normal part of your life down there! :-) :-) :-) :-)

BTW you can keep your cold temps, too! We like it warmer out here! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 813 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 06:09 AM UTC
I'm with Doug,snow is highly overated, stay on the mountains....time to get the shorts out...I think II even see some buds on the trees..... you know I think I'll have a BBQ this weekend......where did I put those Tiki torches...oh yeah there already outside....
Regards...and running for cover
Pete
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 06:20 AM UTC
Man, I wish we could get some snow like that. The thing is, it snows at night at times, just enought to have a snowball fight. BUT, I have to be in school so there is no time to be having fun outside. It always seems to be melted away by the time school ends.

NJ weather blows!
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 07:43 AM UTC
Seems all I do now is shovel snow.. Shovel it in the morning before work, then shovel it when I get home after work. I'm all most starting to think that work is just a nice break from shoveling snow. If I have to drive to work in another snow storm tomorrow, I'm gonna turn.. The boss wouldn't even call a snow day when it was snowing like mad. No matter how much I begged and pleaded...

Dave
Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 278 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 08:56 AM UTC
Wow great replys to this thread. I was hoping to get back to this earlier but got busy. Had to blow out my driveway again (another 20cms at least) and spend time with the little guy.

My neighbour decided to take his snowmobile out for a spin this afternoon around his yard. Well the snow is up to my waist and its all powder. He buried that thing right down to the grass. Funny as heck to see him slowly sink down and grind to a halt. Not so funny as it took alot of effort and digging by us to get him out. :-) Then he did it 3 more times before he got back to this driveway. ha ha

I have to say that I havn't seen this much snow in such a short time around here maybe ever in my 32 years. Heck a snowplow apparently hit the ditch down the road. Yikes!

Quoted Text

Doh... you have to love the almost cartoonish smile that is on the truck. I swear if you sculpt some eyes on the windshild you have a character from Pixar's Cars!

Jim...funny you said that as I just saw that movie last week and loved it.

Alex/Vadster

Love that picture my friend! Had a good chuckle myself and my wife laughed when I showed it to her tonight. The only problem is its a Canadian truck so it should end with a big old EH! instead of an Y'all. :-)

Quoted Text

jeff,are your rails on the deck angled? Or is it collapsing?
No snow here,in RI.Very cold though.I had one of those carports,but forgot to "Furl" the tarp before a strong blizzrd last winter.It got pushed over,even though the uprights were in concrete.
I like that you own a Honda,they keep going and going...

Hi Carl The rails are on a angle so no worries about then collapsing. Would love to put up a new deck but its down on the priority list. A friend of mine had the same thing happen to his carport. Damn thing nearly blew to the next township. Yeah I love my Honda. My wife drives a CRV also. My dad and brother work at the Honda plant here so I get the associate deal when I buy a car. Never had any complaints with them.

Quoted Text

Jeff it's a shame Owen missed out on his first White Christmas, but I'll bet he's having a ball now.

Owen turns 1 on Monday so he doesn't know quite what to think about all this snow yet. I took him outside for a bit today and he liked touching and eating the snow so I guess its a good sign

Quoted Text

BTW, I've been showing my wife these pictures, of Owen, the smiling truck, and the cartoon truck. She's actually looking on this site a bit more favorably. I hope she never starts going onto it by herself, I could be in BIG trouble.

Ha ha...just reading that reminds me of that Seinfeld episode and George Costanza yelling "worlds collide worlds collide."

Quoted Text

Lol you should see my driveway!!! Over another foot of fresh snow today and I hear we could get up 100 cm more by Monday!!! Perfect excuse to stay in the house and do some modelling

Darryl

Hey Darryl. Yeah I was thinking that you must be in the same boat as we live pretty close. Your driveway is alot longer then mine. I guess you have a tractor. Its funny though...my parents live the other way 10 minutes down the road and they have half the snow I do. Gotta love those streamers.

Dave See thats what you get when you live right next to Georgian Bay!

Well I guess its off to bed. I have a feeling their will be more snow to deal with in the am.

Cheers

Jeff

long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,362 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 02:03 AM UTC
Not a lot of snow in the Chicagoland area surprisingly enough, just a lot of COLD COLD COLD

There were several inches on Tuesday and that has been it so far. To think there was very little snow and mostly rain and warm temperatures last winter!
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 05:09 AM UTC
West coast of Scotland has clear, sunny skies and no snow.

And no rain for a change!

Perhaps the heat from the Nuke Subs just down the road is keeping things nice and warm. :-) :-) :-)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 04:30 PM UTC
Heat wave this morning. It is 4 degrees ABOVE. Booorah.

Shaun