TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
History Channel's Dogfights
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 182 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 04:37 AM UTC
I saw this episode the other night on the history channel. The stories/computer generated re-enactments were amazing. Especially
Swede Vejtasa's SBD dive bomber taking on the zero's.

Well worth watching IMHO.

Dogfights : 12 - Long Odds
Airs on Saturday January 27 03:00 PM

Bomber's vs. Fighters face off in three of the most intense dogfights in history! Courageous bomber pilots from World War II and Vietnam challenge deadly foes against incredible odds. Using state of the art computer animation, you're in the cockpit with legendary World War II Navy ace Swede Vejtasa's SBD dive bomber as he fights off eight lethal Japanese Zeroes. World War II Medal of Honor winner Jay Zeamer and his crew pit their slow B-17 bomber against 17 Japanese fighters in a battle for survival. Next, soar with Air Force Lt. Col. Leo Thorsness as his F-105 Thunderchief takes on a flight of skilled MiG-17's in the skies over Vietnam.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 06:02 AM UTC
It's one of my favorite History Channel shows. Taffy 3 is a good one as are the Korean and Vietnam gun fights.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 09:26 AM UTC
It is probably one of the best shows I've ever watched. It's probably the best show The History Channel has ever done in terms of coolness AND historical accuracy. The only show that has surpassed this in my all time favorites is a show done by The Military Channel called "Voices From the Great War". That one was really neat, and well presented.

The only thing I don't like about Dogfights is that the control surfaces on the aircraft dopn't move, but that is just the flyer in me.
Tapper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 664 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 08:44 PM UTC
The episode last night about the Isareli Mirage's vs. Egyptian Mig 17s was awesome!
Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,707 Posts
KitMaker Network: 530 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 08:54 PM UTC
Is this the new series that they've been broadcasting about here in the UK that starts the 3rd of February?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 09:02 PM UTC
I agree also, it's a great series. I posted over on Modelshipwrights that the episode Tuesday looks interesting, "Hunt for the Bismarck." Lots of computer generated images of Hood, Bismarck, and Swordfish.

The only series THC has had on that I like remotely as much was The Color of War. It wasn't perfect, but it had some really good images, good narration, and didn't have too many mistakes I could see.