Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Super Bowl XLI Thread
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 11:58 PM UTC
So what do you think? I don't think the Bear's offense can keep up.
Being a 7 point dog should fire up the Bear's defense though. Gut feeling: Colts 34 Bears 20...

Shaun
/Flame on
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 12:02 AM UTC
I agree that the Bears offense is lacking. I pick Colts over Bears 24-10.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 12:22 AM UTC
Yeah, I agree with you guys, I think the Colts have enough offense to put up points on the Bears D, and enough defense to stop the Bears O. I do think it could be closer than the current spread of 7, possibly another game similiar to the Colts Ravens wouldn't surprise me.

Mike
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 01:28 AM UTC
I know little about the Bears so I can't compare them like you guys. However my input comes from one of my friends (a Colts fan) to another friend (a Bears fan):

"Wanna see a horse kick a bear in the ass? Watch the Superbowl"

By the way, there are official petitions from students at both IU and Ball State - both considered party schools - (and I'd assume Purdue as well) requesting classes be cancelled Monday for safety reasons and the fact that "students will not be in a learning mentality as a result of intoxication and/or euphoria/dispair." Neither school is taking it seriously (IU didn't cancel classes on 9/11, why for a superbowl?), but it gives you an idea of the hype going on right now in Indiana.

Jeff
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 05:15 PM UTC
About half of the people here at the foundry, including me, are taking Monday off. Actually, I am taking Friday, Saturday and Monday off...

They only day they canceled classes when I was going to Purdue was the day after the Challenger disaster. Hit the campus pretty hard. 22 astronauts graduated from Purdue...

Shaun
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 05:22 PM UTC
In honor of Super Bowl Media day:

Stupidest Media Day Questions
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 11:22 PM UTC
Oh and I found out that our PT monday has been cancelled due to "safetly reasons." Can anyone say, "Drunk in formation?"

Jeff
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 02:08 AM UTC
Yep, really were stupid questions.
Thanks Shaun, enjoyed the laugh.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 09:17 AM UTC
Oh how great was that? Man oh man, what a night!!!

Long Live the COLTS!

Jeff
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 09:48 AM UTC
Da Bears still suck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQxEvv4_8Mk

Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 06:25 PM UTC
Congrats to the Colts. Now Manning is just two rings and one MVP trophy behind Brady! Although I think the rookie Addai deserved the MVP trophy, what a workhorse he turned out to be.

My predicted score above, 24-10, was fairly close to the final score of 29-17.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2007 - 08:42 AM UTC
Congrats to the whole Colts organization! They showed a lot of class throughout the playoffs and in winning the Super Bowl. Peyton won the MVP but this was truly a team effort.

You can always go back and point out key plays but in my mind one of the early keys was (and this may sound strange) when Peyton threw that early INT. I think he was smart enough to realize at that point how the weather was effecting the ball and he didn't make that mistake again. Instead he took what the Bears defense gave him and picked them apart. That in turn opened up the running game, and you have to really give props to the offensive line. Peyton had all kind of time to throw the ball, and in the 2nd half especially they were really opening up some holes for Rhodes and Addai.

The only bad thing is now the season is really over. (I don't count the Pro Bowl) How long til training camp???

Best guys,
Mike
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2007 - 05:33 PM UTC
Yeah, I think they gave the MVP to Manning because they felt they had to. Addia and Rhodes should have shared it.
Who would have thought the Colts would rush for 191 yards against Da Bears defense? Not me.

Good game.
People waited outside in downtown Indy yesterday for four hours for a parade. The wind chill was -15 degrees. Ouch.

Shaun

2007 Season starts in 215 days...
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 07:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah, I think they gave the MVP to Manning because they felt they had to. Addia and Rhodes should have shared it.

I agree. Rhodes alone, if not with Addai. Of course, some believe Grossman should get it -- for giving Indy the win.

Quoted Text

People waited outside in downtown Indy yesterday for four hours for a parade. The wind chill was -15 degrees. Ouch.

Reminds me of when the Packers won XXXI. It's a wonder no one was run over by a bus or froze to death. The buses had the windows removed and crept through town -- people kept running up through the snow to get handshakes and autographs. The folks at Lambeau (my sister and nephew among them) waited for hours while the parade crept through town.

SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 05:23 PM UTC
Congrats to the Colts....*sigh* that was a tough game to watch for the last half. Colts just outplayed the Bears, nuff said. If my beloved Bears had to lose, I am glad it was to Manning and the Colts. I respect him as a QB and all around good guy.

Sean