Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
BORN BEFORE 1982?
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 4,950 Posts
KitMaker Network: 564 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 05:38 AM UTC
1954 myself, but it still took a a few years to figure out when the music died.
Cyberwombat
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 262 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 09:29 PM UTC
I'm going back to school for a masters degree, and have to take some undergraduate classes first...it's really, really weird to be back at the university with all these kids!
md72
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 02:05 AM UTC
There is a college somewhere here in the US, Beliot? Benoit? I can't recall the name for sure. Every year they publish a 'cultural reference list' to help prepare the facuilty for the incoming crop of Freshpeople.

I recall one that I saw for the class born in 1980:
" Both John Lennon and Jim Belushi have always been dead"
JackFlash
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 11,669 Posts
KitMaker Network: 290 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 03:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not to mention the LADIES..... :-) :-) :-)

I wonder where a regular joe like myself could find a little action... anybody got the ladies phone numbers?
BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 327 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 08:27 PM UTC
Amen!
95bravo
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,242 Posts
KitMaker Network: 488 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2007 - 01:31 AM UTC
Born in 1963.

Seat belts? Air bags? That's what the old man's arm was for!

If you two don't stop fighting I'm stopping this car and yanking off my belt and beating your little ....then we're going home!
gunnerk19
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 354 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 08:07 AM UTC
Born in '64, and boy, ain't the first post the truth!

Whodathunk back when we were kids watching Star Trek that we'd have cell phones just like Kirk's communicator?

I ran around outside, played kill the carrier/smotch (chipped a tooth that way), put extra forks on my Huffy 3 speed to make it a chopper and jumped ramps with it, drank gallons of mountain dew when they still had glass bottles and the vending machines with the bottle cap openers on them, ate fried eggs for breakfast, egg salad, hard boiled eggs, bacon by the pound, back when Cholesterol wasn't even a word in the English dictionary...

Heck, you look at the technology that abounds nowadays, and thinking back to when I was say 13 in 1977, no way would anyone know in what direction things were gonna go...

And, as an aside, don't get me started on the progression of "music" since then; At least in my case, growing up listening to the Carpenters, Helen Reddy, Charlie Rich, Wayne Newton, Etc..., and in recent (and not so) years being deluged with stuff like Everclear, Green Day, "Grunge Bands", and the like have pretty much thrown my brain into near irrepairable condition... :lol
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 08:35 AM UTC
Born in 65'...and man that "if I have to pull this car over" thing brings back memorries{some painful!}...very year we took a two week vacation and drove somewhere...by car{68' catalina sedan with NO AIR}. Looking back it was nice..could easily name the places we "hadn't been" now. Played with "lawn jarts" and lived to tell about it{yes-we tossed them high in the air as well could and hoped to get out of the way when they came down}. The parents gave us real fire works to play with on the 4th of july..we launched bottle rockets at the neighbors...and they launched they're own back! The parents gave us hammers and nails and odd scraps of wood to play/build with...tree forts/battle ships/soapbox racers were in abundance{"treeforts"-had to have somewhere to read the "father's mags" in!}
Endless days of kick-the-can till after dark and no-one ever worried. We were latch key kids...walked 1/2 a mile to school and back every day and the only thing that worried us was the "nuns with rulers" at school!{once again-some painful memorries}.
Wish I could provide my kids with a place like that now!........if only...
Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,707 Posts
KitMaker Network: 530 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 09:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Not to mention the LADIES..... :-) :-) :-)

I wonder where a regular joe like myself could find a little action... anybody got the ladies phone numbers?

These ladies style will never get old or out of time... One word, TIMELESS.
Do you recognize these two....?

Removed by original poster on 02/11/07 - 17:56:10 (GMT).
droseman
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 82 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 08:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

and the English cricket team could win a game or two and even a series.
Also the music, not just..

And occasionally we do, triangular one day series...

Dave
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 657 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 06:48 PM UTC
hey, born before 1982?!! I graduated from highschool way before that,grew up three blocks away from chicago border,we would pitch a tent in the backyard and sleep out ,on warm summer nights,now people have trouble sleeping ,behind locked doors.middle of winter we run up behind school buses hang on to the rear bumper,and let them slide us do.wn the road,open up the second floor window and jump out into snow drifts.

Joe
mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,593 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 12:32 AM UTC
Child of '72 here, and i have to admit to all the comments above ring very true to me, I always said I would never say things like "kids today" and "back in my day"but guess what? I damn well do!! :-)
A-Train
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 236 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 12:51 AM UTC
haha. I'm sixteen, and yet i agree with everything said there.
I also remember going out as a kid, building things, hurting myself, and all that.
And yet, my younger brothers and sisters all seem to stay indoors, and play the playstation.
Maybe my gran was right,
Maybe i am the re-incarnation of my Grandpa.
Dang, i feel old...
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 783 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 02:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

haha. I'm sixteen, and yet i agree with everything said there.
I also remember going out as a kid, building things, hurting myself, and all that.
And yet, my younger brothers and sisters all seem to stay indoors, and play the playstation.
Maybe my gran was right,
Maybe i am the re-incarnation of my Grandpa.
Dang, i feel old...

Born in 1971. I can say that building things and hurting myself as a kid tought me some of the most valuable lessons in life I will ever learn! Trust me, and dont feel old. You'll be better off for it later on in life. Your brothers and sister will be out shooting at people and car jacking everyone just like they did playing Vice City on PS2 LOL :-)
Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,707 Posts
KitMaker Network: 530 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2007 - 07:59 PM UTC
Time for trip down memorylane again I thought.....

Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto
Time of the Season by The Zombies
House of the Rising Sun by The Animals
Sweeeet muuusic!
md72
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2007 - 12:26 AM UTC
Knew I had hit the "old" spot, when a debate about good "old" music turned on Chicago vs Black Sabbath............
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2007 - 12:57 PM UTC
once (and only once!) i walked across this bridge's top rail, it was actually about a foot wide, but still, on reflection a silly thing to do! as a side note to this the bridge was taken down and the cutting filled in for housing to be built, in the early 80's. the walkway part of the bridge bridge was taken to council owned land for storage- almost literally across the road from where we had moved house to a couple of years earlier! and it was a little easier walking across that same rail when it was only six feet from the ground!
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2007 - 09:06 PM UTC
Nice post, something to think about
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2007 - 11:25 PM UTC
Born in 51, had given up on my sons musical tastes till the other day I went into his room he had a Rat Pack poster on his wall,and a colection of Frank Sinatra CD's(all mine I might add)their Phat Dad(his spelling not mine)? oh well must have done something right.and the ladies oh god i still dream of Audrey Hepburn.
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 386 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 07:36 AM UTC
When I was born, one in four motorcycles sold world-wide was a BSA. BSA was the biggest, & most modern motorcycle factory in the world. No one had heard of Honda. My Dad bought a 1953 Triumph Thunderbird & sidecar; I had my first accident @ 3 months when he rolled it!
In 1982, I bought my first big Guzzi (it was 10 years old then), & I've still got it, 165000 on the clock, never needed to buy another!
You could say this post rang a bell...
As for the ladies... what about Ava Gardner & Sophia Loren? More sex in their little fingers than Kate Moss & co in their whole bodies...
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 - 05:23 PM UTC
Born in 67, we still had an army then, you were afraid of the police and showed respect, if someone was in trouble you went and helped plus you didn’t get arrested for it. big plus point though was I spent most of my youth living in and around Salisbury plain, you have got to love squaddies who leave ammo lying around, when we played war it was war thunder flashes and parachute flares best invention ever. Plus we use to make money by putting ammo belts back together and selling them to market traders in London.